Is this remotely doable? I really like the idea to be honest. Ghouls with a 5+ regen save. I've made a couple lists revolving around this strategy. You place a horde of ghouls down and stick a mortis engine on either side. You can then place whatever you want on the outside. I have looked at running units of crypt horrors on the outside.
Basically you have the ghouls who lock units into combat hopefully indefinitely. The ghouls shred through unarmored units especially if you take the staff of damnation with them. For armored stuff you have the 2 mortis engines using their reliquary ability and their banshee scream. A combat vamp in the unit of ghouls will help too. A vampire lord with the seed of rebirth is super great for this roll. Also for armored units you can take a bsb with the razor standard if desired.
I just want your input on whether you think this is viable. I'm loving the sound of it but I'm not quite certain. Thoughts?
Basically you have the ghouls who lock units into combat hopefully indefinitely. The ghouls shred through unarmored units especially if you take the staff of damnation with them. For armored stuff you have the 2 mortis engines using their reliquary ability and their banshee scream. A combat vamp in the unit of ghouls will help too. A vampire lord with the seed of rebirth is super great for this roll. Also for armored units you can take a bsb with the razor standard if desired.
I just want your input on whether you think this is viable. I'm loving the sound of it but I'm not quite certain. Thoughts?