• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

TVC - Chapter 42 - Ashes to Ashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knightofni

Varghulf
True Blood
So, since you are here, do you intend to join us in our quest to slay Nagash. Or die trying? Peter's words echoed inside Saul's head.. Nagash? He felt a faint flicker of rememberance at the mention of the name Nagash.. trawling through the endless trivia crowding his head, Saul recalled someone once telling him about the dread necromancer.. the father of necromancy.

So that was what was going on.. the Council were waging a war against the father of necromancy.. Still that didn't explain how he had come to be here or why he had been caught up in that war.. but as explanations go.. it'll do for now.

But with the megre explanation came the realisation he was completely out of his league.. the Council was obviously very powerful or completely suicidal.. probably both. Did he really want to be involved with all of this? No.. he did not.

He turned his back on the Blood Knight and began to walk away..

"Why should I fight for a cause which isn't mine? For only death as a reward.. No, Blood Knight, this is not my war."

Sweeney Todd

Master Vampire
True Blood
It took a while for Mrs. Lovette to stalk across the corpse-strewn field to rejoin Todd while he watched the not so distant gathering of Council members and newcomers with crossed arms. He eyed the enchanted cloth-wrapped bundle that contained Karl's severed forearms and his lost blade with passing interest before turning away to join the gathering.

"Greetings...Saul, I believe? I am Sweeney Todd, the woman over there is my comrade Mrs. Lovette and that" He waved lazily at the Patisserie as it rumbled right up to them "is my Unholy Patisserie. Speaking of which, I don't think the Carstein coach can quite fit all of us so feel free to hop onboard." He finished after eyeing all the gathered vampires, flashing Saul a friendly grin(which really consisted of the corners of his lips twitching upwards while the perpetual sullen mask that was his face remained ever the same) and a proferred hand.

A peculiar thought entered Todd's mind as he and Lovette ushered Victarias and the Red Duke aboard. With the epitome of martial power that Vekarin, Victarias, the Red Duke and Walach Harkon embodied it would not be too much of a stretch to think of them as the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. How strange it was that the Four Horsemen were in fact currently reduced to being One Horseman and Three Pedestrians of the Apocalypse. He chuckled to himself even as he continued to welcome any others aboard the Patisserie, directing them to the restaraunt where waiting Wight waiters in suits and ties with towels on their arms were ready to serve their honored guests Mrs. Lovette's finest pies. His mirth was but a single breath in the face of a hurricane though, as the sound of the Patisserie and Todd's remaining forces preparing to set off following the Carstein forces

Calverni, intent on watching the carts move away and with the moon facing him, didn't notice the massive dark shape rearing up behind him.
He did notice when he was suddenly being held upside down by the leg and staring into the face of an unimaginably angry Müller. The werewolf spoke softly, his voice quivering in anger.
"Creature, I am going to break your legs."
To accent the point, with a quick jerk Müller broke the leg he held Calverni by.
"And I am going to leave you. When I come back, I swear I will make the attentions of Ghouls look merciful by comparison."
With that he snapped the creatures other leg, and launched himself at a Fell Bat, catching the creature as it was waited down with a body, his fangs shredding its wings. With one mighty swing he threw the shrieking beast at the others waiting in the air.
He could stay and ravage the Fell Bats, or he could go after the carts of bodies. If he left now he could easily catch up to them.
He turned and ran after the carts.

[hr]

Müller walked slowly towards Calverni who lay in the quagmire of blood and mud, the wrecked carts behind him. He roughly grasped the creature by its broken leg, holding it to his head height.
"Creature, why are you carrying the bodies of my Kin away? You are clearly no ghoul, and the giant bats above our heads show that you have some mastery of the black arts, and the fact all the bodies in the carts where those of my kin shows that you are specifically targeting us. What is your purpose?"

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
The Duke grimaced as he was forced to tear one of his shoulder plates off, the buckled metal too damaged to remove normally. He was stood in one of the side rooms of the Patisserie, slowly shedding the inferior armour around him. It had proved to be extremely poor compared to the master forged articles he normally wore, and he swore to create his own at the soonest opportunity.

Wearing now a simple black shirt and trousers he walked back out into the main room, looking for Victarias. He nodded to one of his lieutenants who had ushered the Duke's army in to the Patisseerie's barracks. The size of this place inside was many times bigger than it appeared outside, and he was still amazed that his full army had managed to squeeze onboard somewhere.

Still looking for Victarias he came across Todd who was deep in discussion with Mrs Lovette,
"Lord Todd. My thanks once more for the transport of myself and my troop," he said, "I seem to however lost Lady Banespike if you know were she is? It also crossed my mind if you would have a store of Gromril on board? I need to forge a new suit of armour, and of course I will ensure you are adequately paid or what I used replaced as and we I finally return to my kingdom."

Peter tucked into the pie that Todd gave him, and felt its warm gravy trickle down his parched throat. The succulent filling was the most delicious thing the Blood Dragon had ever tasted. The energy it gave made him feel like he could run to Nexeturnus.

However his mangled body told him otherwise. He was in a sorry state, his armour torn and buckled, and his body still wounded from his duel with Mircea. Peter walked towards Jason, who was also eating one of Mrs. Lovette's pies.

"Mmmm, not bad are they," mumbled Peter through a mouthful of pastry, "By the way, you would do me a favour and fix my armour would you. I thought, since you made it, you would be the best person to fix it."

Trevy the Great

Vampire Progenitor
True Blood
Zakk’s work on the ancient plate Victarias wore was remarkable, the vampire was quite an artificer and was able to increase her armor’s resilience by quite a margin, however the wounds done to her by Silibar’s blade has been severe and the suit was broken once again. Her wounds had begun to heal as an effect of her natural regenerative abilities, but she did not wish to heal them. Instead, she would rather have felt the pain as a punishment for her earlier weakness. She had felt cowardice, and it ashamed her, almost as much as the shame she felt for her feelings towards the young duke. She was a storm of conflicting emotions, and her injuries were a way to take her mind off of the very real pain within her.
She owned few clothes outside of her armor and protective clothing, so she donned a simple training outfit. The loose-fitting, violet cloth allowed her to move easily but displayed the wounds on her arms and midriff like badges of honor. So attired hung a sword by her hip and left her accommodations.

Sweeney Todd

Master Vampire
True Blood
Todd frowned slightly as he answered the Duke

"I do not know where Lady Victarias is. The last I saw you were together with her. As for the gromril, I appreciate your offer of compensation..." He left his words hanging as he turned to Mrs. Lovette who took the cue

"We do have some gromril on board. Not a lot, but if you seek to reforge a new set of armor it should be sufficient."

OOC: IIRC the Duke and Victarias boarded the Patisserie together?

Knightofni

Varghulf
True Blood
Saul walked away from the departing Council.. never once looking back. If they so wished to get themselves killed in some war then it wasn’t up to him to stop them. There was a momentary pang of unease as he moved further away.. he felt uncomfortable at leaving his back unprotected.. he was sure that some of those gathered wouldn’t waste a moment in killing him.. he knew that he could not really trust them but he also knew that if he looked back then he wouldn’t be able to bring himself to leave.

Was it cowardice to leave like this? to run away from it all. If it was then he was a coward.. Saul began this unlife by running and he hadn’t stopped running since.. every time he found something he could not overcome Saul ran. He called it ‘self-preservation’.. but what of those he would leave behind.. he could not deny to himself that he would not feel any regret for leaving them.. except perhaps the ‘Duke’ and that grumpy Von Carstien.

Saul quashed the thoughts of regret.. it wouldn’t do to be going soft.. there was no reason for him to stay. They have made their choices and now I am making mine. He stretched an ashen hand out in front of him and murmured a few words in an foreign tongue.. for a second nothing happened but then the tranquil air around Saul grew bitter and slow, snaking tendrils of sinister shadows crept from all points of the compass, drawn and fashioned by Saul’s magic until they coalesced into the corporeal aspect of a jet-black steed.. quite literally a Steed of Shadow.

He didn’t care if any of the council were watching.. frankly, why would they be? they had more pressing matters to concern themselves with. Saul approached the steed.. quietly pleased with his efforts.. so it wasn’t exactly a prize-winning stallion but it would be good enough for him. It snorted as he wound his fingers around its mane.. Saul smiled, it had been a while since he had summoned his steed, he’d missed it.. it was a strange sentiment to get attached to some shadows, they weren’t even the same shadows as the ones that he’d bound last time.. but it was his magical personality which bound them so in a way it was the same horse every time; it even had a name.. Usidaen.. meaning 'intelligent spirit' in an old Gael language.

Saul leapt up onto the steed in a single, fluid movement and patted the side of its neck. It was a strange feeling to be mounted once more after so long spent travelling on foot.

“You must be swifter than the wind at our backs, Usidaen, we’re going to see an old friend.”

Gree

Master Vampire
True Blood
‘’Excuse me Sir Nightwere. Could you go ahead? I have some things to take care of, I shall catch up to you shortly.’’

Serpino saw the devastation in the distance and frowned he opened up his mind-link with several of his observational Ravens flying overhead. He figured the werewolf would be upset, but not notice so quickly.

He accessed the powers of his Circlet, sending a command to the bats in the air, some of them dropped their cargo, while assiting the others, using the combined strength of the flying beasts they now lifted the bodies high into the air until it was over the clouds. That would be five bodies from over a dozen bats.

He smiled, and ordered them to split off, all going to different hidden labs he had. He would have at least some bodies now. He then observed the werewolf beginning to interrogate Calverni.

‘’How sad’’ Serpino pulled out a small metal device. ‘’Goodbye servant’’ he pressed a stub on it.

Immediately Calverni began to giggle before he bloated and expanded to a large size, his entire body shook with the power of a small bomb created from a skaven warpstone mixture.

Then he exploded in Muller’s face, everything in ten feet was covered with fire and smoke.

Before Serpino could finish Jason was gone a whisper on the wind and far ahead of the Other council members flowing in towards the Patisserie. Another time he thought to himself, as he sat inside the dinning hall only to find peter. As they sat and conversed, a waiter brought both of them a delicious smelling pie.

"Certainly peter, would it be okay to make some small modification's? I do so love to improve and to be honest it was only a half fast design to keep you protected for the battle against the dread lords, Not Half the council.." he let the words trail off as he picked up his amber Tome and chewed on the pie trying to distinguish the flavors and materials used to make this tasty treat.

"Now what would you like you armor to do feed back is always essential in my opinion, especially when designing armor which may save your life some time." Jason grinned as he flicked trough his tome and rote down some notes on the previous battle in a similar colored stone pen. Peter looked over it but couldn't for the life of him understand what Jason was writing about the language was nothing the Blood knight had ever seen, but there was a picture or to to give him a hint.

OOC: sorry if not well grammerized had to put something out before school. LAST DAY EVER, Wish me luck.

"Well, as you can see, the armour has a slight weakness below the shoulder pads. A skilled opponent could easliy wound me by striking there. However, the enchanments held up well against Mircea's magic, although I fear they may need to be renewed somewhat," Peter told the enchanter.

The armour was the most well constructed he had ever worn, far superior to the suit he bought from that dwarf in Tilea. The damn stunty had conned him out of a fortune aswell...

Quickly changing into the slightly more comfortable nobleman's clothes he wore when not in combat, Peter handed Jason his damaged plate armour.

Simon von Carstein

The Poetic Fiend
True Blood
The sky was overcast as the vampires crossed the fords of Ikaana and continued onwards towards Nexeternus. The damage caused by the unholy alliance of Magneqrox and Merovich had long been repaired and the valley surrounding Nexeternus was a hive of activity. Nexeternus had always been more than just Simon's chosen abode it was also a prison, an armoury, a factory, a mine, a furnace , a library, a tomb and a citadel of great power. The greatest fortification in the Border Princes made by man guided by the arisen. Simon jumped off his nightmare and with Aurelius and Gabriel removed Lesa from the coach and took her inside followed by Jerek who padded after them.

The other vampires entered the valley and observed as the great gates closed behind them and noticed that they were effectively surrounded by thousands of Simon's servants who were currently ignoring them and continuing with their day to day business.

Status
Not open for further replies.