• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.
Apr 13, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
20171224_110559.jpg

Apr 13, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio

'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the tower
Mo' was reciting incantations of power;
The corpses were waiting, at the end of the stair,
In hopes that Dellamorte soon would be there...

modeath02.jpg

Merry Christmas!

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
Is that an undead owlbear? Awesome! Did you sculpt him or is someone producing them? The necromancer with those black skeletons looks awesome as hell too! That green orb is great, looks terrific with that red robe :)

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
Great job during that month - you managed to churn out as much as some people manage in a year! xD That (relatively) small dragon is cute too, could be used as a pet for some dark lord ;)

Shadespyre

Vampire Count
Aug 11, 2012
That owlbear has me thinking that I should upgrade my long held dream of painting all my favourite AD&D monsters to include an undead version of each, too... :zombie1:

Because I don't have enough projects already, of course :slapface:

Shadespyre

Vampire Count
Aug 11, 2012
Reaper Bones are slowly making this more affordable, though they are yet to include a solution to the time aspect of the problem...

Apr 13, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
Suggestion for the next Bones KS: a reward level that includes an certain time alllotment for a painting servant. (Or maybe a doppleganger to cover at work while you stay home and paint?)

FWIW, I didn't go too heavy on the lastest Bones KS, but one thing I did get was the skeletal monsters set (of course.) I still haven't made ip my mind whether I want to throw more money at them for the Styx river barge or whatever it's called.

Apr 13, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
I just looked up my Bones 4 pledge, and it appears I'm only in for the skeletal mosters, wraiths, and zombie dragon. I liked some other individual minis, but didn't want the giant package deals just to get 2 or 3 minis.

I took a look at KS again and I think I just mentally talked myself into the Stygian Barge. A shame there's such a long lead time on this KS, though.

Shadespyre

Vampire Count
Aug 11, 2012
I think I ignored the core deal - I ended up selling most of the last one on - and went for a huge pile of the fun stuff - I have to have ALL the dragons, as you know. But I hope to do mini-tribes of AD&D Giants using Bones, as I like the sculpts they have done so far.

Apr 13, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
A rushed attempt at filling in my need for a second mounted necromancer. About 30 min. of sculpting work on top of an old plastic Citadel skelehorse, and probably no more than another 30 min. painting. Turned out OK. Not professional looking or anything, but it's my own and has an oldschool sort of charm (i.e. not up to modern standards.) Progress shots and a final photo on my blog. http://www.zerotwentythree.com/2018/01/second-mounted-necro.html

necr0201.jpg

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
For such a rushed job, he looks terrific and wonderfully old-school ;) You could write that it's an official model from the olden times and I would totally believe you

Also - what are you using for sculpting? I would be afraid to sculpt so much in one go without some sort of support underneath it when using greenstuff - the bottom would probably get squished under the top part when it would be sculpted...

Shadespyre

Vampire Count
Aug 11, 2012
I'd have been tempted to add skeletal hands and so on, but this is much spookier! Put that next to an old Ring Wraith and it'll look very fine, I'm sure :)

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
Not quite sure how I missed those greyish skellies, but instantly favorized them! They look awesome! I miiiiight borrow that one when it comes back to bones for me. ...a little late, have a nice 2018!

Apr 13, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
For such a rushed job, he looks terrific and wonderfully old-school ;) You could write that it's an official model from the olden times and I would totally believe you

Also - what are you using for sculpting? I would be afraid to sculpt so much in one go without some sort of support underneath it when using greenstuff - the bottom would probably get squished under the top part when it would be sculpted...

Thanks! I use ProCreate. I did this one in three stages, which was probably a bit rushed. But I was impatient and haven't had much time for hobby stuff lately.

I'd have been tempted to add skeletal hands and so on, but this is much spookier! Put that next to an old Ring Wraith and it'll look very fine, I'm sure :)

Thanks. That's sort of the look I was going for. I was going to add the hands, but decided against it at the last minute. Unfortunately that makes it a bit awkward looking, since I did include the skeletal feet. I've been tempted to either cut the feet off, or go back and add the hands. But as usual, I'm bent on crashing forward into the next thing (see below, haha.)

Not quite sure how I missed those greyish skellies, but instantly favorized them! They look awesome! I miiiiight borrow that one when it comes back to bones for me. ...a little late, have a nice 2018!

Thank you! There are bits for ten more of those dark skeletons sitting on my desk, probably one of the next thing I'm going to do.

Next up: Two more skeletal ogres from Krakon Games, bringing me up to three. So far.

2krogers01.jpg

Shadespyre

Vampire Count
Aug 11, 2012
Nice Skeletogres!

Also, I completely missed the feet on the Necromancer, now I see them it is kinda strange.... but, onwards and upwards!

Apr 13, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
The short version is that the necromancer, Maurice, uses his skeletons for night raids & terror attacks. The idea being that they're harder to see (and even more frightening) when painted/charred black, and the skeletons have an advantage as they don't need the daylight to "see" the same way as humans and similar diurnal creatures. :scared:

Reactions: Unas the slayer

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu