• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.
Apr 24, 2009
Behind you!
Thankyou. :)

When first reading, I have discovered, he can seem rather over-powered. It seems that when people read over the D6 things, in their minds they accumulate the bonuses. If you averaged out the points cost of the weapon, for example, according to the guide it should only cost 30 points. The only area he truly excells is in summoning, and for that he does deserve a major points boost.

I'm thinking something like 300 or 350? This is 100 or 150 points more than a vampire with no magic weapons or vampiric powers, and I think that's about right. Do you agree?

Oct 11, 2009
Lord Varian Von Carstein

M6/ WS7/BS5/S5/T5/W3/I7/A5/LD10

Equipment
- Varians Fang
- The Shadowhof Ring
- The Falyed Hauberk

Lord Varian von Carstein takes up one lord choice, must be the general in your army and you can only have one Varian in your army

Vampiric Powers- Aura of Dark Majesty, Infinate Hatred, and walking death

Varian is a lvl 2 wizard who knows spells from the lore of vampires( thats it right??)

Varians Fang- same as blood drinker except it can take your wound count over your original wounds ( can get more than 3 wounds)

The Shadowhof Ring- the ring is a twin of the von carstein ring, but gives the wearer the power to see the future, when hit varian can roll a D6, on a 4+ Varian dodges the attack( he isnt hit).

Special Rules

Undead

Vampire

Sly as a fox - Varian is a ruthless fighter who tricks his opponants into making a mistake, when fighting he gains + 1 attack ( already included in his profile)

Death to the Usurper!!- Varian can never be included in an army with Count Manfred ( he can be in an army with manfred the acolyte because that was before he took control)

Oops, sorry- Varian is a reckless( and sloppy) sorcerrer, if he miscast's twice in a row roll on this table

1- Arghh- Varian lose's one wound he cant heal
2- my bad- The unit Varian is in lose's D3 wounds, if he isnt in a unit then pick a unit in line of sight
3- ouch- Varian lose's one wound he can heal
4- Ummm- Varian cannot cast the spell he miscasted on for D3 turns
5- Whew- Varian is not effected ( no effect)
6- Ooooh, shiny- Varian is not effected and he gains a dispel token ( dispel scroll)

Dont have a points cost

Hope you like it, if its to powerful please tell me

TMS

Staff member
True Blood
Nov 26, 2008
Sweden
Looks like a fair set of rules Silar, but this specific part has me a bit confused..

Lord Silar Von Carstein said:
Oops, sorry- Varian is a reckless( and sloppy) sorcerrer, if he miscast's twice in a row roll on this table

1- Arghh- Varian lose's one wound he cant heal
2- my bad- The unit Varian is in lose's D3 wounds, if he isnt in a unit then pick a unit in line of sight
3- ouch- Varian lose's one wound he can heal
4- Ummm- Varian cannot cast the spell he miscasted on for D3 turns
5- Whew- Varian is not effected ( no effect)
6- Ooooh, shiny- Varian is not effected and he gains a dispel token ( dispel scroll)

Seems like a whimsical addition that will only rarely have any sort of effect on a game. Miscasting twice in a row (as in casting two spells in the same turn and miscasting on both) isn't exactly a realistic occurrence. The D6 table is also a bit strange, though that might be because of the "Arghh" and "Ummm" type of headlines messing with me. :tongue:

Oct 11, 2009
yeah it was but ive updated his rules now and i think they are a bit better

Lord Varian von Carstein
M6/ WS7/BS5/S5/T5/W3/I7/A5/LD10

Equipment
- Varians Fang
- The Shadowhof Ring
- The Falyed Hauberk

Lord Varian von Carstein takes up one lord choice, must be the general in your army and you can only have one Varian in your army

Vampiric Powers- Aura of Dark Majesty, Infinate Hatred, and walking death

Varian is a lvl 2 wizard who knows spells from the lore of vampires( thats it right??)

Varians Fang- same as blood drinker except it can take your wound count over your original wounds ( can get more than 3 wounds)

The Shadowhof Ring- the ring is a twin of the von carstein ring, but gives the wearer the power to see the future, when hit varian can roll a D6, on a 4+ Varian dodges the attack( he isnt hit).

Special Rules

Undead

Vampire

Sly as a fox - Varian is a ruthless fighter who tricks his opponants into making a mistake, when fighting he gains + 1 attack ( already included in his profile)

Death to the Usurper!!- Varian can never be included in an army with Count Manfred ( he can be in an army with manfred the acolyte because that was before he took control)

The old ways are best

Varian doesnt use 'normal'magic but use's an ancient blood magic. for every would he cause's he gains a blood token, a blood token allows him to attempt to cast 1 spell that he knows ( one for each token).

I like this last one as its a bit different ( its fun to play) so once agai tell me what you think.

Jul 2, 2009
Utah, USA
The Shadow, about 600 Pts?
Please help me with point costs, and advice.
"It is a creature spoken of only in whispers, a creature of nightmare that one cannot out run. Few know where it comes from how it can be used by others, and those that do know tell no one. Its history is shrouded in mystery, said to have first been created by Nagash using his foulest magics and a thousand tortured souls burned to ashes. He then combined the ashes with the lost and tortured souls into a single entity. A creature so evil it is said only Nagash himself had complete control over it. But a few powerful or foolish vampires have used its power, but usually at a great cost."
2 Rare, and a 1 Hero
M8, Ws6, Bs0, S8, T5, W5, I8, A2, Ld8
Special Rules: Eternal Hatred, Unbreakable, Large Target, Undead, Ethereal
Unimaginable Horror: Terror, also all enemy units within 12" suffer a -2 to Leadership.
Stuff of Shadows: 5+ ward save, the Shadow treats all difficult terrain as normal terrain.
Dark Claws: The Shadows attacks count as magical
Consume Army: 1d6 units per turn are affected (chosen by user of the Shadow), roll a d3 for each of these units; this is how many are consumed. These models are treated as killed. Also enemies receive VP for the models slain.

Onikaigo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
May 17, 2008
Germany
Heh. I've been reading through these, and I'm thinking to myself, "Why make a Lord? I'd be a Hero choice!"

A support hero, I think. We can't all be Lords.

Must be fielded as Shown.

Me!
Wight King Legend (Had to throw that in there)
May -not- be the army general.
May be the Battle standard Bearer, but may not take a magical standard.

M WS BS S T W I A LD
4-5---0--4-5-3-4-4-9

May be Mounted on a skeletal steed w/ or w/o barding. Cost same as VC book.

Equipment:
Sword of Kings (As per VC book)
Armor of the Ages (See below)
Vambrace of Unholy Strength(See Below)

Fluted Heavy Armor- Counts as Full Plate, combines with the Shield to give a 3+ AS. In addition, the Armor provides immunity to killing blow.
Vambrace of Strength- Grants +1 Strength. Every round of close combat roll a D6, on a roll of a 1, I take a strength 3 hit with no armor saves allowed as the vambraces constrict.

Special Rules:
Independence: After centuries of Unlife and contact with the necromantic winds, I have become Sentient. I count as a Vampire, but am not a Wizard. Thus, I may allow units to March within 6 inches.

Inborn Authority: The March Radius is akin to that of the army general. Units within 12 inches of me may march.

Tactical Acumen: After deployment, before scout moves and first turn, one Black Knight unit from my army list may be redeployed in any legal area in my deployment zone.
-------------------------------------------------------

This is what I'd be if I was undead, and bound to someone elses will that happened to get their head chopped off and leave me close enough to the necromantic wellspring so that I could eventually be imbued with my old intelligence. 8-) A lot of I'fs, but It's fun to think about.

No good with points costs either.... +1 WS, +1 A, Full plate + Immunity to KB, consumable +1 S, Independance, the extended March Range, and the redeployment ability..... It sounds like a lot, but it's all small changes, Sans redeployment.

Berras

Zombie
Nov 19, 2009
The Ghoul King
this one is based on a real character from the VC army book. However, I have forgotten the name of this particular ghoul.
Uses Lord slot
M5, WS6, S5, T6, W3, I5, A5, LD7

poisoned attacks

The Ghoul King is a lvl 3 wizard and knows 2 spells from the lore of vampires in addition to invocation of nehek (I know, weird thing, but he still isn't that good at learning)

Scepter of the feast
This dark scepter, imbued with incantations can make any sane man grow mad with bloodlust.
bound spell, power lvl3
cast on any unit within 12". The unit now acts as though it had frenzy until the end of the following magic phase. However, they do not have the extra attack.

Bone armor.
This armor was made from the body's of the enemies fallen before the ghoul king.
light armour, confers a 6+ ward save.

Berras

Zombie
Nov 19, 2009
gorfang can't be made with the powers, well, you can make half of him, but not the complete gorfang, I tried, didn't succeed

Jul 2, 2009
Utah, USA
Heres my character, I got the idea from Inkheart
The Shadow, 500 Pts
"It is a creature spoken of only in whispers, a creature of nightmare that one cannot out run. Few know where it comes from how it can be used by others, and those that do tell no one. Its history is shrouded in mystery, said to have first been created by Nagash using his foulest magics and a thousand tortured souls burned to ashes. He then combined the ashes with the lost and tortured souls into a single entity. A creature so evil it is said only Nagash himself had complete control over it. But a few powerful or foolish vampires have used its power, but always at a great cost."
1 Rare, and a 1 Hero

M8, Ws6, Bs0, S8, T5, W3, I8, A2, Ld8
Special Rules: Eternal Hatred, Unbreakable, Large Target, Undead, Ethereal
Unimaginable Horror: Terror, also all enemy units within 12" suffer a -2 to Leadership.
Stuff of Shadows: 5+ ward save, the Shadow treats all difficult terrain as normal terrain.
Dark Claws: The Shadows attacks count as magical
Consume Army: 1 core or special unit per turn are affected (chosen by user of the Shadow), roll a d3 for the unit chosen, except cavalry which only lose one model; this is how many are consumed. These models are treated as killed. Also enemies receive VP for the models slain.
If someone can play test my character I would most appreciate it.

Evanm7

Grave Guard
Nov 14, 2009
Rick, the Moonbeam. Full Grown.

M 7/WS 4/BS 6/S 4/T 4/W 2/I 8/A 4/Ld 0*&
*& Rick is immune to psychology. Rick may not be the army general.

Choices: Hero and Special.
Weapons: The Moonbow, The Moonite Scimitar.
Armour: The Shadow Armor, The Pessin.
Magic: Level 3. Can use Lore of Vampires, Lore of Nagash, Lore of Industry*.
* Lore of Fire and Gold. If you roll 1, you can choose 1 in Gold or Fire, and so on...

SPECIAL RULES

Undead, Vampire.
Bloodline Powers:
Summon Zombies.

Mortim: Rick can reroll failed Industry spells.

Ice Bone: Rick has a 6+ Ward Save.

Better than you!: Rick can add one wound if your enemy has more wounds than Rick.

MoonLight Specters.
M */WS 2/BS 2/S 2/T 2/W 1/I 0/A 1/Ld 7
*Moves the same as Rick
5-10.
10 points.
Ice Blades: Double all wounds dealt.
Unfound: Moonlight Specters are killed if targeted by lightning-based spells.
Ref-orm:On each Movement phase, a new moonlight specter is formed in BTB contact with Rick. This cannot bring specters above their starting number.
Linked: These must be taken if Rick is in you army.

MAGIC ITEMS
The MoonBow.
1+ to hit, disregards long range.

The Moonite Scimitar.
You can choose to use on of the two blades, you may change anytime.
  • The Moon: Against Etheral or Undead creatures, you may reroll to hit. Flaming attacks.
  • The Reflection: You may use the General's stats for Rick. If Rick's

The Pessin.
4+ Armor Save.

The Shadow Armor.
Rick is a Scout, as per the BSB.

Feedback, Points?

Questioner

Wight King
Jan 9, 2010
I have decided to create a combat character, with a little magic

Haven't thought of name yet- im no good at them. Takes up Lord slot. Points: 480

M6 - WS6 - BS6 - S5 - T5 - W4 - I7 - A5 (6) - Ld10

Equipment: Blood Drinker, Armour of Eternal War, Ring of Death, shield.

Special rules: Vampire, Undead,

Armour of Eternal War: Heavy Armour, 4+ ward save. gives wearer and all friendly units within 12" the Frenzy rule, and +1 attack. Also gives Regeneration.

Ring of Death: Bound spell with power level 3. Casts Soul Stealer (Lore of Death)

Magic: Level 2 wizard. Knows Invocation of Nehek and 2 other spells from Lore of Vampires.

Vampiric Powers: Red Fury, Infinite Hatred, Supernatural Horror

Jan 20, 2010
Here's my character.

General: Xalden, The soul seer. (Von Carstein bloodline)
Birthplace: Sylvania.
Age and date of siring: Year 0712, Age 1810.

The Vampire that he was sired: Vashanesh himself. Though he, along with the vampires he has sired have kept their bloodline secret from all vampiric and living outsiders for safety and security measures. Not even Mannfred knows of the bloodline he sired from. He just assumes Xaldien is a Necrarch because of his powerful arcane skills, secretive nature and breeding experimentations (you'll see what I mean when I post my painting blog). Though his use of living warriors baffles him somewhat.

His personal unit: The Soul Seers (Grave Guard)These Wights were his elite bodyguards when he was living. In order to continue serving Xaldien they were to be resurrected as wights when they died.

His Lieutenant and most loyal companion: Haldeir Von carstein (Xalden gave him his blood kiss in Year 1447. This was due to Haldeir’s unbreakable loyalty to him, his master and his amazing process on the fields of warfare).
Skills and personalities:
-Very skilled swordsman.
-Xalden has a fondness of exploration.
-Is quite unforgiving to failure.
-Skilled arcanist
-Extremely fast.
-Has a love of wine
-A good manipulator
-Highly respected by his living sylvanian levy, Worshipping Cultists and undead hosts
-Masterful control on the undead (Skellies retain a higher proportion of their original personality and skills than they normally would when he summons them).
-One thing Xaldien respects above all else is power. He respects the dark powers that out match his and will willingly serve them (Until of course he rises above them).
-Over the decades Xaldien had eventually managed to form a mutual alliance between the powers of chaos. The reason for this is for he knows it is much wiser to have them as an ally than as an enemy. Plus having access to their formidable warriors and monstrosities can really add some punch to his forces, if needed.
Though tensions can commonly arise between the two forces, a quick deheading or ten will usually restore order.

The population of Xaldien’s fortress.
-5,000+ Crafted Zombies
-2,500+ Skeleton Soldiers
-1,000+ Skeleton Bowmen
-1,000+ Sylvanian Levy (Archers, Hunters, Warriors, Crossbowmen, Captains) (They live in the town bordering the Fortress.)
-10,000+ Grave Guard
-127 Original Soul Seers (Number began at 175)
-500+ Soul Seers
-2,000+ Black Knights
-7,000+ Xaldien’s Cultists (Warriors, Sorcerers, Worshippers etc)
-1,000+ Ghouls (In the neighbouring Forests)
-5,000+ Master Bred Ghouls (I.e more intelligent and disciplined Ghouls who have a much stronger control over their instinctual cravings.)
-30+ Necromancers
-30+ Wight Kings
-7 Vampires
-7 Original Soul Seer Wight Kings (Of the starting 9)
-12 Soul Seer Wight Kings
-1000+ Wraiths and Banshees
-200+ Dire Wolves

Allies:
- The warriors and Servants of Chaos.

Rules:

Lord: Xaldien the Soul Seer

M-6
Ws-8
Bs-6
S-5
T-5
W-4
I-9
A-4
Ld-10

Equipment: Two hand weapons, Heavy armour.

Magic: Xalden is a Lv 4 wizard who knows spells from the lore of Vampires.

Bloodline Powers: Aura of Dark Majesty, Walking Death, Shadow Form (Xalden can transform at will into a dark haze of energy that shapes to a raven. This allows him to fly) and The Lord of the dead powers.

Special Rules:
-Undead
-Vampire
-In tune with Necromancy: Xaldien ignores his first miscast, though the spell still fails.
-Highly respected: Xalden’s Ld range is increased to 18"
-Masterful control: All Skeleton units in the army have +1 Ws and Ld. They cost 1 pt extra per model.
-Breeding Experiments: Any Ghoul unit can be upgraded to Master-breed Ghouls for +3 pts per model. These Ghouls have +1 Ws and wear Heavy Armour. They also have the option of taking a Musician and a standard bearer for +4/8pts. You cannot have more Master-bred Ghoul units than normal Ghoul units.
-Xaldien’s Cultists:
Core
M-4
Ws-3
Bs-3
S-3
T-3
W-1
I-3
A-1
Ld-7

Equipment: Hand Weapon.
Unit size:10+
Options: May be given Light Armour for +1 pt per model
-May be given shields or additional hand weapons for +1 pt per model
-One unit per every normal Cultist unit may be upgraded to warriors for +2 pts. These Cultists have +1 Ws and +1 I.
-May be given Command: 4/8/8pts
-The Standard bearer can take a magic Banner worth upto 25pts.

Special Rules: Alive!, Worshipper of Xaldien: As long as a Xaldien is alive all Cultist units are Immune to panic.

-The Soul Seers: One unit of Grave Guard in the army are Xalden’s personal unit, the soul seers. These Grave Guard have Ws4, I4, Ld8, costs 15pts each and have a Magic standard limit of 75pts instead of 50. In addition one Wight King in the army can become a Soul Seer. He has Ws 5, I 5, and costs 85pts.

cheers.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Nice character there Xalden. You might want to note however that Vlad is assumed by most players (inc myself) to actually be Vashanesh, who was the first von Carstein. So in that case your character would have to be the get of Vlad / Vashanesh.

Jan 20, 2010
Disciple of Nagash said:
Nice character there Xalden. You might want to note however that Vlad is assumed by most players (inc myself) to actually be Vashanesh, who was the first von Carstein. So in that case your character would have to be the get of Vlad / Vashanesh.

Cheers mate.
Yeah a read the Liber Necris again and have changed him somewhat to fit in better.

I'll just edit the changes.

cheers.

beeblicon

Black Knight
Dec 27, 2009
The Dreadlord

model ->http://www.reapermini.com/graphics/gallery/4/30010_g_1.jpg but with a lich like head and of course a throng of skeleton bodyguard to carry it

Walking the world before the writen word, few if any know of the one now known as the dreadlord. In his day he was known as Eldamar, a shaman of a small tribe of barbarians. Eldamar, like many from his day was among the first to walk along certain paths of magic, opening the way for others. Through his powers, Eldamar was able to force many tribal kings under his will, forcing them to serve him even after they died. These mortals became some of the first wight kings, and thier descendants are still unearthed and forced to serve dark wills to this day. All he conquered howerver, took a mighty toll, for in those days there were no trails, no roads, only wild untamed land, and many decades had passed and left eldamar an old man. Master of the black arts, the dreadlord refused to die, and with his knowledge of raising the dead under his control he constructed a great device known as a phylacetry. Through this device the dreadlord was able to store his soul and grant himself immortality, his body may rot and waste away but his will would live on to terrorise the land. Learning of these great atrocities, and no longer willing to be shackled to him in undead service many of his generals turned against him, and a great war ensued. Joining with his enemies were near all of the unconquered tribes, wishing to end this treat once and for all, The dreadlord was pushed back into his icy citadel, carved from the heart of a glacier, a place so cold that mortals fighting within would quickly exaust themselves to thier destruction. With his undead minions immune to the cold to guard him, the dreadlord could not be touched....the war was at a standstill. So it was that the remaining shamans of the united tribes combined thier powers to bring the glacier down upon the icy citadel, and freeze and entomb the lich king for what they hoped would be eternity.

These days however, rumours of dead marching down from the frozen mountains have been turning up, all ancient warriors of old, carrying banners and bearing iconography that no longer mean anything in this world.

M4
WS2
BS2
S2
T2
W3
I2
A2
LD10

The lich king is a level 4 wizard who knows all spells from the lore of vampires

Equipment:
Helm of Utter command
The lich kings Phylacetry
The staff of death

Helm of utter command - Said to be the first of its kind, this helm has a much different function than its modern counterpart. This helm allows the dreadlord to cast his spells through any of his wight kings. This means any spells with a range or line of sight may measure/check these from any wight in his army, at any time.

The lich kings Phylacetry - The throne the dreadlord sits on is his phylacetry, his spirit focus, and the dreadlord never leaves its perch. While upon the throne the lich king benefits from a 4+ ward save. Also, the throne is always carried by a unit of skeleton warriors, or mounted upon the back of a zombie dragon. When placing the unit the throne is always placed within the middle of the unit, and does not block line of sight to/from the dreadlord (as he sits high above them). While upon his throne the dreadlord never has to accept challenges, and suffers no ill affects for refusing them.

The staff of death - +1 to casting rolls, in a addition for each unsaved wound caused by the dreadlord the controlling placer may place 1 skeleton model either in the dreadlords own unit, or in a unit with a wight king from which the spell was drawn.

Evanm7

Grave Guard
Nov 14, 2009
Somewhere to post the rules for my VAMPIRE Lord, Krask, Lord of the Silver night.
KRASK, LORD OF THE SILVER NIGHT
A warrior of no small reknown, Krask is a Vampire of the Necrarch AND Von Carstien Bloodlines. Krask was fused with his master, who was a Von Carstien Vampire, while Krask was a Necrach. At night, Krask's armor starts to absorb moonlight. By the time it is day, the armor is charged with swirling white-silver energy.

Krask is a Vampire Lord and should be treated as such.
M-5
Ws-5
Bs-3
S-4
T-4
W-5
I-6
A-3
Ld- 9

Magic:
Krask is a level 4 Wizard who takes spells from the Lore of Vampires. Krask also deploys with the following spell:
Moonlight charged
Remains in play.
10+ to cast.
A ball of pure silver light starts to form in the casters hand, and the weave of life changes as the caster brings forth the power of the moon and dispels magic.
Any spells cast at Krask while this spell is in play are dispelled.

Equipment:
The sword of Sathak
This sword glows slightly, and a swarm of bats seems to always hover over the bearer's head. When charged, it turns pitch black and the bats hover over the wearers head.
Each kill Krask makes, the sword upgrades.
Code:
1 kill- Normal hand weapon.
2 kills- Killing blow, normal hand weapon.
3 kills- Above and Magical attacks.
4+ kills- Above and: All wounds dealt doubled on a 6+

The ruby of Sathak
Can be used in two ways:
1. As a power level 2D6 bound Steed of Shadows. Can be reused.
2. Every time Krask deals a wound, The ruby gains one charge. At five charges, put a blast template at Krask's base. Every model covered or partly covered takes a Strength five hit with no armor saves allowed, while Krask loses all charges and Kills on all equipment.

Heavight armor.
Can be used as either Heavy or Light armor. If light, +1 movement. If heavy, no bonus beside save.

Special Rules
Undead, Vampire, Fly, Cause terror in Empire units, Cause fear.

Points: I usually play him at 400, when you consider that he's a:
WS 5, M 5, AS 4+, Light and heavy army.
Breath weapon, usually has a weapon doubling on 6+, Killing Blow, Magical attacks,
Unlimited psuedo-self-dispel scrolls, he flies, he's a Vampire, immune to fear, causes terror in Empire, and fear in everything else, I think that's more then fair.
I broke that into chunks.

Views on Bloodlines:
Von Carstien: To interested in the petty world of humans, though very charmistic.
Lahmian: Sluts, but good for information.
Strigoi: Very useful when hunting down other Vampires.
Blood Dragon: The martial bloodline, very good and suspected best of Krask's army.
Necrarch: Views withholden.

Richie

Necromancer
Sep 1, 2007
In the biscuit cupboard
Here's Jakob, I thought about creating a profile for Amelia but she would be incredibly broken.

Jakob, angry and accidental Strigoi.

Jakob follows all the normal rules for Strigoi.

M...WS...BS...S...T...W...I...A...LD

Severed.
Jakob is completely severed from the dark arts and has never so much as been able to reserect a single spirit. However by the same token he has in the past shown and incredibly high resistance to magic and especially spells.

He has no magic level unlike other vampires, but generates 3 Dispel dice and has a magic resistance of 3.

Sharp talons
Jakob possesses and incredibly sharp set of talons even for a Strigoi that have no trouble piercing armour and scaley hide.

If Jakob rolls any 5+ to wound, the attack will ignore armour saves.

The master.
Many people have long debated whether Jakob indeed has his creators spirit trapped in his head or whether the long centuries have erroded his sanity leaving him with a split personality. Regardless of the truth however he is able to see and judge events almost as though his inner voice sees dangers before they happen.

Jakob's normal 5+ ward is increased to a 4+

Not a happy bunny
Three hundred years of being hunted, mained, shot, burned and run through have not left Jakob with a sunny disposition, as such he fights with a terrible amount of anger, especially against his more common enemies.

Jakob has the infinite hatred ability, in addition against chaos (mortals, demons and beasts) armies and other undead armies he may re-roll all failed attempts to wound as well. He may never be used in an army that contains any blood dragon vampires or in an allied army with any other undead of chaos army.

Curse of the revenant
Jakob has to feed frequently unlike other vampires and as he grows older and stronger his need for blood increases, the trade off however is an unmatched healing power as wounds close with almost as much speed as they were created.

Jakob has the regeneration ability, however unlike normal regneration he may make this save against flamming attacks.

Harland

The Colonel
True Blood
Feb 23, 2010
Right Behind you...
Harland - 750pts
Uses up two Lord slots.

Mv 6 - Ws 10 - Bs 0 - S 6 - T 5 - W 4 - I 7 - A 5 - Ld 10
Harland is a level 2 wizard and knows Invocation of Nehek and two spells from the lore of the vampires.

Equipement
The Black Axe
The Blood Red Armour

The Black Axe
This dread weapon has slain countless beings, from the
lowliest peasant to the mightiest king. It was forged from pure midnight, and sharpened on the altar of Khorne himself.

The Black Axe gives Killing Blow on a 5+, and two additional points of Strength (for a total of 8). In addition, the wielder may re-roll failed to wound rolls.
The Blood Red Armour
Harland has worn this armour for thousands of years, and it bears not a single scratch. Some say that its colour comes from millenia of violence and bloodshed.
Harland has a 1+ armour save and a 4+ ward save. In addition, the Blood Red Armour gives +1 toughness (for a total of 6).

Vampiric Powers
Harland has Red Fury, Infinite Hatred and Aura of Dark Majesty.

Special Rules
Hates Lizardmen
When fighting against Lizardmen, all units in his army gain hatred. Harland himself becomes frenzied (cumulative with the below effect).
Harland causes terror. In addition, if he is ever outnumbered by 10-to-one or more in a combat, he becomes frenzied. If this happens, his magic level is decreased to 0 as long as he remains frenzied, although he will also gain +1 strength, +2 movement, and an additional attack (for a total of 7).
The Flamethrower
Once per game, Harland may make a strength 5 flaming breath attack which ignores armour saves.

Harland is the ultimate combat vamp. However, he is no more than average at spellcasting, and his frenzy can be used to drag him around the board.

Ghostking

Zombie
Jul 8, 2010
I love these things, so I think I'll have a go here!

The Ghostking, Viktor von Averland, 475 points

Viktor takes up a Lord slot.

M..WS..BS..S..T..W..I..A..Ld

Wargear: Wraithsoul, the Ghostcrown
Bloodline Powers: Aura of Dark Majesty, Walking Death
Special Rules: Ethereal, Causes Terror, The Ghostly Court, Flicker of Humanity
Level 2 Wizard who knows Invocation of Nehek and two spells from the Lore of Vampires.

Wraithsoul: Wraithsoul is an ancient halberd that after the amount of undead it had put to rest in Viktor's mortal life, has become seeped in Dark Magic. Now, it grants him +2S rather than just +1. Also, he may choose to autohit everyone in base contact with him once instead of making his normal attacks.

The Ghostcrown: The Ghostcrown gives Viktor a 5+ ward save and MR (2).

The Ghostly Court: Viktor must be joined by a unit of Cairn Wraiths. These wraiths must also take a banshee, who has a 2+ ward save as long as Viktor is still alive. This is his daughter, Heidi, and she takes up a hero slot. She also prevents either Viktor or herself from crumbling, though the wraiths in the court still suffer.

Flicker of Humanity: At the beginning of each turn, Viktor must take a leadership test. If he fails, his humanity resurfaces, and in compassion towards his foes, he dispatches one of the wraiths in his court. The unit may may not move. If he is in combat, he need not take this test.

What do you think? Nasty character who isn't too OTT, and I tried to give him a fitting point value.

Bravo_10

Dark Lord of Eternal Sorrow
True Blood
Jul 26, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Here's my character modeled after the CEO of Games Workshop.

Games Workshop Executive

M WS BS S T W I A Ld
5 3 3 3 4 2 4 2 7

Equipment

The Executive is equipped with a hand weapon, shield, Brooks Brothers suit, and the Warhammer Fantasy Battle 9th Edition Rulebook.

Mount

The GW Executive may ride a Corpse Cart for its listed points value (and yes, it still counts against the points allowance for heroes).

Magic

GW Executive is a Level 2 wizard, but he knows only one spell that may be chosen from either the lore of vampires or any lore in the Warhammer Rulebook.

Special Rules

Undead, Master of the Book, Change the Magic Rules

Brooks Brothers Suit

The suit counts as light armor and thus confers a 6+ armor save. It is so fabulously styled and overpriced that opponents become distracted in marveling at its glory. Subtract 1 from the to-hit roll of any model that attacks it.

Change the Magic Rules

As stated before, the GW Executive knows only one spell. However, he can choose to either subtract D6 from its casting value or add D6 to any numeric value in the spell's effect (variable or fixed). This can make the Purple Sun travel artillery dice x3 +D6 inches, make the Gaze of Nagash do 3D6 hits, etc.

Master of the Book

The Executive possesses a draft of the 9th Edition Warhammer Core Rulebook! This book contains a bound spell of power level 5 with a range of 18". When cast, target a unit and roll a D6. Consult the following table and apply whichever effect was rolled:

1 -- OWNED!!! Due to a drastic oversight or lack of play testing, a unit has been made completely useless. Subtract 2 from M, WS, BS, S, T, W, I, A, and Ld of the selected unit and all others of the same name (i.e. skeleton warriors, greatswords, rat ogres, etc.) The minimum of all of these values is 1.

2-4 -- Nerfed! He who wields an army of cheese shall be undone, as do all who follow in his footsteps. Subtract 1 from either M, WS, BS, S, T, W, I, A, or LD of the selected unit and all others of the same name. The minimum of all of these values is 1.

5-6 -- MAX POWER!! Helping an army out gives Games Workshop chills. Simply nerf another army instead! Fairness shows no mercy. Your opponent may apply the "OWNED!!!" effect to any of your units.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu