VAU: The Tale of Ivana Hoompalotte - Game Thread

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ysolda looks at the note and suddenly a very evil-looking grin appears on her girlish face. "now that makes my day! It won't bring back the innocents we've lost but at least one of the monsters has paid the price for its evil.
Hopefully more of these mistakes will come to pass."

She walks towards the table laden with food and picks up some grapes.
"I seem to have lost my appetite for meat" she mutters "I wonder if it will ever return."
 
To Alessandro
"I meant that the fiends didn't claim another human life last night. My relief in surviving to see another day and the good news about the vampires destruction may have made me slightly too exuberant. I meant no offense about those we have lost already" said Wilhelmina apologetically.
 
"Oh, I know you didn't mean any disrespect to the dead ... This ... This entire situation is making me ... Out of sorts, I suppose. Not that I would think any would blame me, or at least I'd hope they wouldn't ... "
 
"Well.." smiled Wilhelmina "..you have been fair and reasonable so far. And to your credit you were not part of that lynch mob which finished poor Threeflower. However, if I may offer a few words of caution" her tone growing more serious "while your insistence on only voting when you have evidence is noble, if you continue to sit on the fence it maybe dangerous as our numbers dwindle and it may also create tension."
 
*Walking slowly into the room with a look of resignation on his face, haggard and with dark circles beneath his eyes he looks about the room spotting other folk milling about the table by a note he heads over*

*listening carefully he reads the scroll*



They... They are killing themselves?..... *A wide grin spreading across his features*
At last some good news and some head way has been made, even if we were unable to spot the vampire ourselves.

So what does this mean?
We know that there were now at least 2 of them, we may be even luckier and now their may be only the one remaining....... *mind racing at the possibility trying to recall if the monster had done anything to arouse suspicion earlier that may let them find the other*
 
*To Wilhelmina*

"I know, Wilhelmina," Alessandro sighed in response, "And I do have my suspicions ... But if I voice them out loud and do not gain support, I leave myself vulnerable to the beasts, and if I voice them, garner support, and then turn out to be incorrect, then I shall be mainly responsible, and that is a burden I would wish on no-one ..."

*To Christof*

"I am sure they did not mean to kill one of their own; it only weakens them. I doubt they will be so lax in their ... Activites tonight ..."
 
*Exuberance draining at the mans words*

It is not something anyone should have to feel, I can't help but think what would of happened if I had not voiced my own opinion, he was a liability granted but would he still be alive now or would we have lost another instead?.....
I am going to have to be certain beyond a shadow of a doubt before I even think of voting again. *letting out a sigh*


You are more than likely correct, they may not wish to kill their own but this have proven they did not know their own natures either so it could just of easily went another way, they are blind and clueless....
That at least is something.
 
The Masque walked over to the note at the middle of the table, silently examining its contents while those around her expressed mild jubilation. She spoke, with a hint of surprise creeping into her tone of voice:

"Well...so they can be killed. And they can make mistakes as well. Perhaps we're not so doomed as I once thought."

With that, she retired to a corner of the room and set about her silent meditations.
 
Duality also comes in, a bit shy. She stays for a moment on the top of the staircase leading to the hall to gather what everyone is talking about.

"One of them killed. That's surely a blessing. I was afraid I was about to find yet another disemboweled corpse here. It's been... so hard for us."

She comes carefully down the stairs, minding the tail of her nonexistent dress, the bells on the sleeves of the motley tingling just so slightly. It becomes clear that today the jester is somewhere in the background, only the right eye scans the surroundings, while the left side of Duality's face remains blank.

"Hopefully we can gather our senses today and our hostess will not force us to play any of her sadistic games."

(Turning to Abel)

"You say you were here all night, patrolling the hall and corridors, while the others slept? That's very gallant of you, but don't you feel tired at all now, when you've stayed up all night?"
 
To Erik
"The idea that these monsters are anything but malevolent towards us is laughable. We were lucky last night and that is all there is to it. I can not see them making the same mistake twice."
 
*To Abel*

"You say you were patrolling last night ... How do we not know it was you who, granted, killed our adversary? It makes perfect sense to me ... Patrol the halls, alone, during the night, when everyone else is supposed to be asleep ... Maybe you're stalking for prey? That ... That is very suspicious, sir!"
 
Dr. von Ungeheuer enters the room and overhearing the others' conversations, he checks the scroll as well. He removes his flask from his pocket and says, "Here's to the fact that these monsters can be killed." He takes a deep drink, then looks around at the other guests assembled. "After two days and two innocents dead by our votes, I believe it is time to start voicing suspicions. These fiends' mistake has done more for us than we've been able to do. Something has troubled me since the first day, and if you'll indulge an old man, I'll explain. I am suspicious of Erik for this reason: it was his suggestion to try smoking his herb to try and figure out who the vampires may be. However, if he was himself a vampire and knew the weed would have no effect, then this could be used to his advantage. Those who refused to smoke would be looked upon suspiciously. I think he was trying to stir us up and cause confusion. However, I don't want to cast my vote without hearing any one else's opinion."
 
(To Duality)
"My lady, I am bouyed up by my faith in the Lady. One nights missed sleep is as naught to me. I thank thee for thy concern. Now if thou wilt excuse me I must address this varlet who hath questioned my honour."

(To Alessandro)
"Thou darest to question my honour during the night? 'Tis true I did walk the halls all night but 'twas in an effort to locate the beasts amongst us. I did not discourage any from joining me yet I did not see any who rushed to my side. Whilst thou wast cowering in thy room like a frightened rat I was seeking to protect thy worthless life. And thou standest here and dare to impune my actions? Fie thee for shame sirrah!"
 
Erik walked up to stand beside Abel

*To all* "Any who question this man may find that you have bitten off more than you can chew"

Turning to Abel "I stand with you my friend, now are you sure you did not see anyone in the halls last night?"
 
(To Abel) "My intention is to engage the group so that we may constructively discuss the suspicions each of us may have so that we can better determine who the fiend's minions are. Is it your intention to discourage intelligent discussion about our situation? You jump to Erik's defense, but you don't give good cause, only that my reasoning is 'flawed.' Your knee-jerk reaction is much like a dog protecting its master when he is threatened. Your behavior is... interesting. Especially in light of your comment about lurking about the hallway last night, and yet you saw nothing amiss."
 
Ysolda sighed.
"And here we go again, throwing around accusations as soon as we have woken up. But at least I can say that there is a good reason for mistrust now.
Care to explain what did happen whilst you were walking around at night no less Sir(towards Abel)? One night missed sleep might not be much in normal circumstances but we are all under a great deal of stress and I do not know how the others fare but I am close to the point of breaking and need every minute of rest I can get to rest both my mind and body. Just look at poor Christof, the man is exhausted.

I am not saying you are one of those monsters...yet, but your behavior is very strange.

(to Erik)And why jump to his defense immediately? I understand the need for friendship in times such as these but you have been very eager to defend him. I must say I thought better of both of you yet now find myself doubting your motives."

She quickly puts a grape in her mouth angrily chewing on it, keeping her true thoughts from leaving her mouth.
 
Carlos listened to the discussion and read his notes carefully.

"Let's see... Let us make a cold analysis of the evidences so far..." He carefully turned the pages.

The first remarkable annotation was about Erik.
"Erik, from the start, seemed very friendly with Ser Abel, as I have registered on this annotation"

He continued turning the pages.

"Tuomas possessed a great knowledge of the undead... which was consistent with his cover as a future amethyst scholar... He did vote against poor Gurther, as I noted... here"

"However his behavior, apart from that was not very remarkable... he did not give any clue of being a vampire."

He looked at Ysolda
"I totally agree with you, señorita. I am exhausted, my head is starting to hurt, and yet... this Ser is as fresh as a lettuce! And we also know that Erik has defended him given the opportunity."

He eyed Erik and Abel and continued:
"This are objective facts, gentlemen, that cannot be discussed. It is not my wish to imply anything... now. Keep that in mind, please."

"So... what we know for sure is:
He straightened a finger
"There were at least two vampires"
He straightened another one
"These two were not teamed up... however..."
He straightened another one and looked the gathered people in the eye as he talked grimly:
"We do not know if there are more, and if they are teamed up"
 
Turning to Ysolda "I defend this man so it does not turn into the last minute witch hunt that we had yesterday. We can not let our fears and suspicions condemn a man before his trail again. So yes I defend him without knowing the facts but it is to save a life."
 
*To Abel*

"Yes, I dare question your honour! Honour will not keep us alive here, you old fool! This," Alessandro said whilst gesturing at the situation as a whole, "is about as honourless a situation as you could ask for, so I say damn your chivalric code of conduct and answer our questions!"

*To Erik*

"And yet how do we know it saves a life?"

*To Erik, Abel and room in general*

"There are a few options here, but the two that stand out to me are - either you are vampires and stick together to protect one another, or two you are human and have known him before you entered this house, which would beg the question of why you didn't mention it before ..."
 
(To all)
"Cast thy minds back to the first murder when the noble priest didst straitway attend to his duties in seeing the victim on his journey to Morr. When he asked for assistance 2 men stepped forward immediately. Myself and Erik. That was how I became aquainted with the good captain. I swear by the Lady that I had no association with him before that day. He offered his friendship in seeking out the evil which holds us all captive, a friendship which I accepted with one reservation. I swore by the Lady that if he be a nosferatu I would cut him down. The 'evidence' that hath been presented against him has not proven him to be such. Indeed by the Doctor's logic anyone who puts forth a possible means of locating the creatures must be doing so to avert suspicion and must be a demon of the night. If such is to be the case then he must wish us all to sit here patiently and wait for death. Why would he so wish unless he is the one bringing death?
I am a man of faith and honour. The Lady of the Lake sustains me in this time of dread deeds and so I hold to my code to repay Her for Her blessings. Any warrior must get used to long periods without sleep and I am a warrior. I am a man of action! I will not sit idly by and wait for death to sneak up on me. I will strive to face it as a true man (said while glancing at Alessandro), not while cowering like a child. And I welcome the assistance of other men of action, such as the good captain has shown himself to be.
I have already answered the question of last night. I neither saw nor heard anything. From what I have heard of these fiends that is not unusual. My mortal senses are to blame for that, nothing more.
One further thing. I am not so attached to this man as to blindly follow his every move. When he didst cast a vote the first day did I support him? No! I questioned why he would vote in such a hasty manner. Factor that into thy deliberations."

Abel turned to Alessandro.
"Thou hast cast aspersions on my honour. That is a slight that will not be forgotten. This is not the time to challenge thee as a man, though I doubt thou wouldst have the gall to accept if it were. But if we make it out of here remember thy words and the consequences they shalt bring."

(To all)
"Art there any further accusations to be laid at my feet? I have nothing to hide and will gladly answer those who face me with honour."
 
To Erik
"Prevent another witchhunt?" laughed Wilhelmina hollowly "Its a shame you did not show the same restraint when you voted for Threeflower and gave no reason. You did something similar on the first night to poor Gurter as I recall. Convenietly pulling your vote back once he was done for."

To Abel
"I do not find the fact that you did not see anything last night suspicious. However making threats of violence is not the way to convince people, is it?"
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu