VAU: The Tale of Ivana Hoompalotte - Game Thread

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!
Status
Not open for further replies.
To Christof
"You dont need to elaborate on your reasoning" shrugged Wilhelmina "You at least explained yourself when you cast your vote. I fear that there is wolf hiding among the flock of sheep that eagerly followed you. It is done now anyway, if he is a vampire, and we survive till tomorrow, I will apologise to all. Goodnight."
 
Alessandro had returned from the privy and spent the time he spent in the hall recovering, though he stayed away from the body parts as much as possible. He groaned when all the voting and accusations started flowing.

"I disagree that there is proof enough to vote for anyone, and so I again abstain. I do hope you will all feel sincerely guilty if it turns out this man - if that is what he is - is innocent. Until then, though, I shall not condone any voting!"

VOTE: ABSTAIN
 
Frederick slowly placed the dripping kidney with the other organs. He threw a look at Wilhelmina.
"You complain about others offering little reason, yet you offer none whatsoever. You stand upon a slippery slope."
Frederick looked thoughtful.
"Whether I vote or not, it will make no difference, such has the tide swayed."

vote: Abstain

"Still, I think it would be pertinent to search this man's room"

Search: Bedroom - Bottumsup Threeflower
 
Ysolda storms out of her room pale-faced, holding something in a napkin that looks like a big organ. She quickly disposes of it on the table and shudders.

She listens to the conversation taking place and nods in agreement with Christof as he explains his reasoning behind his vote.

"I understand Wilhelmina's indignation and Alessandro's unwillingness to vote but I am certain there are indeed monsters amongst us. I cannot condemn anyone here without good cause myself an so far I haven't seen any but Christof makes sense.
Just think about it; how could anyone remain so calm during all of this? At first I mistook him to be naive but there's something...strange about him.
I'm just glad others are stronger than I am and are able to vote. Just the small chance I might be wrong is too much to bear."

Vote: abstain
 
'I believe the man you now vote for is innocent, but my voting for whom I truly believe to be vampiric would be for nothing, it would merely reveal my suspicions and allow him... or perhaps her to forge evidence against it.'

Vote: Abstain
 
[mod]

End of Day 2 (apologies for the delay.

Results of the final search:


Tapestry - an endless cemetery: Nothing
Curtains covering the main windows – Left: On the floor, a raw bloody liver.
Ancestor Painting 1: Nothing
Bottomsup Threeflower – Bedroom: Nothing
Curtains covering main window right: Dangling from the curtain pole, the large intestine.
Carlos Rey (my own) chambers: Nothing
Ancestor Paintings 5: Nothing
Ancestor painting 3: Nothing
?? Bedroom: Nothing
BEDROOM-GABRIEL LINDERGAARD: The heart is lying under the bed, with bite marks clearly shown.
Ancestor painting – 2: Nothing

Everything was found!
[/mod]

"Harder Humphrey, harder!"

"I am trying Milady," gasped Humphrey, his chest wheezing like the bellows, "it is an unexpectedly...ah...tight fit. I am also not use to such an exercise."

Ivana let out a gasp as Humphrey put his all into it, followed by a smile on her lips,

"There, I knew you had it in you. Just a little more...little more...there nearly, nearly......YES!" Humphrey stumbled back, wiping the sweat off his brow,

"Is that satisfactory, Milady?" he wheezed.

"Yes, it will do Humphrey," Ivana said glancing over and realising the state her servant was in, "though to look at the state of you, one would think you have never tightened a ladies corset before."

***

Ivana strolled into the ballroom, her more than ample breasts positively spilling out of the tight corset she wore. Seeing many of the group clasped body parts like talismans elicited a tinkling laugh,

"Oh how you mortals do amuse me," she said, mirth showing in her eyes, "one minute you hide behind your morals and ethics, and now you hold on to a dead man's organs like they are precious jewels."

The next moment the smile disappeared off her face, to be replaced with a look of disappointment,

"However it seems that some of you decided not to join in the fun, to remain silent all day. Now I did warn you didn't I......" The guests looked around at those who had not spoken, who in return watched in fear. It seemed that nothing was happening for a second, until a crack echoed around the room.

Like firecrackers, the bones of Gabriel Lindergaard, Edvard Hiide and the unknown man in the monkey suit snapped. Without anything supporting them, the muscles and organs dropped, impaling on the shards of bone. White fragments burst through flesh, blood spilling out of every orifice. Possibly more horrific was the sounds the people made, mewls of pain and agony. How they were still alive with their bodies ruined in such a way was unbelievable, but as they began to shudder it was clear they would not be alive much longer.

"Now, I hope the rest of you understand this lesson," Ivana said, smiling sweetly as she circled the room, "oh yes, I haven't forgotten about you my dear." She stopped in front of Bottomsup, running a long fingernail over his trembling face. As she pulled her arm way he seemed to sag with relief, only to squeal like a stuck pig as her fingers burst through his eyes, thumb in his mouth. Gripping hard hard, Ivana, tore the front of his face off, leaving a gaping hole that showed his brain and lolling tongue.

Stepping back Ivana giggled like a school girl as the maimed man stumbled around for a moment, like the other victims, suffering a slow, pain filled death.

"Well my darlings, it appears you have chosen incorrectly again! What wonders to my friends have in store for you tonight hmmm?"

[mod]
Gabriel Lindergaard (Geordieclubba), ?? (Dreadgrass) and Edvard Hiide (Lynks) has been modkilled due to inactivity.

Bottomsup Threeflower has been vote for death, and was found to be a human.

The night is now in effect[/mod]
 
Alessandro stared in horror at the four dead bodies that had been living but moments earlier. He gulped audibly and tried to speak, "I ... I," but couldn't utter anything sensible. He swallowed again, and breathed deeply. "I ... I'm going to bed ... No-one will leave my room alive if they try and enter ... Be forewarned!"

With that, he turned and shakily made his way down the corridors to his room, stumbling occasionally and bumping into the wall. He closed the door behind him with a resounding thud and then the sound of something being scraped across the floor to the door resonated throughout the building, as he barred his door with his dresser.
 
*Turning pale at the sight of the slaughter surrounding them*

Sigmar help us....

Looks as if I was wrong...
Fighting a man on the field and voting to see him dead are two entirely different things, I don't think I realized how different they were. *Eyes full of regret*
I still think a drunken man making suck decisions was a danger, I just wish in hindsight I had explored other options first but fear is a powerful motivator...

I think we should all retire to our rooms and bar the doors, I rather not leave anything to chance.
 
The Masque stared at the newly created corpses for a moment, then took a few pieces of fruit from the table and stowed them in her clothes, following Erik's example. Then, she turned to Christof and said:

"You did only what you judged to be right. In any case, do any of us have any better idea of who these assailants might be? I think not. All we can do is use the tool we've been given, eliminating one person each day who fits the evidence.

"And I agree. We should bar our doors heavily tonight, as I sensed something slightly amiss with how deeply I slept last night..."

Not waiting for a reply, she made her way off down the long hallway to her quarters, then turned in for the night.
 
Duality stares at the corpse of Bottomsup Threeflower like in a trance. Suddenly, he's awakened by something."No, not now, not now... Go away dumb girl, you don't need to see this. No..."

Duality seems to be fighting with himself. His face is in constant distortion as the muscles of the opposite sides of his face flex and ease in a pandemonium of flesh. Suddenly the revolting fit is over and the left side of Duality's face is calm. An expression of pure terror is shown on the right side of Duality's face, tears running wildly from the right eye.

"What have you done Michael? He was a kind man, so full of life. He was the only one here who acknowledged me when I cried out for answers. He was the only one who talked to me. Why did you do it Michael!? I'm sick of being stuck inside with you two, yes, I know what we are. I know everything. From now on, you will be the one pushed back Michael, from now on we will do things my way!"

Duality cries out in a female voice, clawing the left side of it's face. Crying, Duality runs back to it's own bedchambers and forcefully slams the door shut.
 
Dr. von Ungeheuer stares at the bloody bags of meat that were recently fellow guests. He takes another long drink from his flask, looks at the corpse of Threeflower and says, "Wrong again... In the morning we must examine the evidence surrounding each of us and try to make a better decision about who the fiend's minions may be. I hope to see you all in the morning." The doctor retires to his room and sounds of furniture being moved can be heard from within as well.
 
Carlos stared at the scene from the stairs.

"So that's the way, eh? 4 more corpses today, if we don't play by their rules we are 100% dead. If we play by their rules... some of us will be dead. Fantastic..." He said, with a bitter sarcasm in his last word.

The gruesome deaths of the three people (Gabriel, the unknown person and Edvard) left him with little appetite so he went back to his room, this time with his pistols fully charged.

He entered the room, barred the door (the Duke got it right on that, he thought) and laid in his bed. If he was the next target, he couldn't do anything, apart from the black powder trap he put in the door which (he hoped) would awaken him if someone would force the door...
 
Ysolda stands still as a statue, horror clearly written upon her face.
"Those poor souls...and Threeflower...I wish I never said that his behavior was strange. Sigmar preserve us all!"

She quickly runs off to her own bedroom and slams it shut behind her. Inside screeching sounds can be heard, probably furniture being moved against the door, after that muffled crying comes through the door.
 
Isaac looks with horror at the scene of the 4 bodies, sprawled out before them.
"It seems that this is snowballing into chaos. More and more of us will die each night, while we condemn our own sheep." His head turned to the doors that Ivana left through.
"There has to be a way," he whispered. "You won't beat us forever."
With that, he turned and walked out of the hall to his room.
 
Tuomas threw the heart into the pile with the others and turned back to his room. 'I'm going to study. Please don't enter or make too much noise.'
 
It was the dark of night, and two figures crept through the darkness. Unbeknownst to them Ivana watched them from above with growing amusement.

The one in the lead silently walked along the corridor, glancing from time to time over his shoulder. Each time he did he failed to see the other person rapidly closing. Suddenly the stalker struck with the speed of lightening.

A garbled cry of surprise came from the victim, who moved with his own shocking speed,

"Wha-what are you doing?! I'm one-urk!" The victims words were cut off as the attacker snapped his neck effortlessly. The resulting shower of dust seemed to surprise the attacker, looking around in shock.

"Oh crap..."

***

Morning dawned and those to rise early came down to another sumptuous feast of cooked meats and fruit. A scroll was left on the table, written in perfect penmanship.

Good morning my lovelies!

As you will no doubt soon see, all of you still live. It appears that my friends unfortunately lack the brains to tell sense one another, and I am sure you will all be pleased to know that one of them paid the price.

So enjoy your day, but don't forget....I will be watching.....

Lady Ivana Hoompalotte


[mod]Tuomas Lakchen / Spineyrequiem has been killed by vampires....and has been revealed to be a vampire himself!

Day 3 has now started[/mod]
 
Alessandro entered the main room and saw the note lying upon the table.

"Wh ... What?" There was a pile of dust on the floor that he examined, but hunger, in the form of his stomach grumbling, drew him away to the tables of food, whilst he awaited the others and their verdict on the note and dust-pile.
 
Entering the main chamber Wilhelmina heads for the banquet all and pours fills a goblet from an ornate water pitcher. "I wouldn't have suspected Tuomas" she said aloud after reading the scroll "it appears for all of their power these fiends are also capable of making foolish mistakes. One less of them and no human victims. It is a shame that the innocent Threeflowers death rather takes the shine of things though."
 
"No human victims? There have been too many human victims in the last few days ... " Alessandro said from his place at the table, goblet filled to the brim with milk. He steadily munched his way through a bowl of thick porridge as he awaited the rest of the people to raise from their beds.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu