• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Yourself! On a picture...

On the subject of speculation of history, what bugs me all the time is the 'stratification' of eras. New technologies took time to spread, and although some wealthy/ powerful individuals would have had the latest equipment and weaponry, it would be some years before that kind of expensive material was commonplace. So sneering at a peasant levy for not having the most exotic armour is as wildly inaccurate as machine guns at Agincourt. And it is reasonable to presume that the lower status troops would have the older, more worn equipment - not a hundred years out, but 10 or 20 is logical. At the same time, we should not accept the argument that ( and I quote ) " if the romans had it, the Saxons would have" . These were totally different cultures! Sorry to go off topic, now I'll look for some new pictures to put up.

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
I'm still waiting for the pics that @hairyjeff did promise! A very nice pic of a girl doesn't pay the debt! ...don't take me too seriously, I wasted much more money than which was good for beer today. Wheeeeee....

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
Hehe, that's cool. Once upon a time I tried larp (and yeah, I know that this has nothing to do with it ;) ), and had a chain mail myself. You definetely know what you did after a day wearing that stuff.

I n full kit, without weapons or shield, I'm carrying about 26 kilos. With the rest, maybe another 5-6. It shows after a long day! Which is partly why my doctor thought his blood pressure machine was crocked - he didn't think someone my age would be that fit!

These were taken at Sussex Bonfire events this year. The Bonfire/firework/drinking season in Sussex starts the first week of September and goes through every weekend until early December, the highlight being at Lewes on November 5th. The reenactments occur all over the country and europe at all times of year. I haven't been able to fight too much recently because of an injury, but I usually take to the field a few times each year. Next big one will be Hastings 2016 - 950th anniversary of the Norman invasion. I should get a couple in before that, but not sure. There are a couple of others on the forum who do it as well, so look out for their posts too.

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
It was sicka$$ cold yesterday, so I had to put on a little Mortal Kombat Scorpion refering...by accident, funnily.

proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi1353.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fq673%2FTheerteen%2FIMG_20170106_213149_zpsw37kpy1v.jpg&hash=470776ef9e7f3a1f43c5bcc535d8e269

And, a little late, but still the train hasn't left, Happy New Year folks! In this case, we were in Vienna at a friend's house over the holidays.
proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi1353.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fq673%2FTheerteen%2FIMG_20170101_000855_zpsjvzmy68r.jpg&hash=56b180b671963482266ebce055622a4a