• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Uga Bugs tale

uga bug

Black Knight
my log is progressing slowly...very slowly!
I went away for 10 days last week. Since then i have doen a little more painting, but not huge amounts.

The other problem i have at the moment is with actually getting the models for this pledge! I ordered a load of stuff from miniwargaminguk mid July-still haven't got it yet, and am not getting anywhere fast in my attempts to get it.
-because of this im continuing the work on my mantic elves :)

uga bug

Black Knight
Update at last!
...its only taken me what...3/4 weeks? :lol:

I finally got the order of orcs and goblins...assembling models is my least favourite part of the whole hobby, but i have at last got it all done. mass painting will begin soon!

Here are a few pictures of the elves i'ev got done so far, finished them a while ago just never got round to takign a picuture of them:

I'm not sure about the noble...the gold/bronze armour looks a little bland to me-I'd like to know if others think the same!

Nikos

Vampire Count
True Blood
I like the gold and would stick with it but maybe it could with some mithril silver highlights on the edges to make it pop. Nice work :thumbsup:

Capt Rubber Ducky

Vampire Count
True Blood
Elves look good but I would try to get another colour on to them as at the moment there is a lot of metal. What do you have planned for the bases? Keep up the good work.

uga bug

Black Knight
I included a single wash on the armour...cant remember what wash colour though...
The problem I have with painting is I have the ideas of what I would like the model to look like, just not the skill to actually do it!

I've begun work on the mage queen and giant cat thing. Both will be white, which should turn out ok with the amount of practice i'ev had at it! -and its not metallic white yay!

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
Hey uga check out the knight of the blazing sun we did if you like it Ill share with you how we did the armour. its in my prevampirism plog.

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Better yet, the WD for the release of the Blood Angels has a brilliant nmm gold tutorial.

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
I forgot about that white dwarf that is partailly where I stole my idea from so yes it would be far better. With the step by step pictures.

uga bug

Black Knight
Fear not. I am still about!

Finished the elf mage queen, cat and night goblins; will post pictures tomorrow. Compared to the elves the goblins are soo easy to paint, what with being primarily black and all!