• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweeney Todd

Master Vampire
True Blood
Mar 9, 2008
Singapore
"That's because I am not entirely human, although I look the part. I am a witcher hired by Sweeney Todd under a long term contract. I'll tell you this now, whatever the man's flaws, Todd is a lot more tolerant and tolerable than many on the council." Geralt replied to Ashlotte.

Stopping for a while to chew, Geralt continued

"And please don't confuse 'witcher' with 'witch hunter', I am not numbered amongst those ignorant bigots."

TMS

Staff member
True Blood
Nov 26, 2008
Sweden
Helena could barely suppress an amused smile when she looked up at Aubervillier's face, towering above her as the warrior were. Anxiety rung through his voice and features when Helena answered him back,

-"As I told you before, I would indeed have some interest in attending the festivities. However, it seems like the invitations available are few and then I'd rather let some one more focused on the actual task at hand have my spot."

She ended with a resolute tone but it could not quite cover a sense of longing in her voice, her eyes seemingly lost and distant. Shrugging, she fixed her vision on Aubervillier again.

-"So, how does the situation look for you then?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

-"My mistress have also spoken well of Master Todd, despite having only known him for a very short period of time. That's a very rare occurence, at least according to my mistress herself."

There was but a slight pause in which Ashlotte processed Geralt's latest reply before she launched another question, eager to learn.

-"What is a "witcher"?"

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Aubervillier smiled before spreading his hands like a magician. With a quick flip two tickets appeared his hand, his handsome smile lighting up his face.

"It is not only the others who have friends," he said with a grin, "perhaps you would like to accompany me? It would be much better than staying here by yourself?"

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
"Ok?" Lesa finally answered, refusing to meet Jason's eyes, "what do you think? Of course I am not!" She turned round rather than show tears that started running down her cheeks, "I was forced to kill him Jason. Kill him with my own hands before that bastard V'azrin forced him to kill me. This war has lost me me the man I loved, and still the arrogant pigs treat me like dirt, disrespect me in my own home, and plot to stab in a sword in my back as soon as they think I am of no more use."

Turning back round Jason's saw Lesa's eyes and for a moment stepped back by what he saw. They were cold and hard now, no passion, no anger, just cold hard crystalized hate.

"He told me he loved me!! The fucking Necrarch said he loved me and thought he could just turn his back on me and walk away!! After what he did he honestly thought that by confessing his love, I would forgive, that I would let him walk away back into the arms of Nagash. Well he thought wrong. Back turned or not, a tore apart his body, and exploded his head into bloody pieces. So no Jason, I am not ok, and to be perfectly honest I do not think I will ever be again...."

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Akarin stood down the hall in a corner, completely covered in shadow no one would see him even if they walked within inches of the assassin unless they had heightened Witchsight.
He leant his head back against the wall as his heightened hearing picked up Lesa's words.
For a fleeting moment he felt bad, Lesa had indeed lost much in the council and whilst he still disliked the Lahmian for her heritage and arrogance he did realise she needed some space...and perhaps for everyone to lay off.
Perhaps pretending she isn't so bad for once might work...or else from the sounds of things she might just snap.

Stepping out of his shadowy hiding place he turned and walked down a different hall, heading towards Simon's room.

Mr Nightwere

Necromancer
May 30, 2009
Nuln
Jason looked at Lesa for a moment forgetting himself and walking towards her reaching out and wrapping his arms around her softly speaking as she began to weep crimson tears which soaked into Jason's robes as he held her tightly.
"One day...you will, The pain will be ever constant and still try to eat you away and leave you empty but you will be Ok. Some day you will feel joy even happiness, but you will never forget this pain and the memories attached to it" He stopped as he reflected on his own undying pain "It is a sad fact and such things can bleed you dry if you let them. Just know that I trust you and I Respect you as does all my line and you will always have a place with us..." He paused as he spoke feeling the emotions welling up inside of him as he let go of her and turned away.

Knightofni

Varghulf
True Blood
Aug 31, 2009
"Shall I assume, from your surly disposition and your lack of haste to find alternative attire, that you have no intention of aquiring invitations for us to go to this fancy-to-do with the rest of your dysfunctional family?"

It was hard for Saul to decide whether Trinity's voice sounded disappointed or relieved.. most probably the former than the latter. He frowned, of course he had no itention of going to the god-forsaken ball.. why would anyone want to prance about in ridiculous costumes, whilst concealing their identity, to the kind of garbage that people 'danced' to in this part of the world? He had even less intention of going with the rest of the council.. he would be far too tempted to stick a blade through a few shoulders.

"You know I don't dance.." Saul's tone was sullen and bored, he was sick of all the party talk.. frankly he'd rather be doing something a little bit more... fun.. preferably something which involved breaking things.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
"Jason, you know that is not true," Lesa said shaking her head, "whilst many of our line may respect me, they will not hesitate to kill me if they get the chance. Neferata made it clear to everyone what she would do if she found of her children befriending me. There are few of her children who have broken free of her grasp like we have."

The talk between the two had brought too many raw feelings bubbling to the surface, things which if she allowed herself get lost in, she would not come back from for months, maybe years.

"I know you have felt the pain as well Jason," she said heavily, "but I cannot talk about it now. There is so much that must be done, and once this is over, then........then I will grieve. Until then, knowing I have your support does help."

Jason nodded, knowing that Lesa was speaking from her heart, and understanding as only one who had been through the same could.

"Then I will bid you good day," he said then, "but when you are ready to talk....."

"Then I will find you," Lesa finished, "Thank you."

After Jason had gone Lesa finally laid down on her bed, thankful for the chance to rest, to empty her mind and simply think of nothing.........

Knock knock.

With a snarl Lesa sat up, it seemed she would not be getting any sleep this evening as she strode to the door. She had hoped she would have an hour or so before the man she had chosen to take her to the ball came regarding the message she had send, but now that looked unlikely. As she opened the door she saw the monstrous form of Graveclaw looking at her almost sheepishly.

"Graveclaw needsssss to assssk a favourssessss."

(OOC: Ghouly - you don't need to reply to that, it was just to lead into the next chapter.)

Sweeney Todd

Master Vampire
True Blood
Mar 9, 2008
Singapore
"A witcher...is a being created by subjecting a human to strictly controlled mutation and training." Geralt replied carefully "Witchers are called such because the unwashed masses often confuse us with witch hunters. We are created to defend mankind against the monsters that lurk in the dark and prey upon them. Oh, but of course you didn't realise that 'monsters' definitely includes vampires as well." He finished with no hint of irony.

It was obvious that Ashlotte was curious and probably clueless about the larger world in general. When it came to Ashlotte herself though, the same applied equally to Geralt

"And then there's you. A maiden most fair, made of iron most firm. No doubt you have plenty of men of steel lining up to be your suitors, though I've not had the privilege of hearing what poetry your perfect form would inspire amongst them. Ashlotte, what are you?"

TMS

Staff member
True Blood
Nov 26, 2008
Sweden
Helena kept her calm composure in the face of this joyous surprise but took a slight bow before answering with a smile.

-"I'd indeed like to accompany you to the ball. I might have to find a way to conceal my true nature from the humans, but I've just recently discovered how that might be solved..."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

-"Ashlotte, what are you?"

Due to whatever quirk in her artificial reasoning, Ashlotte took a slight offense to Geralt's last question and replied with a rendered tone of indignation.

-"I am the servant of my mistress and nothing else. And for your information, my mistress has held nothing back when telling me of the nature of the Vampire - a creature born from darkness with an incline for death."

There was a short period of silence as Geralt looked intently at Ashlotte, surprised by the display of simulated emotion. She was not one to hold a grudge though - not even for a moment - and before long she was back to her curious questioning, relentless in her interrupting of Geralt's dining.

(OOC: End of thread, perhaps?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu