• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Well obviously I am not going to have Drake killed xd We have all done a bit of godmodding in our time, me included. I think when whoever from the Council arrives, Zacharius should put up a bit of a fight (he really wants his book back, he was just about to get to the last page and found out whodunnit before some bastard came in and stole it xd), and then he will flee. He can be hurt a bit, after all he can heal himself.

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Apr 26, 2010
Yay xD thanks DoN. I know many GMs who would've killed me off for that sort of offence, so I thank you for your benevolence.

But don't worry. Drake's gonna have a reeal headache. (And that, kiddies, is why alcohol is baad.)

EDIT: Doh! I always read the last page of a book early on. I just can't resist it! Silly Zacharias didn't want to spoil it.

Jun 3, 2010
Count Darvaleth said:
DoN, how would you like Zacharias to escape and join Nagash? Or did you have other plans for him? He and his dragon are both in relatively good shape, so they could easily escape at any time you wanted. And, as I mentioned earlier, I leave the fate of Drake up to you.

Ex cept the dragon has no skin, thanks to me. :)

Also I just relized that morithians going to gety there probably a few days after the battle has ended.

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Apr 26, 2010
The dragon has been torn apart, has it's wings cut off, been hit by cannon fire, and had the frickin' Necrarch's Tower fall on top of it whilst crumbling to dust in a magical holocaust. I think Zacharias has proved himself more than capable of keeping his dragon up and running.

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Apr 26, 2010
He he, xD not meaning to sound mean (? not a pun I tell you, I swear) just pointing out that Zacharias can fix up his old dragon when he wants to.

Ghostmaker

Ghoul
Feb 17, 2010
Oslo
I was just wondering, where in the Border Princes is Nexeternus?
Nuzzled up to the Black mountains? Looming over one of the towns? A dark silhouette at the shores of the Black Gulf?

I was just looking over some maps I have of the area and was wondering how Nagash's armies will move towards the north and how I would plan a defense and so forth...

To my understanding, his legions left Nagashizzar and crossed the Sour Sea not long ago, so he must then be moving north past the Marshes of Madness, through the Badlands, before reaching the Border Princes. If this is correct, then I would fortify the stretch along the River Starnek and the Blood River in the south of the Border Princes. All the way from Barak Varr and to the World's Edge Mountains. This would both tempt and force Nagash to send at least a part of his force across the Black Gulf to flank the fortified Blood River. When the flanking force tries to cross the Gulf, I'd send the Pirates at them, far more capable seafarers than any Nagash can produce! Upon the open waters, the strength of his lieutenants will be diminished and the quantity of his troops count for far less than in a pitched battle.
The council's Pirate-led fleet would harry and force the enemy's fleet to the east until Nagash's ships only have a single target left to them to flank, Barak Varr. Their might will be dulled on the anvil of the dwarves before they ever meet our forces past the mighty fortress. With the destruction of Barak Varr at his hands, Nagash will make an enemy of the dwarves and the council will have gained "an enemy of their enemy".

But I get the feeling I'm thinking too "ordinary" for a conflict like this... I mean, most victories will mean little as long as Nagash and his Dreadlords survive the battle. My strategy was aimed at slowly whithering down an outnumbering enemy, but Nagash will always win a war of attrition. The only way to win the war would then be to construct a single battle where your forces would gain the opportunity to slay Nagash and as many of his Lieutenants as possible. That would mean you'd have to use diversion tactics and guerrilla warfare to get the enemy into a position most favorable to you... Yet still, the slaying of Nagash will be a battle all onto itself^^'

Jun 3, 2010
Good plan, he can't raise his army once they fall in the river so I good set up some cannons on the river bank and when he gets near blast his ships out of the water. And how will we get the council's armies to the border princes if Nagash is already on the way?

Mr Nightwere

Necromancer
May 30, 2009
Nuln
When Nagash is concerned can't is a unknown term if Nagash was present he could merely turn the waters on them selves and raise the dead bringing our ships down. many of the council are powerful indeed but not savvy of sailing also many of the councils forces are foot soldiers a sea battle would be worse for us than Nagash the council themselves are a problem for him but not a major one.

Posting had diminished this is not acceptable!

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Apr 26, 2010
I've made Zacharias go to join Nagash, as I agreed with DoN. Sorry that there was this complication, DoN, I didn't really think it through before posting that he was on my tail. Anyway, now it's been taken care of, at least.

Sweeney Todd

Master Vampire
True Blood
Mar 9, 2008
Singapore
Unfortunately, to my knowledge the pirates are but a very small portion of the Council's total forces. Not to mention that your character is nowhere near Drakenhof and hence cannot present your insight to the Council.

Ghostmaker

Ghoul
Feb 17, 2010
Oslo
Oh, no no no.. I was just thinking it over for myself. Wasn't planning on having Varia have a say in anything^^ Who'd trust him to decide the Council's strategy anyway :rolleyes:

But still, where's Nexeternus located? I'd still like to know...

Mr Nightwere

Necromancer
May 30, 2009
Nuln
Count Darvaleth said:
"He's still here!"

Sure enough. the form of Zacharias appeared, on top of his zombie dragon. The beast immediately responded to his master's will, its wounds glossing over as though they'd never been there, flesh re-knitting itself and bone cracking back into place. Zacharias cried out a harsh call:

Where is it, Drake?" Zacharias couldn't sense the Book's presence. Drake was infinitely grateful for it.

"Do you really think I'd still have it? It has been sent away by my magic, to a safe place that not even I yet know the location of!" cried Drake. It was a calculated bluff, as Zacharias would likely expect cowardly behaviour from somebody "below" him. And it worked.

The why did you flee me? cried Zacharias, still unsure.

Drake laughed a dry, coarse laugh, "Do you really think I would sit around and let your dragon rip me to shreds?" Zacharias had taken the bait. He fully believed the Book was gone. Letting out a harsh shriek, Zacharias spurred his dragon into the skies, and flew from the battlefield, screaming curses. He knew there was no point remaining in a protracted battle, so he left to join Nagash, his master. At least that's what Drake thought.

Only when he was sure Zacharias was away, Drake sagged; he was tired. Staggering over to the assembled vampires, Drake awaited the inevitable questioning.

You realize that if Zacharias reappeared that Jason would follow him and subdue him and Simon would spot him when he comes to 'help' and that Jason is much faster than Zacharias and could easily catch him.
I intended Zacharias to retreat without his zombie dragon because he was on the wrong side of a losing battle...

Al through I suppose I will be simply content with taking you all prisoner, WHAAHAHAHAHAHA!:thumbsup:

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Apr 26, 2010
Oh, sorry, it's just that I agreed with DoN that he'd escape relatively unharmed, just a bit angry. And how would he escape without his dragon, exactly? xD

Bravo_10

Dark Lord of Eternal Sorrow
True Blood
Jul 26, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Hi everybody. I was just wondering if anybody has any criticism for my character submission. He's in the "signing up" thread.

In hindsight, I believe some of his stats may be a tad inflated. :( I didn't look too hard at the other characters submitted before I created him, and his stats kind of reflect that. I'm willing to lower them if anybody thinks it's necessary.

Oh well, just hoping that he will make a worthy addition to the Council. Hope you all like the backstory!

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Apr 26, 2010
Bravo, you could stick those stats through the roof is you wanted; just as long as you post regularly. xD I kid, I kid.

But as for teleportation.... well, then if he's teleporting his dragon to safety, we're in the same position. He escapes and his dragon is fine as well as him. Without his dragon, a major component of his strength disappears. He doesn't need to get his hands dirty; he has a dirty great dragon. Kill the dragon, and he can't exactly teleport around the battlefield... it's pretty hard, even for one-off teleports, and I'd say it's inaccurate too.

Sweeney Todd

Master Vampire
True Blood
Mar 9, 2008
Singapore
Count Darvaleth said:
Bravo, you could stick those stats through the roof is you wanted; just as long as you post regularly. xD I kid, I kid.

But as for teleportation.... well, then if he's teleporting his dragon to safety, we're in the same position. He escapes and his dragon is fine as well as him. Without his dragon, a major component of his strength disappears. He doesn't need to get his hands dirty; he has a dirty great dragon. Kill the dragon, and he can't exactly teleport around the battlefield... it's pretty hard, even for one-off teleports, and I'd say it's inaccurate too.

Untrue. You're forgetting that in the above scenario we would be holding the Book of Nagash, not Zacharias. Secondly, why can't he teleport around the battlefield even if he has no dragon? And besides, isn't the whole point that he's supposed to get away safely?

@Bravo_10: I think your character's Agility should be lowered to 7(taking a cue from Lesa here). Other than that, seems like you're good to go. Your character seems to be a close counterpart of mine stat-wise.

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Apr 26, 2010
Well, that's what I'm saying. Why complicate with difficult teleport (which doesn't appear much in the warhammer world, at least from my experience) when he can just fly away anyway? I'm simply arguing that the dragon shouldn't be killed.

Sweeney Todd

Master Vampire
True Blood
Mar 9, 2008
Singapore
Count Darvaleth said:
Well, that's what I'm saying. Why complicate with difficult teleport (which doesn't appear much in the warhammer world, at least from my experience) when he can just fly away anyway? I'm simply arguing that the dragon shouldn't be killed.

Well then we shouldn't be arguing with each other 'cos we're on the same side xD. Even if Zack gets away safely with his dragon it will be a strategic victory for the Council though as we have accomplished our objectives(stealing the Book).

And BTW, if you read up older chapters of TVC you'll notice no lack of teleportation.

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Apr 26, 2010
Oh, ok, sure. And lol Toddy; I was confused in the first place as to what the subject of our debate was! xD

And Vlad's not gonna be pleased that Jason has taken Drake prisoner. In fact, Simon's almost there anyway on his dragon! Saave meeeee! xD

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu