*To duality*
"Yet the second vote against someone can only be placed after the first ... The blood is on the hands of both!" Alessandro replied. He sighed, clearly exasperated with the situation, before turning to Wilhelmina as she spoke.
*To Wilhelmina*
"Well, as for my life story, it was relatively simple until ... Last year, or there abouts.
"I grew up in Averland, with my mother and her second husband. My mother always told me he was not my father, but she'd never tell me why he wasn't there. He was a good man, to my mother, but I always felt he resented my presence. See, it was my grandfather's wish that everything went to me, his first grandchild, when he ... Passed on into Morr's Gardens. Yes, we were wealthy ... But we were generous to those who worked for us.
"Anyway, last year, when I turned sixteen, my mother finally told me why my father had been absent all my life - he was dead. The year I was born, he was summoned to the court of Baron Hugo von Hardon. It turned out he'd been accused of ... Of being a vampire, an evil, undead, blood-sucking fiend. Within days, he was dead ... Skinned by the beasts he was trapped with, and proved human ... But still dead. My mother received his body and said she'd wept for nearly a week before the tears ran out.
"Anyway, after that I started acting more ... Rashly, than before, and so was sent to Estalia, where my father had originated from, before imposing a self-exile on himself," Alessandro sighed and drank deeply from a pitcher of passion fruit juice that he had just found. "Well, I went to see my other grandfather, and my uncles and aunts, and truly enjoyed myself, learning the ways of the diestro, but ... I found myself longing to hunt the creatures that preyed on my father. I did find the trail of a particularly sadistic female before being invited here, but that was the closest I got ... It does lead me to wonder why the Lady Ivana truly is ..." Sighing again, he drank yet more and laid his sword flat on the table.
"Now, could you forgive me being so discourteous as to ask for your story?"