• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

TVC - Chapter 42 - Ashes to Ashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon von Carstein

The Poetic Fiend
True Blood
Simon leapt off his nightmare and approached Vekarin and Lesa. "We can take her to Nexeternus its nearer than Drakenhof we'll be able to heal her in relative safety there and there's plenty of blood to go round." he said concerned.

'Or you can take her to my stomach...' Thought Müller. Images of ripping open the fragile maiden filled his head. The taste of the intestines in his mouth as they spilled their contents, the rhythmic snapping of bones as he broke them open slowly to reveal the soft pink flesh between them, his abrasive tongue lapping at the vulnerable organs to slowly strip their tissues layer by layer, the screams as he slowly slit open the stomach and its acidic juices burnt into its occupants body cavity...

This was what he was made for. A wounded female, unconscious, vulnerable, beautiful...so beautiful..it was to much to resist. The werewolf reached out a claw, eyes mesmerized, towards the vulnerable form...

Trevy the Great

Vampire Progenitor
True Blood
"Or you can join Morr in his prison, for I hear that it is far less pleasant that this world." Vekarin boomed, swatting Muller's outstretched claw away. Victarias gasped and doubled over. "You would do well to remember your place, wolf, for not a hour ago you fought against us. Control yourself, or I will do it for you."
At Simon's offer, Vekarin grimaced under the skull-like visage on his mask at the though of watching another feast of vampirekind and from behind the Red Duke, Victarias winced, suddenly reminded of what they... she really was.
"Lord Walach, this is Lesa Cromwell of the Silver Pinnacle, a daughter of Neferata. Her mate, Milosh von Carstien fell in this battle, taken by his own sword rather than end her life, for he was a victim of Nagash's fell magics as well. She disappeared after the Dreadlord Scribe, although the result of the conflict is still in question." Vekarin glanced at Zosz.
"She won." The aged Necromancer offered, his voice rasping from his empty hood.
"Lord Simon, your hospitality is gracious. And we should depart at once to..." Vekarin was cut off by a shriek from the direction of the Patisserie. Hair and dress streaming behind her and any thought of grace or dignity gone, Requarah ran towards Vekarin, arms outstretched.
"Oh mum, what happened!? Please wake up, please wake up." She moaned, stroking Lesa's hair, tears running from her eyes.

Edit: Ooh, ninja's again!

Gree

Master Vampire
True Blood
''It's confusing brother'' Walach said suddenly, his eyes still on Lesa. ''You where decrying the Carstein but a moment ago, now you applaud the hospitality of their leader? It seems to sudden for me'' he commented.

Then his eyes came upon Muller's hand. ''May I ask what you are doing?''

Müller's chest rumbled in a growl.
"I am doing what is natural for my kind to do."
He brought his claw up to his muzzle and with one savage 'chomp' bit off one of his own fingers. He munched on it hungrily, sickening crunches breaking the night air. He spoke, mouth still full.
"It is harder for my kind to resist the Hunger than yours to resist the Thirst."
The finger would do....for now...

Trevy the Great

Vampire Progenitor
True Blood
"Would you rather me behead their leader so that we may take their domain by force, Lord Walach, for I can accomplish that just as easily? It would still accomplish my goal, but I thought a simply courtesy could do so much sooner. Do not think I respect the bloodline of Vashanesh any more due to the apparent generosity of their leader."

Gree

Master Vampire
True Blood
''You have an entire battlefield of corpses wolf, I fail to see how you lack substance'' Wlach questioned. He turned to Vekarin.

''That was not my intention, I was simply confused by your change of demeanor''

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood
" Let Graveclaw do it he'll eat that puny little ring too" Graveclaw growled from where he sat on a nearby rock, watching the council argue among themselves.

Knightofni

Varghulf
True Blood
Saul was grateful that the attention of the council had been diverted from his arrival.. it was fair to say that it hadn't been a particularly pleasant bonding experience and he was keen to move on. In hindsight venting his anger on there nearest target probably hadn't been a very wise move especially since every one of the gathered vampires was more than capable of hurting him ... a lot.

If anything He needed to calm the tension and soothe relations, allies would be more helpful to his cause than enemies and there were not better allies available at the moment than the Council; with the exception of perhaps that Lahmian ... he would be ready for a fairer fight next time. He would not forgive, and He would not forget.

Quietly contemplating these new thoughts, Saul really began to notice the newest arrival to this grand moot. Damn... That's some fine wench; nice legs, really nice legs. And then he heard the comment about her being a daughter of Silver Pinnacle.

Oh great. Yet another cursed Lahmian. A damn hot Lahmian. But still a Lahmian.. yes but wouldn't you like some of that? ... yes but she's still a Lahmian..

Saul stole a quick glance around to make sure that he wasn't only one that was struggling to contain the ... Lust? Was it Lust? Desire.. yes but Lust seems a bit strong. He was pleased to see that everyone else seemed to be having the same thoughts..

"Do not confuse me with the honored Strigoi."
He nodded in respect to Graveclaw.
"I would gain as much sustenance from devouring the dead as you would from drinking the blood of animals. It is more than their flesh that I crave."
"And the taste is terrible."
He added as an afterthought.

"Certainly not Peter, through I could do with a good feeding" He smiled to peter before shooting a glare at Saul There fight had ended rather abruptly and he hungered to prove his worth to the Von Carstine. " I hope you too are well Peter, you do seam a bit shaken by Walach. Do not worry yourself I'll have your back"
Jason stepped forward towards Sau, puting out his hand towards the vampire "Please, accept my sincere apology Saul. I truly meant no offense by my action's, which I must say were quite childish" His tone was sincere and low as to not attract unnecessary attention, his hand stayed mid-air waiting for Saul's response. As Jason put forward his apology to the vampire he shot a worried glance at Lesa.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Akarin and Silibar unsheathed their blades as they where unwilling to trust a random newcomer.
Marc stepped forward slowly, seemingly much more at ease than the assassins, unsheathing his own sword

"Step back newcomer" he growled raising the blade to the guard position, the blood dragon cursed their poorly guarded position although he was sure that even he and the two weakened assassin's could effectively deal with most threats.

The newly arrived man seemed somewhat put off as Marc was clearly unwilling to allow him to pass, however a faint voice spoke from behind the three council vampires

"Marc...Akarin...step aside...let me see him..." he whispered.

The Assassins sheathed their weapons and stepped out of the way, Marc was a moment longer before moving back to step beside his Master but he did not put away his blade.

The scientist could see a vampire lying upon the Cart missing a few limbs and seemingly struggling to stay councious, however even in this much hurt appearance he give of an aura of a great nobleman.

"Come Stranger...introduce yourself..." he murmered faintly.

Knightofni

Varghulf
True Blood
Saul glared at the Lahmian's hand for a moment.. conflicting desires warring in his head.. it would be sensible to accept the vampire's apology and move forward, but at the same time he was still a Lahmian and could not be trusted.

A quiet resolve steeled his mind as he took the Lahmian's hand.. here and now he needed allies and there would be no good in making a further issue of recent events but he was going to watch this one.. closely, Lahmian's cannot be trusted, ever.

"Apology accepted. And for my part, I too am sorry."

"Apology humbly accepted. My Name is Jason, Jason Nightwere and it is a pleasure to meet you, Saul Delegardt." he gripped his hand tightly for a moment seeing the mistrust in Saul's eyes he had been scared in ages past and brought the vengeance with him carrying it on his shoulders as he walked the path of the hunter. "We still have unfinished business to attend to, I make it appoint to fight my own battle's and i intend to test you strength and honor in due time. Until then, I bid you adue."

Jason moved away towards The council he spoke up " I must agree with Muller on this. I do thirst for some fresh blood and it has been some months since I have had a good fill."
He looked over the body of faint the faint flicker of Un-life still glowing within her through she was indeed desperately weak from what she had been through.
"So Nexeternus Simon? Sadly its not a place I'm too familiar with, perhaps we have lingered here long enough wouldn't you say there is much healing to be done..." Jason gripped at his chest for a moment, he could feel sting of the holy blade lingering in his bones, swallowing the pain down he looked to the rest of the council "For us all."

Gree

Master Vampire
True Blood
‘’Ah yes, where are my manners?’’ The man twirled a lock of his hair. ‘’You may deign to call me Serpino, Serpino Octavo, I am but a humble scientist, and like you one of the privileged members of the Night.’’ he explained smoothly.

He was glancing around, carefully to step away from the most muddy areas, his amber eyes where taking in every detail as the ghoul-men behind him and his wights moved past onto the edges of the battlefield.

‘’Please don’t be alarmed, I was simply passing through, I can already sense this place is a treasure trove, tell me, you fought here? Did you not? I would imagine regaining new arms would be quite problematic.’’ he asked.

‘’Oh yes, I don’t believe I caught your name.’’

‘’That is a fine offer Count, but I am afraid I do not think I can trust you so readily, for all I know the enemy might cast the spell again and make you attack me, or perhaps the spell was never broken in the first place.’’ Walach explained.

‘’I mean no offense, but I cannot simply trust you to take her so far away, I believe your castle is in the Border Princes? Could there not be a closer location? A neutral zone?’’

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
"I am...called...Karl von...Carstein" he said before breaking into a fit of coughing.

He gestured to March who stepped forward slightly
"This is the Baron of Teufhof in the realm of Sylvania." Marc intoned coldly.
"And indeed a battle was just fought in this area but the details of which are not readily available to strangers I am afraid...." the blood dragon said before droning off and glancing back to look at his master then steppin forward he spoke in a quieter voice

"You are indeed correct, the Baron is gravely wounded and sadly neither I nor any in the vicinity are capable of healing him." Marc said quietly to the newcomer
Then glancing back at the column his gaze staring in roughly the direction the council stood he muttered bitterly
"I would have thought if not the council then at least the Count would have sent more than petty mortal Necromancers to assist."

Gree

Master Vampire
True Blood
‘’Yes, we are often disappointed by things in life’’ Serpino trailed off somewhat bitterly. ‘’However you need not disappoint my friends, for you have me’’ he proclaimed.

‘’I have made many inventions over the years, I have perfected many of them, I do believe I posses the ability to heal your injuries, however I do not do things so lightly, I’m afraid I’m not quite that altruistic’’ he commented.

‘’I would be more than happy to heal you, in return for a future favor perhaps?’’ Serpino asked.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Marc glanced back looking at Karl who had once again collapsed into unconsciousness, licking his lips nervously he looked back at Serpino and nodded

"Very well heal my master and you shall have the thanks of the Baron and potentially his entire power behind any favour you require, be that merely his word or Teufhof's resources for your 'science'" the Blood Dragon swore as he sheathed his sword signialling for both Assassins to do likewise.

Gree

Master Vampire
True Blood
‘’Ah, excellent, I knew you would come around eventually.’’ Serpino replied smoothly. His mind was racing at the possibilities of these new allies. He walked over to Karl and looked down at the Baron’s body before drawing a strange, needle-like device from his cloak in a flourishing manner. Serpino loved to showboat.

‘’Now, here it begins, marvel at this!’ he injected the needle to Karl’s neck and pressed a button, a faint purple glow surrounded the device as it was activated for several moments then Serpino withdrew the device.

At first nothing happened, then a crimson flush came to Karl’s cheeks as flesh and bone shot out from his stumps. A low burning feeling came over him ‘’I gave him about two thirds of a dose.’’ Serpino commented as the regeneration began. The assassins tensed when they saw a quick flash of bone coming out of the stumps, before it was soon sounded by a wave of flesh. Cancerous-looking lumps shone through the flesh of the Baron before they straighten themselves out perfectly into smooth skin.

Flesh and bone molded themselves into new hands that shone with baby pink skin, a contrast to the pale flesh of the rest of the vampire. The wound in Karl’s chest closed rapidly until there was only a thin red scar.

‘’And that, my friends is how a true scientist goes about his business.’’ Serpino said, returning his healing dosage to his cloak. He mentally smirked, while he was healing Karl he had extracted s small amount of blood from the vampire, enough for future experiments or a voodoo doll, whichever was needed. The other vampires never noticed, to an untrained eye, it look as if he was simply using a strange and arcane device.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Karl groaned opening his eyes and sat up feeling weak he looked at the scientist then turning to Marc frowning looking faintly confused, Marc stepped forward

"Serpino Octavo, this...scientist...offered to help in return for...ah...favours to come...so I accepted"

The Baron merely nodded and gestured to Marc, the blood dragon taking this as a signal turned and strode off.
Turning his attention to the new vampire he nodded
"You have my thanks Octavo...and I would be glad to repay you...within boundaries." he informed the Serpino.

Moments later Marc returned with a Black Silk Longcoat and a cane handing them to his master, he then assisted the Baron in putting the Coat on over his ruined jacket.

When redressed Karl stood leaning heavily on his Cane
"I wish to see the Count and the other council members." he said
Marc nodded leaving and returning with two Nightmares and assisted the Baron with getting on the unnatural mount before jumping onto his own horse.

Karl glanced back
"Akarin, Silibar you two stay here and guard the Flank of the Column until the Marshal informs you that it is alright for you to leave." he commanded them.

When the two Assassins nodded Karl glanced back at Serpino
"Do you care to meet others of our kind? I would be happy to introduce you to the Council that commands this military force."

Gree

Master Vampire
True Blood
‘’I would be delighted to.’’ Serpino said. He turned to some of the strange ghoul-men. ‘’Ulrona? Calverni?’’ he called out. Two bloated looking men answered him, both clad in dirty grey smocks.

Their features where warped and stretched looking. Their skin was pale and waxy and their bodily portions where all wrong. They had a sense of artificiality around them. ‘’Yes-yes master!’’ they called out in sing-song voices.

‘’Go retrieve the bodies that I spotted earlier with my birds while I come with this man, please do not make a mess out of it this time’’ he drawled out in an vaguely annoyed tone of voice.

‘’Yes-yes Master Octavo!’’ they chirped before bounding off. Signing Serpino turned back to Karl. ‘’Now that is taken care of we may proceed’’

Mircea looked down at the gathering of figures and began walking towards them, a score of Grave Guard coming behind him in a guarded formation, Mircea did not yet trust an attack yet.

Within a few minutes he reached them. ‘’I assume that hostilities have ceased?’’ he questioned, looking about. He spotted the wounded form of Lesa on the ground and his lips curled in contempt.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Karl nodded and made a faint gesture causing Marc to ride of and return with another Nightmare for the scientist.
When Serpino was mounted the three began to ride off at a walking pace, the baron clearly abit unsteady in the saddle.
As they rode a score of Black Knights began to ride towards them, once they reached the three vampire they formed a protective formation around Karl, Marc and Serpino.
So they slowly rode towards the council members.

The Black Knights and Vampires soon reached the council.
Upon reaching a short distance from the vampiric gathering Marc jumped of his mount and assisted the Baron in getting of his mount.
Karl leant heavily on his cane and half walked, half limped towards the other vampires, all of which at least glanced at the Baron as they unconsciously felt the effects of his Majestic Aura.
"It seems all the fighting has ceased." he said with a smile.
Glancing over at the form of Lesa on the ground his smile widened for a split-second before he turned his attention to the other council members
"Does anyone know where my Blade has gone? I seemed to have misplaced both it and my old arms...sadly my memory is too foggy for me to remember much."
Then remembering himself he gestured to the so-far quiet Serpino who had dismounted and strode to stand behind the Baron
"May I introduce the vampire Serpino Octavo, a scientist he claims and of no small skill for he healed my injuries." Karl stated.

Knightofni

Varghulf
True Blood
Disregarding the new arrivals completely, Saul walked unobtrusively over to the wolf who had separated his fight with Lahmian. Stopping a respectful distance away he noticed that the wolf was chewing his own finger.. urgh, that's a little creepy. He decided that showing his distaste would be rude and he was keen to avoid another scene so he addressed the wolf as politely as he could .. trying desperately not to look at his hand or his mouth.

"I don't know your name Wolf, nor do I know the reasons why you interceded on my behalf.. but you have my sincerest gratitude anyway."

"Name's Müller."
Said the werewolf, still chewing. He paused and swallowed.
"Its your scent." he said, not elaborating.
"And stop calling me 'Wolf'" he said in general to the Council. "Or I'll start calling you lot 'Monkeys'."

Simon von Carstein

The Poetic Fiend
True Blood
"There is no such neutral place in this region Lord Walach and the fact you distrust me is insignificant. Lesa is my oldest ally and she will be looked after by the only family she has left." said Simon testily. He turned away "Bring the coach over here." he commanded.

Status
Not open for further replies.