• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMS

Staff member
True Blood
Nov 26, 2008
Sweden
RE: TVC - Sign-Up Thread

Wouldn't surprise me. It wouldn't be the first time that poor Ashlotte got drawn into a sexual context. :(

Anyway, I think that Serpino looks like a pretty cool character, Gree. I can foresee some interesting scientific duels between him and Orchimedes. :lol:

Gree

Master Vampire
True Blood
Dec 11, 2007
Somewere in Slyvania

Yes, especially Ashlotte, he would love to see how she operates and how she is powered and especially how she is able to think.

Yes, I thought it would be intresting playing a vain scientst. He is like Vrakian in the sense that both have ''true forms'' of their bloodline, but wheras Vrakian embraces his, Serpino hates his true face.

Sweeney Todd

Master Vampire
True Blood
Mar 9, 2008
Singapore

Oh lawd, Gree, did you have to bring the the 9th Espada into TVC as well? And BTW I suggest leaving his reincarnation thing out, it's a bit OP IMO. He's already very complicated for a secondary character

Gree

Master Vampire
True Blood
Dec 11, 2007
Somewere in Slyvania

Sweeney Todd said:
Oh lawd, Gree, did you have to bring the the 9th Espada into TVC as well?

8th actually.:D

Sweeney Todd said:
And BTW I suggest leaving his reincarnation thing out, it's a bit OP IMO. He's already very complicated for a secondary character

Yeah, I'm probably going to have to revise him, some of his powers are a little OTT.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008

Well I'm glad you realised that yourself Gree xd I'm not sure but recently everyone seems to be posting up OP characters........

Drog_Manslayer

Skeleton
Aug 9, 2009

Gree said:
As the fifth Chaos God I sneer at things like ''reality'' and ''logic''

You don't want to be the fifth Chaos god.

He's Hlaym, the God of Lose and Fail.

Zanos

Vampire Count
True Blood
Jul 23, 2009

Malal.... according to Two Galaxies Saga, he possessed Darth Fething Vader and killed Abbadon. According to Two Galaxies Saga, baneblades cant kill AT-ATs...

Gree

Master Vampire
True Blood
Dec 11, 2007
Somewere in Slyvania

Here is the revised version of Serpino. Feel free to point out any flaws.

Name: Serpino Octavo
Bloodline: Necharch
Sire: Unknown, he himself does not care
Place of birth: Estalia
Aliases: The Phoenix of Estalia, the Vampire of Science

Appearance: Serpino normally appears to be a handsome young man with auburn hair and amber yellow eyes. His skin is fine textured and fair, his profile is more beautiful than handsome, his features very fine. His build is slender, but muscular. He wears the robes of a Death Mage from the colleges of Magic.

In his true form he is a monstrous and rotted version of his normal appearance, his skin turning corpse grey and his features turning into a twisted parody of his normally fine features, his teen lengthedn like a rat’s and his fingers turn into twisted, grasping talons.

In this form he grows what appeared to be four, wing-like protrusions form his back, , each with a red ‘’branch’’ that appears as like a falling blood drop. He can extend this wings or flare them like a bird. His lower form is obscured with what looks like bloodied tentacles.

In this form he usually wears the same clothes as before.

Equipment: Serpino himself has the Staff of Razetop, a power blade-like staff he discovered in an ancient barrows tomb, Which amplifies and focuses his powers.

Bag of Holding: He also has the Bag of Holding, an invention of his that allows for multiple items to be stored in a small space. This takes the shape of a medium sized bag worn at Serpino’s side, but can store much more than it’s size suggests.

Circlet of the East: A circlet discovered in the tomb of a Lahiman king, it focuses and amplifies his power over undead.

Robe of shadows: A long, cloak like robe Serpino wears. This tunic writings with various shadowy appendages which surround Serpino’s form and reach out to entangle enemies who try to close with him. (Effectively a Nightshroud)

He also carries an enchanted dagger, but he rarely uses it.

Brief History: Before the Colleges of Magic the only wizards where unsanctioned, their where only those who where forced to develop their powers by themselves. Most went mad with power, or succumbed to daemonic posses, most ended up fodder for the mob or for With Hunters.

Not so Serpino.

Serpino Octavo, a scion of a wealthy noble family, one was of the few individuals who had enough self-restrain and intelligence to properly control his powers and not succumb to the short, brutal fates which awaited so many other Hedge Wizards.

His family disowned him when they discovered his abilities, but it mattered not, Serpino evaded the mobs and witch Hunters sent after him and he entered into a lucrative profession in one of the Mercenary companies.

The various Mercenary captains of Tilea and Estalia valued his services, and Serpino quickly grew rich and powerful. He also satisfied his tremendously sexual appetite for women as well. He even delved into the arts of science. He became a true resistance man. In all life was good for Serpino.

However that changed when his mercenary company soon received orders to guard an ancient tomb at the border between Tilea and the Border Princes. They where ambushed during the night as soon as they arrived.

Their attacker was a Necharch vampire whose name has long since been lost to history. Serpino was the only survivor of the attack, but he emerged not as a human, but as a vampire.

It is unknown what exactly happened, only Serpino and his sire know, and Serpino is not talking about it. Regardless he was soon pleased with his new form, not giving much thought to his former companions.

He was stronger, faster, more adept at magic, and immortal to boot. All it required was feasting on blood, which he readily did on the local peasants. To an amoral and selfish person like Serpino it was perfect.

However his pleasure soon turned to horror as his body began to change, becoming monstrous and wizened. His skin sloughed off, his hairs grew pointed and ragged, his fangs and nails grey and his body soon stank.

The curse of the Necharch bloodline took hold. Serpino, a man who prided his looks and beauty above all, was horrified, soon women where running away screaming from him

He resolved to reserve this, locking himself into his tombs and laboratories in an effort to reverse his side into a horrific form. He was unsuccessful in that. However he was able to create a human disguise by use of magical fleshcraft. This cloaked his true form and restored his former beauty.

He then revolved to become the perfect being, not only to restore his beauty fully, but to become the most powerful spellcaster and necromancer. To achieve perfect immortality that did end with a stake through the heart.

Personality: Serpino is a very flamboyant, very narcissistic and prone to making lewd comments about his enemies and allies. He himself is very smug and arrogant in his abilities as a wizard and scientist. He enjoys women.

In battle he is very cruel and sadistic with his enemies, often extending the battle as much as possible to gain the maximum about of suffering. He frequently uses this in his research.

When he is forced to assume his true form he grows bestial and hateful, often ranting and raving about the ugliness of his true form. This is the dark side to his imagine of a showboating young man.

Abilities:

Serpino is a highly intelligent scientist on magical theory and the engineering of the flesh. This allowed him to assume a human form, perhaps the only Necrarch that is able to do so.

Wizard: As a wizard he is very powerful and knowledgeable, (Easily Level 4 in game terms) his abilities are further augmented by various magical devices and inventions. He specializes in magical theory and magical technology, this has led him to many dealings with the Skaven.

He has mastered Fire, Death, Shadow and Gold in addition to Necromancy.

Serpino also specializes in a form of voodoo. As long as he has a piece of an enemy’s blood and flesh he can construct magical ‘’voodoo dolls’’. He can control someone with this doll, or break it apart and crush one’s internal organs.

Master Scientist and Inventor: Serpino is a brilliant scientist, his own immense mental abilities further increased by centuries of knowledge from sorcerers, scientist, and alchemists around the world.

This had led him the ability to make a variety of various magical items and devices to aid him in battle. He is a very capable inventor, with a list of inventions far too long to list here.

Such inventions include:

Observation Creature: Serpino had modified various animals, such as cats, bats and rats, with necromantic and technology, enabling them to transmit information to Serpino, Serpino usually modifies these animals to put them under his direct control. In essence it’s like watching a television feed directly to one’s mind.

Necromantic guns: created from various reverse-engineered skaven warplock pistols, these are powered by Dhar and used to fire ethier enchanted steel cults, or warpstone bullets. Serpino carries two on his bag, with enough ammunition. Each type is a repeater capable of four shots.

Healing Potion: again using a derivative of human blood, Serpino has created a powerful regenerative serum that can heal almost anything in seconds.

Magical Nullifier: Serpino has multiple devices ranging from handheld to the size of room capable of negating various types of magical winds.

Clones: Serpino has the ability to create necromantic constructs that minic his form. They are mindless and under the control of Serpino.
There are two types:

Blood Clones: Easily created in the field, they are essentially blood shaped into being by Necromancy, they are very weak and can be destroyed with a single strong blow, they are not much stronger than an average human and lack Seprino’s magic.

True Clones: these are Necromantic constructs surgically and magically altered to look just like Serpino, Serpino can control this from afar. This form is about as strong as a fairly new Thrall, and can use some of Serpino’s magic.

This type of clone can be controlled directly by Serpino in his coffin or by his circlet, he can effectively use this as another body. He has further modified these types into explosive variants and observational variants. Despite their name these as essentially heavily modified wights made to look human.

(Feel free to ‘’kill’’ Serpino several times and reveal it was just a clone)

Preparation: Not so much as an actual power but more like a fighting style, Serpino greatly prefers fighting set-piece battles, and studying his opponents beforehand and making devices and spells to counter them.

True Form: Serpino can access his true vampire form whenever he wishes, although he hates and despises his true from and refrains from using it whenever possible. This form is also involuntary accesses when he is exposed to sunlight.

Serpino had modified his true form many times over the centuries, combining it with necromancy. Most of these center around his own blood. He can shape his ‘’wings’’ into a mass of miniature stingers, and uses this to inject his blood into the enemy. From then on his blood flows through an opponent’s body and paralyzes and corrodes their internal organs. This is less effective against vampires due to their undead nature.

Serpino can also excrete blood clones.

Minions: Serpino maintains a large stable of necromantic creations that are created by himself. These range from twisted bone ogres to various orc wights. The only things these creations hold in common is that they are all totally loyal to Serpino and each has been modified so that they can be consumed by Serpino to regenerate his wounds in case he runs out of regenerative serum.

Weaknesses

Sunlight: although he has modified his body long ago to resist sunlight, his disguise will be brunt off by sunlight, revealing his true form.

Holy symbols: He is weakened and repelled by Holy symbols of Myrmidia, Tall, Rhya, Ulric and Sigmar.

Counting: Serpino is often distracted by certain types of sunflower seeds, this often sends him into an introspective trance, however woe betide to the one who disturbs him in such a trance.

Running Water: Serpino cannot cross running water unless by a bridge or suchlike.

Invitation: Serpino must be invited into private places, he cannot enter on his own.

Serpino himself is not weak to silver or magical weapons, his he long ago removed such weaknesses.

Irrational fear of clowns: Serpino has an incredible fear of clowns stemming form a long sago childhood incident.

Close combat: Serpino is weaker and less skilled than other vampires in close combat, although he is stronger and faster than any normal human.

Pride: Serpino is very prideful and arrogant of his own abilities, but he can get caught off guard easily.

Serpino’s Objectives in the TVC are as follws.

1. Retrieve the Von Carstein Ring for study
2. Sleep with all women in the Council
3. Steal any other interesting magical items and specimens
4. Prove his inherent superiority as a scientist
5. And finally achieve Perfection.

Count Erick

Wight King
Dec 28, 2008

Oh crap. I hated Szayel Aporro Granz with a passion. Mayuri Kurotsuchi FTW.
I really hope this guy is less bloody annoying than he was..... ;)

Gree

Master Vampire
True Blood
Dec 11, 2007
Somewere in Slyvania

Get_of_W said:
Count Erick said:
Oh crap. I hated Szayel Aporro Granz with a passion. Mayuri Kurotsuchi FTW.

This

Exactly the reason V'azrin was loosely based on the man!

I creates Seprino partially to make a counterpart to V'razin, and partially to play with a character so different from Mircea. I think you and I are going to have much fun having these two interact.

So no objections to is power level?

Gree

Master Vampire
True Blood
Dec 11, 2007
Somewere in Slyvania

Get_of_W said:
And to answer your question Gree na I personally have no problem :P

Excellent, I can already see a future involving drugs, cloning, voodoo and explosion. xD

Count Erick said:
So no objections to is power level?
As long as you dont take away our Bankai. :P

Rest assured, I will try to not pull out as much dickery as I can.

A silver nitrate gas should be enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu