VAU: The Tale of Ivana Hoompalotte - Game Thread

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!
Status
Not open for further replies.
(To Cristof)

"Would you mind sharing with us who in your opininion would be those most suspicious? Lorenzo for example has scarcely spoken or done anything constructive for the past few days and Kristof is nowhere to be found."
 
Kristof is my main concern but at the same time I am tentative.
I don't want to condemn a man without hearing his words but he has been strangely absent so I fear that either something is amiss like with our dwarf friend.

*Sighing deeply*
I'm sorry but I'm still having trouble dealing with voting for that man before.... Standing in ranks sh*ting yourself is a holiday compared to this god awful place.
 
"I think there's two points we should consider if voting for Kristof: one is that if he is already dead, will our vote go to waste then if the vote has no impact as he's dead already? The second point is that is it actually a good thing if we get to breathe a little and gather our thoughts for another day and vote him as the 'safe' vote, assuming he is already dead?"
 
Ysolda stumbles out of her room, face pale and her hair not as immaculate as it always was before. She nervously wrubs her hands together and looks ready to jump at the slightest movement.

"Please forgive my earlier absence I didn't feel well. I overheard something about Kristof and Lorenzo being under scrutiny?
I must say the thought of him as a safe vote appeals to me, however awful that must sound."
 
*To Ysolda*

"If he is indeed already dead, then voting for him would be an unfortunate waste of our resources. However, if we instead vote to kill another, and he or she turns out to be human, we are set back even further. It seems that every choice we make comes with a cost, and every tool we have is a double-edged sword. Would a killer quietly wait in the shadows, trying to stay out of the public's eye? Or would he enthusiastically approach conversation so as to make himself less suspicious than the silent ones? I fear that there is no clear correct answer."
 
(To Duality and Allessandro)
"Remember that even if he isn't a vampire, Alessandro, we can't condemn him yet. Do not forget how we sent Gurter to his death simply because he was different..."
Isaac looks away for a moment.
"He might still be here if we didn't judge him so quickly. As for Duality, yes he does frighten me because of what COULD be locked inside his soul, but it has yet to directly harm any of us...Minus the vote that he rashly put on my head, which I would ask you to put me on the gallows for a better reason than just chance."
Pausing, Isaac takes out a hidden pistol from his jacket.
"If we want to take chances on guessing who the vampire is, why not just shoot the pistol at our own heads and if it goes off then that person is clearly the culprit." He mocked Duality's gesture.
 
(sorry for double post)
Turning from the others to the Masque, Isaac gives his thoughts on her idea.
"I must agree that every path is both good and bad to us now. At first, I always suspected the ones pointing their fingers would be vampires, except I suspected Erik to be a demon for awhile and when he was murdered, I lost all of my possible trails. Erik was the master of getting people to talk and discuss so we could root out a possible problem guest...and now he's been proven to have been human."
He pauses, clearing his throat.
"Now perhaps the demons are changing their strategy to staying in the shadows and letting us humans do all of the condemning for them. I'd take a guess and say that it's working for them since we haven't caught one of the bastards in quite some time. I say we should pay more attention to those who talk less than others."
 
"I agree that I fear voting for Kristof would be a waste if he were already dead. My other fear regarding him is that he has the favor of our hostess and she overlooks his absence. If he doesn't show again by dusk, I'd be willing to change my vote if another one of us could be seriously considered. Then if he did show at the last minute, it'd simply add to the considerable list of suspicious behavior that he has exhibited."
 
(To Isaac)
"I must confess to you, that this stress does not get the best out of me and at times I act somewhat erratically. Luckily there's still time to set things straight. My eyes are fixed on Lorenzo, hopefully he'll come forward and say something in his defense before this evening's vote."

Vote Withdrawn - Isaac Markov - Nelganis
 
*To Duality*
"Your attitude is erratic, creature." Carlos said with a shade of disdain in his voice.

*To the Masque*
"I would say that voting against Kristof would be a good idea for those who have not yet made up their minds... Not like our fellow the doctor..." He glared at Dr. Viktor "who seems very calm, even when yesterday he was about to die..."

His cold eyes were fixed on the doctor, but his voice was not addressed at him but at the rest of the people gathered:
"Let us remember, people, that Wilhelmina did vote against him, together with Ysolda. What do you have to say about that?". He stared at the Doctor for a bit more and then eyed Ysolda.
 
Ysolda turns towards Carlos.
"I did indeed vote for the doctor because Wilhelmina made a good case but I must confess I would now not vote for him again. I might have acted too rashly...
So far I haven't voted for anyone at all and I felt really bad for simply adding my vote this time. I agree that doing nothing is as damning as voting on a whim. I hope you all understand this is terribly difficult for me and I am at a loss as to how to act properly.
And yes the vote for Kristof could be a waste of he turns up being dead...ugh! This is all so terribly frustrating! The Masque speaks the truth of it; what course to take?!"

She looks at the others, her face turning red when her eyes cross those of von Ungeheuer.
 
Stumbling wearily from his room, Kristof slowly trudges down into the main hall. His head held low and arms hanging aimlessly at his sides, all of the previous grandeur he held himself with is gone. He walks in and takes a seat at the table. Picking up a glass he fills it right to the top with red wine before drinking half of it in one long swig. His face is fraught with despair and his eyes are red and swollen.

'It cannot be done. What's the point...' he mumbles dejectedly into his glass, before draining the rest of it then filling it up once more.
 
The Masque flinched slightly as Kristof quickly drained his wine goblet. Speaking to the visibly distraught man, she put it as delicately as she could:

"Kristof...I think you should look at the note on the table before you take another sip of the wine. There's been a rather...unsavory ingredient added to the wine barrels by our host."
 
(To Carlos) "Yes, I was voted against and it was only luck that spared me from the fate that Wilhelmina suffered. However, I refuse to dwell on it since we are all as good as dead anyway if we don't discover who here is one of the Undead. The reason given for the votes against me, both by Wilhelmina and Kristof, has been that I stir up trouble. An interesting, if closed-minded, way if thinking since my intentions have been to simply discuss who has roused the suspicions of the group. I see that as the only way to deduce who may be a vampire. Either that or we can all cast our votes wihout any hint of reason and see where that will get us."

(To Kristof) "Good of you to join us. Perhaps you'd like to explain where you've been? I will admit that your absence has roused my suspicions. Combined with my opinions of your previous behavior, you should know that I have voted against you."
 
Taking in what the Masque had said, Kristof read the note. Disgust mixing with the distress on his face he retches then throws the glass across the room to smash against the wall. 'Why does she taunt us so, why not just be done with us.' He says morosely, almost whimpering.

Hearing what Dr Viktor says, Kristof shakes his head. 'I couldn't care less about what you say fiend, your words are fetid poison deigned to corrupt the hearts of men. The very fact that you yet survive is proof to your ability-but if my words still have any meaning in this place then I shall add my voice against yours.' His voice regains some of its booming composure towards the end of his speaking, but once he finishes he slumps back into his depressed staring. 'As for where I've been. I have been desperatly praying for guidance from Sigmar, but he has forsaken me.' He lets out a great cry of despair 'He has forsaken us all!' With that he slumps over the table and sobs into his hands, crying quietly as if trying to hold in his tears

Vote: Dr. Viktor von Ungeheuer
 
"Yes, I can certainly see where I could be considered one of these fiends," sneers Dr. von Ungeheuer to Kristof. "Who else but one of these monsters would want to intelligently discuss who has shown traits that would lead us to believe someone was a vampire. Surely not someone who wants to get out of this situation alive, as unlikely as it may be. Of course, I've been hiding away for the better part of the past couple of days...no, wait, that's you. But, I have rationalized my reasons for voting against those I did, even if I did end up being wrong. That's more than I can say about you, priest. You vote against me because I state my opinions of others. If my arguments make sense and others agree with me, then certainly I must be one of the damned.

"You claim Sigmar has forsaken you. Funny, you claimed to hear him just fine when it came to voting against that 'abomination,' Gurter. I still believe you saw his affliction as a threat and wished to deal with him before he dealt with you.

"Go ahead and vote against me, priest, and when that monster kills me, my blood can be on your hands. Perhaps then you will look a bit deeper at who you cast your vote for."


The doctor pours himself another brandy and wipes the sweat from his brow that has formed during his speech. He downs tba alcohol while still glaring at Kristof.
 
"The hour grows late and again most of us stay quiet. One of us has been way too quiet to my liking, though. Lorenzo doesn't seem too concerned on anything happening around him and likes to stay in the shadows, so we wouldn't take notice of him. I will vote against him, now that Kristof has joined us again."

Vote - Lorenzo Moreitto - Bishop
 
Looking at Kristof
"You do realize that many of us have pondered your whereabouts as of late...For you to come down here, looking like crap, drink the blood wine, and NOT NOTICE anything wrong with it until we point it out to you...And on top of that, you immediately target the Doctor as an enemy when he's been here the whole time helping us to try and figure this all out. So in other words, you're screwing yourself here Kristof."
 
"Wow, what a hand over" Lorenzo stated, looking worse that he has in some days now, which says a lot since he is not the most well-groomed to start with.

"The hour does grow late.. and so many have died this day."

"Take this not as a retaliation vote. Due to the chaotic nature of Duality casting and withdrawing votes I must cast my vote against thee."

Vote - Duality
 
Lifting his head to look at Isaac Kristof speaks slowly, trying to steady his voice.

'I vote for the doctor because several days ago I witnessed him manipulate a situation so that one man became subject to suspicion, but never entering such a position himself. He made a minor suggestion to cast doubt upon him, and once somebody else picked up on his urging, then he viciously laid into the man. He felt safe behind the form of Allessandro. The Dr then instantly shifted his attention to me once I voted for him, but fortunately once he had stopped whispering in the ears of others, they voted for a different man and a vampire was put to death.'

Now he is calm once again and shows no sign of bursting into tears once more.

'The reason I retreated to seek guidance was the fact that I had played my hand and now was under the gaze of this beast, I was fearful that he would manipulate others into their murder of me. However my prayers have turned up nothing, so I must trust in the wisdom of others to see through his guise.'

Kristof now looks about to the others with sadness.

'I see now just how few are left. Tell me, what happened yesterday. Was a vampire found, and more importantly did Dr. Viktor vote for an innocent as he has whenever he has opened his wretched mouth.'
 
"Actually, Kristof, if you will recall, I didn't vote against you when you cast your vote against me. I believed, at that time, that Erik was a more likely candidate and I stuck by my suspicions. Yes, I was wrong, but that doesn't mean that my theory was groundless or that my suspicions were stated to manipulate others. I stated my thoughts, expanded upon them, and voted accordingly. I did not exert myself trying to sway others to my way of thinking. Much like my view of your behavior, I stated what I have seen, why I think it makes you a likely vampire, and voted accordingly. I would have voted against you yesterday if I hadn't inadvertently dozed off and slept through the vote. I decided I'd make up for that mistake today and voted against you early this morning. As you would have known had you graced us with your pious presence before this afternoon. Vote against me because I choose to have conversations about whom I suspect if you wish, priest. How then, do you suggest the group determines who is and is not one of these monsters?"
 
Carlos stared quietly at Kristof, his sudden appearance, after the recent events, intrigued him.

"I have to admit that I agree with Isaac's reasoning, Kristof. You have to understand this.

Vote: Kristof - Chaos_Born
 
'Vote for me if you wish, I didn't expect to survive with Sigamar's aid blocked from me. But when I prove to be human and you know my words are not false, please honor my last wish.' He looked venomously at Dr. Viktor and pointed unwaveringly. 'Vote for this beast that he may be destroyed!'
 
(To Kristof)

"We both share two votes now. If I would like to make sure that I would survive I could change my vote yet again and vote for you. But that is not something I'm willing to do now. I voted for Lorenzo after my initial panic after last night had subsided and I will not go changing that vote anymore. Many of us are still quiet when it comes to voting and that saddens me. I'm starting to see that the chances for survival are really slim.

Well, the last laugh is always reserved for the reaper. I believe I make quite a bounty for him as he'll get three souls with one swing."
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu