• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Emicrania

Wight King
Mar 3, 2014
Gothenburg, Sweden
Am I the only one that dislikes the fluff of this End Times thing? If I would play HE I would be really pissed
Hell I have an DE army unused for some years and I feel disgusted by those alliance!

Melle

Sir Larpsalot, champion of larpers
True Blood
Apr 7, 2012
Sweden
I was thrilled up until khaine....i could even take the near annihilation of bretonnia ( first army, closest to heart)

But an elven legion and the storyline towards it....*shrug*

Last edited:
Reactions: Seneschal

GDD

Grave Guard
Jul 30, 2014
I haven't played warhammer for more than a few years, so I'm not as emotionally invested in the setting that other people have been playing for 30 years. I've still read almost all the army books, and a few black library books too, so it's safe to say I like the fluff.

That being said the fluff is what I enjoy the most about the end times, and I think it is awesome. To be fair I think the elfs had it coming. Malekith is "the most important" elf character. I still think he might die during the end times, but something extremely major was bound to happen to him. Ulthuan sinking is tragic just due to how awesome it was, but that unstable vortex of doom would be pointless if nothing bad was ever going to happen to it.

I personally think it's a good thing that these changes can be allowed to happen. As for HE and DE teaming up I think it was about time. They have "wanted" to be one nation, they just haven't been agreeing on who was going to be in charge :P I think it strengthens their character that they are actually able to look past past grievances, and finally be diplomatic about things. Even if the circumstances forced them to do it.

The one thing I didn't understand is why the WE bow to Malekith. I'm not done with reading Khaine yet though.

Emicrania

Wight King
Mar 3, 2014
Gothenburg, Sweden
I just played,twice battle of skul chasm,chapter 3
I exploded turn 1 first time,dimensional cascade.ok....
Second match I won turn 3 flying over everything.
We realised that,aside from having an army that shoot from every side ,because she have ONLY a COMBINED as of 6 ( -.- ), there is no other way to block a flying unit to fly over anything turn 3....
Shittiest wrote scenario ever.
Let's see what tomorrow brings....

Sception

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Sep 23, 2009
Is that the one with Neferata trying to get past goblins? If so, try homebrewing rules for her on a coven throne instead, and without her mortarch rule. None of the mortarchs should have their mortarch rules until after Nagash's return, and none of them should have their fancy mounts until they meet up with him and he consumes the dwarf god just before the invasion of Khemri.

Scenarios before Nagash's return should also use TK arkhan and not ET arkhan. I mean, there's a bit of cognative dissonance there when his spellcasting actually gets worse after his master's return, but it's no worse than the same happening with Mannfred.

Emicrania

Wight King
Mar 3, 2014
Gothenburg, Sweden
Is that the one with Neferata trying to get past goblins? If so, try homebrewing rules for her on a coven throne instead, and without her mortarch rule. None of the mortarchs should have their mortarch rules until after Nagash's return, and none of them should have their fancy mounts until they meet up with him and he consumes the dwarf god just before the invasion of Khemri.

Scenarios before Nagash's return should also use TK arkhan and not ET arkhan. I mean, there's a bit of cognative dissonance there when his spellcasting actually gets worse after his master's return, but it's no worse than the same happening with Mannfred.

is exactly as i felt after the second time, actually the first time properly ( dying of dimensional cascade turn 1 to summon 33 zombies is not a game...) but it reeeeeeeallllyy pisses me off needing to fix GW shitty work.
Plus,is insane she have no save whatsoever, 650 points of character naked is just ridicolous.

Sception

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Sep 23, 2009
I agree, but, you know, so it goes. If you give her a combined profile with the coven throne that should work out reasonably well. She'd pick up it's save that way, and have a fair number of wounds.

Actually, thinking again, the mortarchs shouldn't have their mounts until Nagash defeats Usirian even, so... not in any scenario in the campaign, really? Eh, whatev's.

Archamedius

Grave Guard
Jul 25, 2014
I agree, but, you know, so it goes. If you give her a combined profile with the coven throne that should work out reasonably well. She'd pick up it's save that way, and have a fair number of wounds.

Actually, thinking again, the mortarchs shouldn't have their mounts until Nagash defeats Usirian even, so... not in any scenario in the campaign, really? Eh, whatev's.

Story wise, Nefferata has her Dread Abyssal before they march on Nehekara. She has it at the battle against Khalida as she gives it temporarily to one of her coven to use (and subsequently betrays that vampiress with her mount when it leaves the vampiress to die in the fight).

So Nagash has the ability to create/summon the Dread Abyssals long before he fights Usirian.

Sception

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Sep 23, 2009
I know she does, but she shouldn't.

Much as I know Nagash does survive being run through with the destroyer of eternities, but he shouldn't.

Seneschal

Liche
True Blood
May 15, 2008
Apparently the lizardmen are leaving the planet in their pyramid space ships. It makes sense for it to happen considering Mazdamundi's words at the beginning of ET: Nagash that the Old Ones' plan failed although I hope it doesn't mean the army will be cycled out in 9th. Maybe some of them will elect to stay and colonize other parts of Lustria that weren't defiled?

Adam_Barrow

Sleepless Knight
True Blood
Dec 25, 2010
Nashville, TN
New word is the Vermin Lord will have options to build it for each of the major Clans. Eshin Vermin Lord, anybody? Also, he's supposed to be huge.

-edit-
image.jpg

Last edited:

Infernal Skull

Wight King
Apr 21, 2012
Aw, man! And I just threw all my Skaven in the garbage because they didn't get a new book this edition and I thought their army was getting scrapped! ;)

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Oct 30, 2009
Behind Darvy
Aw, man! And I just threw all my Skaven in the garbage because they didn't get a new book this edition and I thought their army was getting scrapped! ;)

There was no real reason to believe any army was getting scrapped, apart from wild and baseless speculation on the internet.

Count Vashra

Lord of Shadows
True Blood
Sep 29, 2013
New Zealand
Well, a number of other armies haven't been updated for several editions and are still existing (even if their being out of date makes them increasingly weaker as new books come out) so I doubt that means anything.

Yorga

Vampire Count
True Blood
Apr 7, 2011
The fluff for the Lizardmen does seem to indicate they are being written out of the Warhammer Universe. Just as it seems that Empire will swallow up Bretonnia. Who knows. The company bewilders me.o.o

Melle

True Blood
Apr 7, 2012
Sweden
Rules for the 5 builds.

All have Daemon, Daemon attacks, L4 Wizard, 5+ ward, Large Target, ItP, Scurry Away, Terror.

Warpseer has the Doom Glaive (multiple wounds d3) and Scry Orb, which grants +1 Ward or can be thrown to make a I test or die small blast.
Warp Lightning is known spell with rerolls.

Deciever is clan Eshin linked, has Warp Stiletto (AP, poison) and Doomstar (S user, 12" poisoned attacks, quick to fire, Arcing Death)
Skitterleap as known spell.

Corruptor- Pestilens linked. Plague Reaper pair- ASF rule.
Plague is known spell.

Warbringer- Warlord Clans. Doomglaive and punch dagger (Killing Blow + d3 wounds. Death Frenzy as known spell.

Lord Skreech- Doom Glaive (d3 wounds) and Plague Reaper (ASF) choose which to fight with at start of CC phase. Dreaded 13th is known spell.

"Each Verminlord is a reflection of one aspect of the personality and will of the Skaven's patron deity ..."

Warpseer: Represents the desire to manipulate and control the paths of the future.

Deceiver: The maestro of misdirection and deception ... this supernatural level of sneakiness reflects an aspect ... that appeals to all skaven

Corruptor: Embodies the black plague and bubonix spread far and wide by the ratmen of Clan Pestilens. (This is the only one that mentions a specific clan by name).

Warbringer: Embody the most warlike aspects of the Horned Rat ... found fighting alongside the Warlord Clans

Verminking: One who embodied each and every aspect of the Skaven. (The Horned Rat took the members of the Council of Thirteen that were in power when the Skaven defeated Nagash and "moulded them into something greater than they had individually been").

Melle

True Blood
Apr 7, 2012
Sweden
Spoiler:

Apparently Ikkit successfully manage to poison the halls of that Dwarf Slayer City.
- A massive Skaven army is laying siege to Karaz-a-Karak
- Skavens activate some kind of machine, causing a meteoric rain to annihilate Itza. It is said that the Slaans start the Exodus at that point.
- A massive fleet is spotted from the North. Archaon is finally making his move.

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Oct 30, 2009
Behind Darvy
Basically the vermin lords are-

Warpseer for Skyre/Gray Seers
Corruptor for Pestilens
Deceiver for Eshins/General Skaven Sneakyness
Warbringer for Warlord Clans/Moulder/general fightyness

El Syf

Vargheist
Dec 4, 2011
Eastbourne
So whilst I'm enjoying all the end times stuff so far and going to wait and see what 9th holds, is anyone else a bit worried the forces of order aren't going to get a book to themselves?
The next book is rumoured to be Archaon, making Khaine the nearest the forces of order have got to their own book!
I now only collect VC/UL but my brother is a dwarf player and they are not too happy with how the end times is panning out.

michael

Zombie
Jul 14, 2014
I'm gana say I'm a big fan of G.RR.Martain's way of writing; no one being safe and creating heart ache is good entertainment!
So from that point the end of times stuff has been fun in my mind. I'm also a big believer in adapt of die (or adapt or cry it would seem from many peoples comments regarding change)
My fist game playing the latest rules I found the magic slowed the game up, I had soooo many spells I could cast and sooo many dice. but it was still fun and differnt
But ill tell you what, it really does make everything expendable, with that much magic flying about it really does back up the fluff in the sense that nothing on the table is safe!

My money is GW using the end of times as just that. The end of how we know fantasy. and they will shake it up from the ground up. The disconcerting factor is the main drive is probably sales. However all that been said who cares, what's the point in crying over something that hasn't happened yet. I know my mates and I will just play 8th edition if 9th sucks. And we also use end of times as a supplement. so we can play games before end of times or during. really spices it up and means we can have supper different games. I'm liking the spice end of times has thrown in there and I'm loving the anticipation of "whats next?". But hey the beauty is I can just play a vanilla 8th edition game if I want, no need for spice in every meal if I don't want it.
Plus I am loving the shit out of the new models that are coming out! I swear my wallet screams in anticipatory pain every time I log on to GW and see the new wicked models.

Emicrania

Wight King
Mar 3, 2014
Gothenburg, Sweden
I tried ET book 3 magic last week..... My friend had something like 21 dices ( a lucky roll and some more dices from signature form lore of death) and attempted to cast what I belive was caress or bunja 9 times. 9. Times.
I wouldn't call that spice,I call that Methammer...

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu