VAU: The Tale of Ivana Hoompalotte - Game Thread

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!
Status
Not open for further replies.
*Sighing and walking over to the arguing group, full tankard in hand*

I was hoping that seeing two men die would of caused people to be more careful with their votes and to stop jumping at shadows, I cast a vote in suspicion which at the time was justified and made sense to many others, because of that we have another dead.

We must keep our wits about us, we are not the ideal group lets face it.
We are a mixture of do'ers, talkers and the tragically innocent. *thinking back to Dualities unfortunate predicament*
If we fall prey to infighting now we will become easy prey, I don't care who anyone was before they came here, what matters now is who you can trust and actions speak allot louder than words.

Abel last night patrolled whilst we all bared our doors.
Truth be told I should of helped if I was not struggling with what I had already done earlier and that is something that I will have to live with.
Now the man had the bravery to patrol alone, he did not see the fiends but neither did they, if they can stalk one another what chance did Sir Knight have?....



*Listening to the doctors reasoning*

Its hard to suspect a man for daring to be the first to try and offer a solution, it did not work but he did not shy away and has always listened to the reason of others and not used his own vote without good and not out of any dislike for another which at this point all told can almost be cut with a knife.

Trust in life is more precious than any amount of gold, as it loyalty.
Friendships may bloom in the most unexpected of places, that is especially true of those who have lived by the blade.
Theirs is a friendship I can understand.
Besides, after tonight I would suggest from here on in we stay in groups of 2's and 3's for the night.
Not all of us are able to wield a blade and I rather give these B*stards as few chances as possible.
 
Rising from her peaceful meditation, the Masque strode over to the table, grabbed an apple from one of the fruit trays, and placed it in her customary black wrapping. Slipping it into a pocket in her shirt, she approached the group of people now gathered around the arguers.

*To Christof*

"You would that we sleep in groups of two or three? I think such a measure would prove futile. These are beings who can slip past the watch of an ever-vigilant Knight of Bretonnia, and who can tear the throat from a man with naught but their bare hands. Would having a partner to guard you while you sleep be of any use at all? No...I'm afraid all it would do is allow our assailants to kill two of us per night instead of just one. You're welcome to try if you like, but...I feel it will be to no avail."

*To the room*

"That being said, I agree that trust and friendship are nothing to execute a man for. It's not a pleasant thought to consider, but these could very well be the last days of all our lives. Would you not hope to spend your last moments in this world exchanging pleasantries with a friend?" The Masque takes a long pause and deep breath before uttering her final sentence, with a twinge of sadness entering into her tone...

"I certainly would."
 
Walking into the room and hearing only the most recent moments in the conversation, Isaac strokes his chin, paying close attention to Abel.

"What Abel says is very promising. Back when Gurter sacrificed his dark secret, he did it out of wanting to help the group effort. And the first one to condemn him out of 'blind zeal' was Frederick."

Isaac turned away from the others briefly.

"When we murdered Gurter, I swore to avenge him and make the daemons of this house pay for what they did. And I for one support the notion that Abel has presented. One of you found Gurter's secret to be threatening and condemned him without any other thought. Now it's time to go full circle and stop the ones who have shed this blood in the first place."

VOTE: FREDERICK-HARLAND
 
Carlos listened to Isaac's speech and nodded slowly.

He replied to the Duke's reasoning of staying in groups of two or three:
"I think that your idea, although I'm sure it is well-intended, can be regarded as a double-edged knife. Imagine for a moment that in a group of two -or even three! there is a vampire... (as they will be!) That would mean handing the monster their victim in a silver dish..."
He paused for a moment, thinking, and looked briefly to the Masque:
"However, as futile a measure as it may be, it is still better than sleeping alone in each room's bedroom... So I agree with that."
 
*To Abel*

"Thank you, Sir Abel...for someone in my profession, finding friendship can be difficult, if not impossible. You'll find that most people don't want to befriend an assassin."

Now, turning to Carlos, the Masque spoke:

"As I said, you may try it if you wish. I'll even go along with whatever plan fits the group's consensus. Let it simply be known that I think this strategy to be...dubious at best."
 
Alessandro had been listening intently to the to-ing and fro-ing of the conversation.

"Whilst I understand the ... Reasoning behind the votes for Frederick, as far as it goes ... But I would remind you all that it takes two votes for someone to be killed off ..."
 
"I find it quite bizzare that the reason a few of you are voting for Frederick for singling out Gurter. Threeflower was convicted for even weaker, and in some cases nonexistant reasons. The hypocrisy is overwhelming. Still Frederick does seem to have a knack for chiming in when the accusations are flying about." said Wilhelmina.

"I have been trying to work out what Tuomas did to be singled out for death. He did not seem to offend anyone or say anything that would give a clue. Was his death random. Any ideas?"
 
"I believe it is the most votes, Alessandro, that wins the "prize". You merely need at least two to be in the frame." replied Wilhelmina.
 
Turning to Wilhelmina "Treeflower did the same thing that Frederick has been doing, singling out someone just because the thought of what they have said they are scared him. His death was unfortunate but as someone who voted for him the idea that he was a threat was very real at that time."
 
"Oh, I know that. But what I'm saying is that it take a minimum of two votes, so who else voted for Gurter to be killed? And why aren't the others accusing them as well? They seem to be singling out Frederick, and whilst he does indeed seem to partake at the most inopportune times, I do not understand the overwhelming consensus that he is trying to divide us ... Indeed, myself and Abel were arguing before he joined us ... "
 
"That is partly my point. Our arguement was between me and thee. Yet he inserted himself and cast his lot against me when I had done nothing to him. Why?
Another thing has convinced me that he is not human. He claimeth that trust is weak and will get us all killed. So if he trusteth none here why would he care if any lived or died? When we began planning to ambush our cruel hostess his was the voice of discouragement, claiming that we would all be destroyed. As he careth not for any one of us methinks he was protecting his mistress in case we should achieve our goal. Granted, the chances of us stopping her were miniscule but luck plays its part in every battle."
 
"I have to say, I would agree that it is pointless trying to fight our way out. Not only is our ... 'Hostess' more than a match for nearly of us singularly, she could probably take more than one of us. Look at the ease with which she has killed our peers ...
"Add that she has allies in this room and ... We would all die, very quickly ... "

Alessandro looked around, at all the others in the room, and drank deeply of a goblet of wine before continuing. "And I also agree with him about not trusting too easily ... It can distort our view of the world around us, and may not help us in this situation ... Personally, I trust none of you and take nothing any of you say at face value ... "
 
Tears welled in Frederick's eyes. He slumped down on a stool and put his head in his hands.
to all
"Yes, I voted for Gurter. And I was wrong. Do you honestly think that that decision has not weighed heavily upon me these last few days? Not a second goes by when I do not regret my choice."
To Abel
"You think that because I disagree with forming bonds of trust that I do not care about human life? I understand that in your society trust may be absolutely central, but a lack of it does not mean utter disdain. I discouraged the attacking of our hostess because I did not want all our lives to end so violently without a hope. I wanted us to have at least a small chance of us walking out of here."
 
Glaring at Frederick, Isaac opened his mouth.
"You're sad NOW as you realzie that your death is near. A moment ago, you were high and mighty convinced that Abel was just doing this out of spite. There's nothing more to see here."
 
to Isaac
"I have simply tried to control my emotions until now." He smiled to himself. "It is just the stress with getting voted to die that opened the flood gates, so to speak."
 
"Wise words Alessandro about not being too quick to trust. It makes perfect sense and anyone with any sense will not take offence. But that does work both ways. There are some I feel more srongly about than others but the only way to know for sure is when it is all over or..." she let the words hang "...death."

"I was ready to vote earlier on but the more I think about the way today has unfolded, I worry that I am being manipulated."
 
Duality's been watching the exchange in silence, intently listening to everyone.

"I was about to cast my vote a few times already, but something has been holding me back... this is too difficult. I don't want to be responsible for a death, but then again there are the rules and what I just said about it earlier. I... I think I will hold on to my vote for a few more hours and then make my decision."

Silently muttering to herself:

"I'm sorry Michael, I didn't understand how difficult this all is."
 
"Well, seems dat the game we was forced ta play had no point? Or just a distraction eyes suspected..."

Lorenzo paused briefly and let out a loud blech.

"Seems that we need to vote, tis the only way any o' us are gonna get outta 'ere alive."

He eyed the room, stopping at those who had votes against them as he spoke. (Fredrick, Erik and Abel)

"Three votes fer you, two fer you, and two fer you... what have ye ta say fer yerselfs..."

/edit: spelling
 
*turning to Lorenzo* "My name is Erik Stoutberg and I am human. I am admittedly a flawed and aggressive human but that is it. Once long ago I was a calm and gentle man, but then I was betrayed and sent to my death by men whom I once thought my friends and while I am not proud of it I killed them all." Here Erik paused, a far off look of horror on his face.

Drinking deeply from his tankard he continued "It has taken me a long time to trust again, but in that time I have become a good judge of character. I befriended some men in this room and now others view that as some sort of problem. My temper and trust have earned me my votes and for that I am sorry."
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu