• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Sweeney Todd

Master Vampire
True Blood
Mar 9, 2008
Singapore
With the VC 40k Armory rapidly filling up with ideas, it becomes a bit diffcult to go on without the actual units that will be using said equipment. So let's start with the Troops choices of the army

Cythor Fledglings - 8 points each

WS4 BS3 S4 T3 W1 I3 A1 LD7

Composition: 5-20 Cythor Fledglings

Unit type: Infantry

Wargear: Cythor Sonic Blaster(needs a name change)

Special rules: Fleet, Berserk Charge, Furious Charge, <insert universal Cythor rules here>

Berserk Charge

Cythor Fledglings receive a bonus +2A when they charge instead of +1A. This only applies to the Fledglings themselves and not any other model that has joined the unit.

Similar to the zombies, they have no options. They have Fleet to represent their underdeveloped wings, and the agreed Cythor basic gun. I'm not sure about their having Rending, and their points cost though. What do you guys think about the above?

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
RE: VC 40k - Unit Creation

I would prefer if we do what we did in the Legion of Nagash, where we discuss one unit per thread. Otherwise things can get confusing.

I will move the Automotoi into the existing Zombie unit thread and rename this one for the Cythor Fledglings only.

I will be back to comment shortly......

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Ok, as the fledglings I don't think they should have Rending, possibly because they as young their claws have not yet fully developed along with their wings.

Fleet looks fine.

Not sure on the Cythor Blaster though. These strike me as being an undisciplined mob, eager to prove themselves warriors. But then not sure how viable they would be without the weaponry?

Sweeney Todd

Master Vampire
True Blood
Mar 9, 2008
Singapore
The trouble is, if you take away both Rending and their gun, they then have no purpose and you may as well take more Zombies instead. If you want them as an undisciplined mob eager to prove themselves then you need something like the Blood Claws' Berserk Charge rule(+2A on the charge), and some melee options/weapons to make them decent at it.

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Oct 30, 2009
Behind Darvy
I just had a weapon idea.
I was thinking about ways of having heavy weapons that 1# are really cool 2# are light and mobile 3# are stealthy and precise.
Like really, a bunch of flying bat people are going to be unable to keep up with their comrades if they are carrying a traditional heavy weapon, right?
So how about a cythor/chiro version of an anti material sniper rifle?
It has the lightness and compactness and accuracy and stealth of a sniper rifle, and the firepower of an armour piercing cannon.
awww.haborumuveszete.hu_rovatok_fegyverek_lo_mesterlovesz_fegyverek_ntw20.jpg
I can just imagine a sextuplet (teams of two, spotter with a lighter weapon, and a sniper with the rifle) of bats, clinging in various rock crevices during the night, and using echolocation/night optics to sight some enemy light vehicles and.... BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! A chimera has its track blown of! Another has its driver killed through the armour plate and careens out of control! BANG! BANG! A third chimera goes up in smoke, exploding as its fuel tank is penetrated!.. The surviving guardsmen form a circle, firing wildly into the night, as the cythor sniper teams silently wing through the air with their rifles dissasembled into two parts for carrying, looking for a new position from which to reign terror.

Sweeney Todd

Master Vampire
True Blood
Mar 9, 2008
Singapore
A bit reminiscent of Tau Sniper Teams, but I don't mind. Trouble is, it definitely won't fit this unit entry. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against your idea, but I think it demands a seperate unit entry of its own.

I've edited the first post with a new version of the Fledglings, how do they look now?

Sweeney Todd

Master Vampire
True Blood
Mar 9, 2008
Singapore
Yeah. Tell you what, how about you try doing up the gun itself in the weapons thread first(since their gun is kinda their raison d'etre)?

I'm not really sold on the sniper team flying around though. It'd have to be incorporated in their points cost, meaning you'll be paying for something you won't use most of the time. No Dark Eldar player ever takes Scourges with Dark Lances for a reason...

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Oct 30, 2009
Behind Darvy
Im thinking that the flying would be used combined with scouts. So they can get into a good forward position, but get the heck outta there and keep shooting when the enemy starts advancing towards them

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu