Hello all. I am new to these forums. I currently play Tomb Kings and you can find me on the khemeri forums over there at same name.
I been tossing around a idea for Vampire Counts, as I wanted to play one of the undead armies, and I am realizing that Tomb Kings while I love the Egyptian theme is not really the play style I wanted. Where as Vampire Counts are designed to bring characters into close combat, and do so very well.
Here is my idea and I needed some help and to figure out ideas of what would work as different Vampire Units, using Wood Elf bits and parts. If this idea seems familiar it comes from WD 309 October 2005.
Here is the list of what I figured would work. With drilling, green stuff, and using vampire bits, and even the skeleton parts from the Tomb King infantry.
Let me know about any feedback on this. Will be a slower project for me, as I want to make the conversions look spectacular. I will even post updates as it starts to come along.
Once I get a general idea of where to go with the army. I will try to design the army around it. As I see I can't go wrong with some boxes of zombies, dryads, and glade guard to begin with. As I will need lots of zombies anyways.
I hope I get a lot of responses to help me fill out the gaps.
Characters: Well these would be different Wood elf character models or just from the plastic kits, made to stand out more, especially during the painting.
Core:
Ghouls: Dryads
Zombies: Glade guard, with zombie kit bash
Skeletons: Glade guard, with skeleton kit bash, and possibly dark elf or high elf shields. I got a lot of unused spears though.
Dire Wolves: I really could not think of anything here. Just use the vampire wolves. Figured woods have wolves anyways.
Special:
Bat Swarm: The little sprites of the glade guard and dryad bits, might work. Probably just forget these.
Black Knights: Glade Riders. I think these will work best, and then with the dark elf or high elf shields. Would take some remolding though as they have bows.
Corpse Cart: I am drawing a blank on this. Might just replace the models with wood elf parts. The unit seems very interesting to use.
Crypt Horrors: Wood Elf treekin for these
Fell Bats: The wood elf war eagles with some modding would work well I think.
Grave Guard: This one I was thinking eternal guard, and switch around weapons for how the unit was equipped. They are the most heavily armored wood elf infantry I am seeing.
Hexwraiths: Back to Glade riders or Wind riders.
Spirit Hosts: Got a few ideas on this. Dryads, and or glade guard, to look disembodied.
Varghiest: Drawing a blank hear.
Rare:
Black Coach: No idea.
Blood Knights: The wood elf calvary again. Would want to make look more armored though.
Carin Wraith: I am sure one of the wood elf characters make a great one.
Mortis Engine: Nothing in the wood elf line would make sense. So would need wood elf bits on it.
Terrorghist: This one I thought about the treekin the big one. Then I was why not the green dragon, just don't use the character models. Then make them banshees or something.
Vargulf: No idea.
I been tossing around a idea for Vampire Counts, as I wanted to play one of the undead armies, and I am realizing that Tomb Kings while I love the Egyptian theme is not really the play style I wanted. Where as Vampire Counts are designed to bring characters into close combat, and do so very well.
Here is my idea and I needed some help and to figure out ideas of what would work as different Vampire Units, using Wood Elf bits and parts. If this idea seems familiar it comes from WD 309 October 2005.
Here is the list of what I figured would work. With drilling, green stuff, and using vampire bits, and even the skeleton parts from the Tomb King infantry.
Let me know about any feedback on this. Will be a slower project for me, as I want to make the conversions look spectacular. I will even post updates as it starts to come along.
Once I get a general idea of where to go with the army. I will try to design the army around it. As I see I can't go wrong with some boxes of zombies, dryads, and glade guard to begin with. As I will need lots of zombies anyways.
I hope I get a lot of responses to help me fill out the gaps.
Characters: Well these would be different Wood elf character models or just from the plastic kits, made to stand out more, especially during the painting.
Core:
Ghouls: Dryads
Zombies: Glade guard, with zombie kit bash
Skeletons: Glade guard, with skeleton kit bash, and possibly dark elf or high elf shields. I got a lot of unused spears though.
Dire Wolves: I really could not think of anything here. Just use the vampire wolves. Figured woods have wolves anyways.
Special:
Bat Swarm: The little sprites of the glade guard and dryad bits, might work. Probably just forget these.
Black Knights: Glade Riders. I think these will work best, and then with the dark elf or high elf shields. Would take some remolding though as they have bows.
Corpse Cart: I am drawing a blank on this. Might just replace the models with wood elf parts. The unit seems very interesting to use.
Crypt Horrors: Wood Elf treekin for these
Fell Bats: The wood elf war eagles with some modding would work well I think.
Grave Guard: This one I was thinking eternal guard, and switch around weapons for how the unit was equipped. They are the most heavily armored wood elf infantry I am seeing.
Hexwraiths: Back to Glade riders or Wind riders.
Spirit Hosts: Got a few ideas on this. Dryads, and or glade guard, to look disembodied.
Varghiest: Drawing a blank hear.
Rare:
Black Coach: No idea.
Blood Knights: The wood elf calvary again. Would want to make look more armored though.
Carin Wraith: I am sure one of the wood elf characters make a great one.
Mortis Engine: Nothing in the wood elf line would make sense. So would need wood elf bits on it.
Terrorghist: This one I thought about the treekin the big one. Then I was why not the green dragon, just don't use the character models. Then make them banshees or something.
Vargulf: No idea.