VAU: The Tale of Ivana Hoompalotte - Game Thread

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!
Status
Not open for further replies.
(to Frederick)
"And you suspect the same of Gurter, good friend? Are you saying that Gurter might turn out to be one of these monsters that you've seen?"

He looks at the werewolf priest, and back to Frederick with solemn eyes. "If he is indeed this wolf vampire hybrid, he could be the end of us all."
 
To Frederick
"I understand condemnation through my blessing's form, but what brings you to the conclusion I am such an unholy hybrid? I am not feral. I could comprehend an argument that I were a vampire working hidden magics, but believe me, if I were as feral as you witnessed I would have no control over my form, let alone my temper or even coherant speech."
 
Frederick looked up from his arms, tears streaming his face.
to Gurter
"vampirism works in mysterious ways. Take the varghulf. Some vampires cannot stop themselves reverting to their feral form, others choose to; others can control the urge easier than a man can control his hand."
 
To Abel "My noble friend your words do hold weight. We are all dangerous and if it is true that Gurter can control his beast than I see no reason to help condemn him..." Erik looked around the room "I will not help kill this man, my friend who has suffered so much. We are caught up in hunting a werewolf that we forget to look for a vampire. This man" Erik pointed at Gurter "Is not what we seek and I will not send him to his death."

Then rounding on Kristof "If you lay a hand on my friends I will show you how to truly use that hammer priest"

Unvote Gurter
Vote Change: Abstain
 
*To Abel*

"Abel, I applaud your reasoning. It is as I said earlier, there is little good condemning a man before there is evidence ... We could end up making our own position so much more precarious!"
 
Carlos was not a talkative man. Also, the travel to this (damned) meeting had him exhausted, both physically and mentally. That's why he decided to listen to what the people had to say.

But now, his lips were growing heavier and heavier... and he started to nap, even while standing.

All of this made no sense. His mind was not working as normal. Had it been the wine? He didn't remember drinking any...

He wanted to unravel this mistery, this horrible scene, to figure out what was going on... who were the wolves and who the sheep. But as tired as he was, this was going to be difficult for today.

Exhaustion and stress totally overwhelmed Carlos' strength and he ended up falling and hitting his head hard on the floor. At least he was going to... "sleep" even as if he didn't want to.

Vote: Abstain (due to being unconscious by the smack... ;) )
 
(looking at the whole group before him)
"I guess we are in agreement, Gurter will transform into his other self and we'll see then if he holds the keys to help us or hurt us. I simply pray that he is who he says he is. Otherwise this gamble means nothing in the long run and we condemn ourselves to death THAT much quicker."

He finally took a seat by the others, and stared warily over to the soon-to-be werewolf Gurter.
 
"Werewolves! and Vampires!"

The overweight Lorenzo exclaimed. He paused a moment to chug back his flask, which he promptly refilled.

"Next we will be worried about mummies, or deamons, or ... "

*blurp*

"Screw this, I'm going to my room to count my gold..."

Lorenzo headed off in the direction of the sleeping quarters.

"... before some damned leprechauns show up to steal it back." his voice trailed off as he left the room.
 
One word of caution; I am afraid I know little, if anything about were-creatures, having never encountered them up to this point, or even read of them; and what I have heard is mere folklore. However, I know with certainty that the von Carsteins are well-known for their ability to transform into wolves at a whim. Hence why one rarely sees their bloodline in especially heavy armour. In general terms, this is used simply to keep pace with their Dire Wolf packs without the use of a horse. However, the important thing here is that it is most definitely an example of a vampire with the power to turn into a wolf, a magical transformation, of course, but nevertheless a lupine transmogrification, you say indistinguishable from your own supposed non-magical one.
 
To Gurter/Group

"Revealing your nature, was either incredibly foolish, cunning...or noble?" said Wilhelmina quietly "Don't get me wrong, i'm not condemming you, but surely you must have realised that such a revelation would unsettle people and put you in a position of danger? Or maybe its a cunning ruse, deliberately sticking your head above the parapet to make people think you are not the vampire. Or maybe it is as you say and you are warning us now to prevent great shock and calamity when the change happens?"

"I really don't know what to make of it all" she said before imbibing from her wine glass again.
 
*To Isaac*
'We most certainly are not in agreement!' Rounding on Gurter 'If you transform here, beast, then I may have to put you down myself in order to protect those innocent here.'
*To Erik*
'I do not wish to harm any human present here, however if you befriend any beast such as this' He says indicating Gurter 'Then I may be forced to deal with them. If you wish to fight me for protecting you then I seriously question your judgement.'
 
To all
"I could transform now if I wished, but I would be struck down by the priest here. Suffice to say I would rather die later, once I am fully composed."
To Tuomas
"It is true that there are vampires who use their vampiric magics to transform, and Ulric's priesthood try to hunt them down for using such a holy beast for such unholy purposes."
To Erik
"Thank you for your gesture, but with three votes from a hunch, a suspicion and an ignorant hatred, I do not feel likely to survive. The light is dimming, and I feel that tonight may well be my last."
To Fyodor, Priest of Morr
"Can I trust you, once this is finished, to send my spirit to Morr? I am still human, despite what some people seem to think, and as such my spirit will need guidance."
 
Dr. von Ungeheuer pours himself another glass of brandy before speaking. "While I have my suspicions, I don't feel confident enough in them to vote for anyone's death as of yet."

Vote: Abstain
 
"For what its worth, I am sure Gurter is innocent" said Wilhelmina, her voice twinged with sorrow "I have left it to late in the day to cast a vote that would have any true meaning, although I do have two I regard with suspicion. If I or they survive the night, I will air my thoughts tomorrow. Goodnight"

Vote: Abstain
 
Isaac glares at Kristof, eyes full of disappointment at Kristof's actions.
"You'd rather kill him now, rather than give him his chance to save over twenty lives...I understand that he might be dangerous, but we have to pick the lesser of two evils here. Should he be able to master this curse, he could aid us in our flight away from this wretched place."

His voice softened, almost to a whisper. "And who's to say that we could not just deliver him to justice later, after he has fulfilled this purpose and is no longer a threat?"
 
*To Isaac*

"I must disagree here, good sir ... I do not think he can ever be consider as 'no longer a threat' ... "
 
Turning to Alessandro, once again differing on opinions.

"So you'd rather kill him now, rather than let him try to help us? Does that make ANY moral sense?"
 
*To Isaac*
'You speak as if he is as trustworthy as he claims to be. Whats to say he wont transform and slaughter us all in the night. You are speaking in a very impressionable way and I would advise less ready acceptance of peoples stories.'
He takes a seat at the table and begins to eat some of the now cold meats, constantly glancing up at Gurter.
*To nobody in particular*
'I shall maintain a watch over this creature until he has been silenced.'
 
*To Isaac*

"I never said he should be put to death now, merely that someone such as he can never, truly, be seen as safe to humans, in my opinion! Do you disagree with me? For what is to say you are not in league with him, and ...
"No, that starts into accusations, and I shall make none tonight! I apologise for that, Isaac" he ended, with a slight bow of the head.

*To Kristof*

"Just as you claim Isaac should not be so quick to trust Gurter, now I shall not be so quick to trust you ... I will also watch over Gurter ... Any who wish to join me would be more than welcome, for I would not like to face him," he nodded at Gurter, "or any vampires by myself, even with steel in my hand!"
 
Frederick wiped the tears from his face, a look of dark determination replacin the despair.
to everyone listening
"Even if he tells the truth, and he will try to use his alternate form to help us escape, his transformation will be the doom of us all. Unlike a man's mind, the mind of a wolf, whatever claims of human semblance it has, is very impressionable, and will easily fall under the control of our dread hostess. I think you misunderestimate our hostess and her minions."
 
*To Frederick*

"And I think you may be slightly underestimating us ... Even unintentionally so. We will not let ourselves be manipulated into letting Lady Ivana use him to kill us,"
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu