Voting: Choose the best Necromancer

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!

Choose the best vampire

  • Santawraith

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Petterwass

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Count Lasombra

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adam_Barrow

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Bullhax

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Tawg

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • benvoliothefirst

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Yorga

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • count kill alot

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • robtion

    Votes: 9 34.6%
  • robinsuu

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vaftrudnir

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Mad 'At

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Reaper

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    26
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright folks, time to choose the best Necromancer. As always, Please do not vote for yourself. Thank you! Also congrats for having 14 entries for us to vote on. I have a feeling this one will be a bloody battle to the bitter end.

1: Santawraith
081312wizardnecromancer.webp


2: Petterwass
img0771lq.webp

img0769au.webp


3: Count Lasombra
sergeirikek002.webp

sergeirikek003.webp


4: Adam_Barrow
necrochallenge.webp


5: Bullhax
2012-09-13213933.webp


2012-09-13213944.webp


2012-09-13214000.webp


6: Tawg
20130420_013202.webp

20130420_013041.webp

20130420_013002.webp

20130420_012939.webp


7: benvoliothefirst
IMG_1671.webp

IMG_1674.webp

IMG_1671.webp

IMG_1675.webp


8: Yorga
015_zps74570752.webp

024_zpsa91b1f19.webp

013_zpsf33ef4c7.webp


9: count kill alot
2013-04-22172248.webp

2013-04-22172509.webp

2013-04-22172751.webp


10: robtion
92daa125-66d0-47ef-ba27-7980f24e05ea_zpsb15b2ee5.webp

DSC03731_zps925e7f97.webp

DSC03728_zpsd011481c.webp

DSC03730_zpsd9a61783.webp


11: robinsuu
20130323_001708_zps22bf0912.jpg


12: Vaftrudnir
0f90f16e-ccae-4bcd-83ff-47a8e2da5669.webp

4fde4cde-dd7e-49ee-8813-1bf72149f1d9.webp


13: Mad'At
P4290714_zps9ebaf192.webp

P4290715_zpse4e2a04d.webp

P4290716_zps2466fbd2.webp

P4290717_zps0bbb212c.webp


14: Reaper
my_old_necromancer_by_wh_reaper-d63kq19.webp

my_old_necromancer_2_by_wh_reaper-d63kq45.webp


I feel we are all adult enough to choose the winner by painting and conversion skills alone. SO lets play a game

Each Contestant please post what you will or want to choose if you win this challenge.

Model to be chosen:
Undead to be made:
 
All are absolutely fantastic models and hard to choose. They have given me lots to think about how I'm going to paint my necromancer as when I was looking at them before the voting started it inspired me to go and buy a necromancer for my battalion box I'd just brought.

Many Thanks

Tim
 
That was neither fun, nor easy, to vote on; Far too many really good things..


If I had to pick what to do the following month though, I would say:

Any model/models
Convert a Vamp (Or Necro) mounted on Abyssal Horror. The only essential thing there being the AH.

Not sure when the last time an AH challenge came up, but that would be my choice, to help force my lazy self to get the one I'm working on done :pumpkin:
 
Thanks for the vote Santa xD Just a heads up, it still says choose the best vampire at the top of the poll. Not a big deal though ;)

REALLY tough to pick one :scared: In the end I had to go with Molly the Necro by Tawg, as I feel the ladies are underrepresented when it comes to the vocation of necromancy :clown: Seriously though great basing and OSL Tawg. I can dig it :thumbsup:

If my evil forest hag wins I think in her honour I would choose the following for the next challenge:

Model to be turned: Anything with a foresty theme (trees, wood elves, dryads, elk, squirrels etc).
Undead to be created: Any.
 
Voted!

War torn between Maddy and robtion but in the end gave the vote to rob. A bit because I have never quite seen a necromancer model like that ( a good thing for once). But they are all very well done x)
 
I had to go with count kill alot, as others have said it was a tough choice but his beautiful shading and color choices really make that necro model shine.

If I win I'd love to see some more grave guard conversions:

Model to be turned: Any other than official GW Grave Guard, let's see some conversions!
Undead to be created: Grave Guard
 
I voted for CKAL as well. I love the colors, I love the bird, I'm glad you left the collar off.

If my entry wins, I will want some Wight action of a different mode of transportation.
Model to be turned: Any
Undead to be created: Mounted Wight King
 
Found it extremely hard to cast a vote awesome pieces all around, but have to give it up to robition for his out the box thinking and bringing something unique to the table.
If I had to choose id go for varghulfs or anything that stands in for one:devil2:
Good luck to all.:thumbsup:
 
Hadn't seen robtions mounted necromancer before.... Damn it! Before that I thought I'd stand a chance :tongue:

If I got to choose I'd made the next challenge a Hell Knight
 
@Petterwass: Hmmm, sorry about that :vampire3: Regardless, your Necro is still awesome :thumbsup:

Also I have had a change of heart...cold, unbeating heart of course :konrad: If my entry wins I will choose the following for the next challenge:

Model to be turned: Any.
Undead to be created: Strigoi Ghoul King or Queen (hint,hint). On foot, not mounted (too many good TG's floating around already).
 
robtion said:
@Petterwass: Hmmm, sorry about that :vampire3: Regardless, your Necro is still awesome :thumbsup:

Also I have had a change of heart...cold, unbeating heart of course :konrad: If my entry wins I will choose the following for the next challenge:

Model to be turned: Any.
Undead to be created: Strigoi Ghoul King or Queen (hint,hint). On foot, not mounted (too many good TG's floating around already).

I think a SGQ would be nearly identical to a SGK anyways, since the twisted nature would probably end up with them have much less.. cleavage. On top of which, even if they were not void of it, it would most likely be the kind everyone wants to hide from :zombie:

Interesting concept though :pumpkin:
 
@Tawg: Ha ha :lol: Sounds like you are thinking of a Strigoi Ghoul king with a green stuff wig or something. I guess we will have to wait and see. I have 2 different ideas for a Strigoi Ghoul queen, not sure which I will go with but I might do both and see what turns out better. I dont think either of them are quite what you're expecting ;)
 
robtion said:
@Tawg: Ha ha :lol: Possibly, I guess we will have to wait and see. I have 2 different ideas for a Strigoi Ghoul queen, not sure which I will go with but I might do both and see what turns out better. I dont think either of them are quite what you're expecting ;)

Stigoi queen already sounds extremely...''wrong''
 
Santawraith said:
I usually lock the thread fallowing the contest but forgot if everyone wants to say congrats feel free no harm in it. It is also polite.

Well done Robition, though I would of had more fun doing up tree's as the next challenge.

You could still work trees into the SGQ :ghost:

'Grats to Robi; I just looked over the "Hall of Winners" Or what ever it was, looks like he has quite a few he's won with :pumpkin:

Although the most spectacular was probably the tiger-winged-aligator, it was just fun to look at :pumpkin:
 
Thanks guys :happy:

Tree themed? Has someone been reading my mind? I have already beat you to it Santa. I have made two ghoul queens as of this weekend and am just painting them up now. Not sure which I will enter yet.

1: A taloned ghoul queen bursting forth from a tree, her body partially melded with the tree (was not easy fitting this all on a 20mm base). There is fluff behind her that I will put in my PLOG once I start it, but basically she is the daughter of the Hag from this Necro challenge.

2: A vampiric medusa, which I have thought for a long time would make a good Ghoul queen. Having fun with painting this one currently.

I am usually too lazy/busy for work in progress shots so I will post pics of these when I am done painting them as currently only undercoat and a touch of paint on them. Hopefully finish them in the next week or two (damn work).
 
robtion said:
Thanks guys :happy:

Tree themed? Has someone been reading my mind? I have already beat you to it Santa. I have made two ghoul queens as of this weekend and am just painting them up now. Not sure which I will enter yet.

1: A taloned ghoul queen bursting forth from a tree, her body partially melded with the tree (was not easy fitting this all on a 20mm base). There is fluff behind her that I will put in my PLOG once I start it, but basically she is the daughter of the Hag from this Necro challenge.

2: A vampiric medusa, which I have thought for a long time would make a good Ghoul queen. Having fun with painting this one currently.

I am usually too lazy/busy for work in progress shots so I will post pics of these when I am done painting them as currently only undercoat and a touch of paint on them. Hopefully finish them in the next week or two (damn work).

I'd like to point out that, while this event does encourage "Proper Sized Bases" there is no rule in Warhammer restricting a model to a certain size of base. Certainly it wouldn't help a VC player to put a Vamp on a 25mm (So it can't rank up with our troops?), but if you were spilling over in size and put it on a 40mm, there are no rules that say that is illegal in game. As for what Santa will allow into the event I am unsure? So perhaps we should ask him.

But if you need to size up the base, by all means please do that rather than cramp the space and potentially lose design space on a good conversion!
 
My problem in leaving the base size open is getting models that belong in another army entered I post rules clearly and in advance.

No vampire will be on a 25mm base or a 40 mm

Someone doing this will be doing just for the purpose of a show piece mini. That is not the intent of the challenge.

Now with that said if you want to create a scenic base by all means please do so. Vampire counts infantry models are on a 20mm base. Not a 25mm or 40mmm

If the model is not on a 20mm base it is not a valid entry into this months challenge.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu