• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Vandurian

Skeleton
Apr 26, 2010
Dunno the exact list of models yet so its going to be a little sketchy at the start, however the first month(section) is 4 converted Blood Knights.

The total list to date:
4 Blood Knights
20 Ghouls
1 Aristocratic Vampire (Slight Conversion)
Edit: Pics!

The Aristocratic Vampire
DSCI0126.jpg

A lousy image of ghouls on sprue
DSCI0133.jpg

The Blood Knight bitz
DSCI0131.jpg

Onikaigo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
May 17, 2008
Germany
I like it! Blood Knights, even though I don't field them, are always fun to see painted.

The Tale is a Go! Get your brush moving, and good luck to you!

uga bug

Black Knight
Jan 3, 2010
Your blood knight conversion looks like it will be good. -what pieces are you using to make it?

Vandurian

Skeleton
Apr 26, 2010
The Blood Knights are;
Head: Wood Elf Glade Guard
Torso and Legs: Cold One Riders
Arms: Empire Knights
Horses: Empire Knights
Shields: Vampire Counts
And a little green stuff as filler.

Ive got some time today and will try to get some WIP pics up as soon as I get some more glue. I wanted to theme the army colors based on the knights so they ended up being the first to get painted.

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
Jun 6, 2010
Wyoming
So simple when you tell the parts. But it takes imagination and a picture in ones head to come up with it. I look forward to seeing what color they end up and how this all grows into a full army.

Bishop

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Feb 5, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Disciple of Nagash said:
Oooh more converted Blood Knights. Am I the only one doing the GW ones? Anyway looks good and best of luck.

Perhaps... is the rumour true?? Did GW actually cast those in gold? :innocent:

Vandurian

Skeleton
Apr 26, 2010
I got some glue and even better some updated pics:

The assembled knights so far
DSCI0141.jpg

DSCI0140.jpg

DSCI0139.jpg

Kastellan
DSCI0142.jpg

Standard Bearer
DSCI0147.jpg

Musician
DSCI0144.jpg

Still working out the color scheme but I like how the models are progressing and looking forward to getting them done:)

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
Jun 6, 2010
Wyoming
They are looking awsome but one question are ya gonna leave em headless? or ya getting to that. only curious they look great otherwise.

Vandurian

Skeleton
Apr 26, 2010
lol yeah they will get heads just want to get some paint on them first, the collers are a little in the way if I dont.

Boo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
Feb 13, 2008
The far north, near northrend
The blood knights are looking ace so far. But I think I can see some of the horrible mold-lines that all GW models come with on the horses legs. You should get those sorted out before painting them, the effort is worth it when you get some paint on. :)

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Ooh yes, make sure those mold lines are removed. The conversion look ok at the mo, though I assume it is the head that will make them look really like vampires?

Carlisle

Zombie
Aug 4, 2010
Just got a great idea for a special character: THE HEADLESS HORSEMAN!!! Defs special rule being Killing Blow and throwing pumpkins (counts as a throwing axe, flaming attack)

Other than that i like the blood knights. IMO id say add a bit more "evil" to the horses but you dont have to, they look badass as it is. good job.

Vandurian

Skeleton
Apr 26, 2010
Thanks and good luck with the "Holloween Decapitated" Hero!:devil2:

The Horses and Champion are mostly done still working on the others
DSCI0151.jpg

DSCI0150.jpg

Sorry about the lousy images but I dint get a chance to use my usual setup, Ill try to get some that are more reasonable up tomm. And yes I know the heads are still missing:slapface:

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
Jun 6, 2010
Wyoming
Darn it I was going to say your headless horsemen looks better then mine. A wonderful start on the blood knights I love the colors you used. A bright red that really catches the eyes. Looking forward to more.

Nikos

Vampire Count
True Blood
Feb 26, 2010
Plymouth
Those knights are looking really nice already, cant wait to see them finished. Good work :thumbsup:

Vandurian

Skeleton
Apr 26, 2010
Thanks guysxD Ive been a little busy yesterday and then today I will be playing more warhammer than painting it so ill get some more stuff up this weekend:thumbsup:

Vandurian

Skeleton
Apr 26, 2010
New pics? blink* blink* Uh sort of... I got a really cool idea for a paint scheme and it got through my testing regime so the red might.. not be red much longero.o Also classes started up for me so my schedule just got buried, will see what I can do though.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu