Recent content by Rob Anyone

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!
  1. Rob Anyone

    What Fantasy Game to Play

    Personally I'm thinking I've continuing with Warhammer 8th. Is it also worth mentioning Mordheim? I know it's not the same as fantasy but it has the pros of being cheap (low model count), great fun and free rules. I'm seriously considering trying to give it a go if I can drum up some interest.
  2. Rob Anyone

    750 points for Beginner

    Cheers for the replies: Revised list: Lords: 185 points Master Necromancer (Master of Dead) Core: 240 points Skeleton Warriors x 20 (Full Command) Zombies x 20 (Banner + Musician) Dire Wolves x 5 Special: 315 points Grave Guard x 20 (Great Weapons, Full Command) Spirit Host Total = 740 points...
  3. Rob Anyone

    750 points for Beginner

    Thanks for all the advice I guess the problem seems to be the Grave Guard as a bit of a points sink. I could be wrong but I think a unit of 5 hexwraiths would take me over the limit on special choice? I also can't decide whether to sword + board my Grave Guard or not...? I have heard a lot of...
  4. Rob Anyone

    750 points for Beginner

    Thanks one and all for the replies, I appreciate that our core choices aren't great, but I obviously need to fill the 25% requirement (187.5), so I wasn't sure if there is a more efficient way of filling that requirement? In terms of special choices, I don't really want to invest in anything...
  5. Rob Anyone

    750 points for Beginner

    Hi all, I'm looking at putting a semi-competitive 750 point list together as a starting point for getting into Warhammer. I know traditionally we tend to struggle at low points but I've gone for 750 as: a) I haven't ever played fantasy before and haven't played 40k for nearly 10 years or so b)...
  6. Rob Anyone

    Spell book

    There is definitely an open book in the chaos space marine terminator lord box, not sure if that would be of any help to you..
  7. Rob Anyone

    Low Points Tactics (500-750) For a Beginner

    Thank you very much ALABASTER427 and PATRUNKENPHAT7 for your replies Just to clarify then; 1) Are great weapon grave guard less effective at low points? I'm guessing they have a tendency to draw a lot of fire? I think the temptation will be to move up to higher points once I can afford it. I'd...
  8. Rob Anyone

    Low Points Tactics (500-750) For a Beginner

    Hi, I'm looking at getting back into Fantasy after a long break from the hobby partly because it was my first love and secondly because it appears that GW is attempting to ruin 40k. I want to start playing at small points values to gain a grip on the aspects on the game and also because I...
  9. Rob Anyone

    Vampire Skin

    I apologise if this has be covered elsewhere, but I was wondering what people's recipe's for vampire skin are? I ask because I'm struggling to get the 'right' look i.e. the characteristic deathly pale. Pictures of the finished product or even better step by step would also be greatly...
  10. Rob Anyone

    Andy's rise of undead ,new pics of Krell W.I.P

    RE: Andy's rise of undead finished Crypt Horror and need help for further work Very impressive painting, could you give me a guide on how you achieved the colours on Krell, especially the bronze and red? :)
  11. Rob Anyone

    Grave Guard Beginner Help

    Hi one and all, Thanks for all the replies. My concern with the helm of commandment tactic is that at this level of points I can't really afford to bunker my vampire.... Any advice on how to tool him out more effectively is welcome :vampire3: Cheers for all the advice on the GG, now I can...
  12. Rob Anyone

    Grave Guard Beginner Help

    Heya, I was going to use the list below created by Bravo_10: Vampire Dark Acolyte Summon Ghouls Sword of Might Flayed Hauberk Dragonbane Gem Potion of Foolhardiness 195 Skeleton Warriors x20 Full Command Banner of Hellfire 190 Crypt Ghouls x14 Crypt Ghast 120 Grave Guard x20 Full Command...
  13. Rob Anyone

    Grave Guard Beginner Help

    Thanks for all the replies. Seeing as I don't know who I'll be regularly fighting as I'm moving soon, it sounds like it makes a lot of sense to take Great Weapons then. Cheers for all the advice!
  14. Rob Anyone

    Grave Guard Beginner Help

    Hi One and All, I'm sorry if this seems like a dumb topic. Having not played much Warhammer fantasy, I was wondering whether Great Weapons are a must for Grave Guard units? Do Grave Guard perform comparatively better with them than without? Cheers Al
  15. Rob Anyone

    1000pts Beginner Army

    Hi Guys, thanks for all the comments. Sorry for the delayed reply, have been very busy lately and not managed to get on here :(. I'm considering giving me Grave Guard a magic standard and was wondering what people have discovered to be the most effective choice? Secondly, is it worth buying an...

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu