• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

What undead would you fear most in real life?

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
The Archivist said:
Skeletons would scare me most.
I consider myself a rational person. Ghosts and so on are so unreal I wouldn't really feel fear - just confusion. Zombies are explainable - diseases e.t.c.
But what is rational about a skeleton? It shouldn't exist (nothing to hold it together), yet it is quite solid and tangible. If simple bone can move about in a semblance of order, then what is to stop bone dust moving or any other undead creature existing.
It would be psychologically most devastating for me.
I don't think I'd go through all those thought processes if faced with a skeleton. I'd just leg it. :rofl2:

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Banshee.

In primary school our teacher made us watch an Irish movie to help us learn the language and it was about a man runing from death after seeing a banshee...and failing.

Ever since then the bloody things have terrified me.

For me it would be the Terrorgheist... I can just imagine..>Walking down the road to a mates place on a Friday night...It's a Full moon (I know I know) ANd then the Light from the Moon suddenly...and without warning goes out.... Next thing i know My Head is about to explode while im Writhing in pain in the foetal position because i just got screamed at... Before being devoured as nothing more than an appetiser to a large soulless beast whose only purpose in life is to eat and destroy EVERYTHING!!!!!!

Mello

Hasn't left TVC for the rest of the forum
True Blood
Banshee, the screaming would terrify me. Something that can kill you withou touching you is to truly be feared. That and the fact they're vengeful spirits they'll be hunting you down for years if you're unlucky.

Frankly though I admire all the undead, I wouldn't be as much scared as fascinated as they kill he :D

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
Zombie fairies.

Hey everything turns into zombies.

Pretty much anything zombie would be horrible.

Though a vampire runs a close second.

Mello

Hasn't left TVC for the rest of the forum
True Blood
if everything turns into zombies. Then what about zombie zombies? :|

They're zombies... but.. deader.. :zombie:

Woah, that is so mindblowing a Hippy's head would explode.

Vampire's are also quite scary, based on the simple fact that they can be very subtle, you won't know what you're up against until you are drained completely dry...or playing a nice game of Hide and Go Suck :suck:

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
But I love games of hide and go suck wait ummmmm

So anyways

Another scary thought would be strigoi vampire I think they are the vampires that would scare me the most.

God, now i think about it everything, bar the skeletons would be scary. Mainly because they don't have the STHOOM ( Scare The Hell Out Of Me) factor. Don't know why, just don't seem that scary. Zombies, are actually another least scary, at least book wise. what sacres me is the whole 'everyone gets infected in a day' and running away from diseased humans that infect you.

For me, it would be any sort of ethereal, especially a banshee. Anything else you could fight and possibly even win against a zombie/skeleton, but the thought of being killed by something that I couldn’t fight back against is much more terrifying.

Burnanation

Crypt Horror
Hexwraiths: They are on fire, they can ride through walls, mountains, whatever, they are on fire, I have no magic weapons, they are on fire...

After that Banshees, then the rest of the ghosts. The rest are scary but as long as Obama doesn't take my gun I think I can hold them off... one at a time... maybe not the really big guys... but at least I can fight... hexwraiths are on fire :grave:

Shareya

Vampire Count
True Blood
For me it's anything that would eat me.

Zombies/terrors/whoever does not give me a quick death :( At least the skellys will probably stab you with something and that's that!

Tomfoolery

Grave Guard
Bat Swarms. I have stood toe to toe against some of the scariest individuals the human race can produce without flinching or fear and paid or paid them back in doing so. No qualms. If a bat gets in my house I have this sinking feeling in my stomach, I can't move, I lose my voice and I freeze. He basically has to dive bomb me before I just begin weeping and swinging my hands around yelling

"AIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

It's horrible what bats do to me.

Abhorash.

Grave Guard
Well the idea of meeting a Varghulf in the darkness of the woods would be an auto-suicide endorser. Even if I am a priest of Sigmar.

I think turning around and seeing some hulking Strigoi Lord staring at you could be the worst thing on earth. Not only is it 10x stronger and more resilient but it is quicker than the average Vampire and has probably killed thousands of people.

Oh and the sight of Hewraiths charging after you would be the worst. You just can't outrun them and they'll literally take your soul with them.

For me it would either be the Hexwraith or the Strigoi Vampire.

A hexwraith riding through solid objects, there's just nothing you can do as you can't hurt it and you can't run or hide from it.
But the Ghoul King is equally is terrifying.
It radiates malevolences and anumalistic brutality. But also a keen cunning which would be difficult to match. Only positive thing is that death by Strigoi would probably be a quick affair, albeit messy.

Now that I think about it, the most terrifying thing might actually be the zombie if you're bitten by one.
Knowing that you're about to become a zombie can't be a very comforting thought.

Corien Sumatris

Vampire Count
True Blood
Yeah, It's too bad that my dice rolling sucked when I was a baby and didn't roll a single magic missile, now I need to go through life without .... and I cannot stop a hexwraith running towards me.... Screw you life!

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood
Hansarius said:
Now that I think about it, the most terrifying thing might actually be the zombie if you're bitten by one.
Knowing that you're about to become a zombie can't be a very comforting thought.
Warhammer zombies don't work that way, their animated by magic not a virus, the upside is Warhammer zombies can bite you all they want and you won't become one, you gotta die and then be animated by the vampire or necromancer