Vampire Counts Inspiration Thread

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!
I really like the army up above. The lack of bright colours really makes it look like an army that is dead and cares little about how it looks.
 
Who says it all has to be actual wfb stuff?
m2140392a_Blog050112_8_XL.jpg

m2140399a_Blog050112_11_XL.jpg
 
I found an entire site that's just full of freak'n awesome commission work. http://minimonsters.eu/


Out of control sickness

aminimonsters.eu_Gallery_VampireDragonConversion.webp
 
I liked that paintjob on the Vargheists as well Sanai. Deffinitely trounces the eavy metal effort. :)
 
Sanai said:
Okay, that is the best use of the corpse cart brazier I have ever seen.

I don't really.. get it.. Why is it have fire hanging below it's neck :ghost: Are we trying to cook the dragon?:zombie:

Duke Danse Macabre said:
Saw it at the time and to be honest.
I don't like it.
The green is too in your face and eye cancer inducing to really look good in my opinion.

I agree with this statement; I am very much appose to the look of the 'Spirit Host' being a solid colour besides, I just can't really accept that :ghost:
 
Thought we might like these! Found them while doing ,y daily browse on CMON.

First to kick off with some great uses for the Spirit host carrying the Coven Throne/Mortis Engine.

acoolminiornot.com_pics_pics16_img4f29941b60590.webp

acoolminiornot.com_pics_pics16_img4f2994e435796.webp

Painted by Dargo000


Secondly we have a really cool standard bearer of Khemri.

acoolminiornot.com_pics_pics15_img4e4194295accc.webp

Painted by derwish


Enjoy!

u_m
 
untitled_musketeer said:
Not too shabby huh? :perv:

I thought this was suppose to be inspirational, that just gives me a strong sense of despair :ghost:

Sweet heavens, I hardly even noticed there was a model holding that banner xP
 
Good lord that is some nice spirit hosting, and personally I like the striking green of that mortis engines spirit host- also, I dont see why people think the shields/armour etc of mortis engine spirit hordes have to be painted to be physical. A spirits clothing and arms would usually be just as ethereal as the spirit itself.
*imagines a spirit horde flying through a wall, then you hear a clattering of metal as all of their armour hits the wall and the poor spirits come out the other side naked*

As for that Tomb King BSB..... that is amazing. I hope that took a goddamn long time to paint!
 
Sanai said:
Good lord that is some nice spirit hosting, and personally I like the striking green of that mortis engines spirit host- also, I dont see why people think the shields/armour etc of mortis engine spirit hordes have to be painted to be physical. A spirits clothing and arms would usually be just as ethereal as the spirit itself.
*imagines a spirit horde flying through a wall, then you hear a clattering of metal as all of their armour hits the wall and the poor spirits come out the other side naked*

As for that Tomb King BSB..... that is amazing. I hope that took a goddamn long time to paint!

The image of the naked ghost made me chuckle. I agree with you though, I always imagine any armor or weapons that the spirit hosts have to also be ethereal.

As for that banner...:O...Love the paint job of the model as well, but still don't like the actual sculpt of it.
 
I dont mind the whole open mouthed silent screaming mummy imagery, but ever since the tomb kings sculptors/artists watched the mummy its been a bit overdone.
 
That last one, the banshee? The only thing that would have made that model better is if they hadn't just 'attached' her to the branch, and instead put her model through it, like she was floating through it, then it would be amazing.

Also, that Wraith King? Jesus, that guy C'Tan, everything he paints and puts on eBay is godawful amazing. I showed my friend that model yesterday and he was shocked it only sold for around 80$~ and said I should have bought it, and he would have paid for half of it :ghost:

Also, that Blue-ish tinted BSB Weight, I was confused if they were trying to do OSL, or if it was something else, but I feel like maybe they were trying for a 'Moon-lit' night feel, with the cool-blue reflection off everything? Pretty impressive though, although I would hate to do 'Nice' free hand, but the picture I paint to be disproportionate? As in if I painted a face and it didn't look right, because I just am not an artist, and don't do that kinda thing lol :pumpkin:

Pretty sweet stuff, sept for that one with rather poor picture quality, I can't really tell much about that one :ghost:
 
sweet jesus, that last set of pics just horrified me... especially that BSB and the GG shield portraits!

Though that banshee has lifted my spirits (oh god... what a pun), really love the red/white checks combined with the blue fade... really need to get a spray gun >.>
 
So when do we rename the thread as "come look at the stuff that is more beautiful then anything you can hope to accomplish" ^_^. I love this thread though, love seeing and being amazed at what other people can do with such small minis.
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu