An Evil Forest by the Sea.

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!
Very little painting lately as VERY busy with home, work, and family stuff but in clearing out my storeroom I did find a small binocular box stuffed full of old minis that I had thought lost or stolen for over 10 years. Including some orcs, a lotr troll, some dark elves, and old way watcheres. Here is a PIC of some long lost orcs which if I ever get the time I will give an updated coat of paint and post some new/better pics.
IMG_20140901_084249_zpsb3f0bf20.webp

Back when I painted them I had the idea that each orc would have its own skin tone, varying shades of green. Finding them was a real surprise as they have some sentimental value, and I love the weight of the old metal minis. Seems much more suitable for an orc I think.
 
Sorry no update but thought I would follow Borgnine's lead and announce a brief hiatus. Having a 2 year old toddler and a newborn currently, plus work, renovations, etc means I have little free time and even less energy to commit to hobbying.

Thus I will dust off my favourite coffin for a well deserved slumber. My minions will of course be keeping close watch on this site and thread, and have been given permission to post comments on my behalf until my return. ;) :vampire1:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Dragonet
Still really awesome Orc though mate, great use of blood as well as it seems you have not over done it like i have seen so many do.

Congratz on the littlin though mate, remember though the sooner you can get them base coating the sooner you can have your own painting studio. ;)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Dragonet
@Farmer7574: Last post in this plog was over 8 months ago, making this a case of Threadomancy. While we all enjoy @robtion's work, plogs that have been inactive for a longer period of time should not be brought back from sleep unless the owner wants it. It is also cruel as it gave me hope of an update.

Please check the date before posting. In situations like this one it is better to PM the plog owner.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Duke Danse Macabre
A very, very interesting model, this mounted vampiress. I must get it ;) Thanks @Shadespyre for pointing from where one can get it :thumbsup:

It's turning out very interesting. From where did you get the banner? And the creature on the front of the base - a cat? - what is it?

And BTW - I looked through your thread some time ago and couldn't comment because of threadomancy, but now I can! I find it very, very inspiring, especially right now that I'm trying to shift my army more forest-y. It was all wonderfull stuff before but now I can properly appreciate it, seeing how you deal with the forest themes yourself. Good luck on the vampiress!
 
  • Like
Reactions: robtion
@Adam_Barrow Yep. The challenges are helping boost my motivation. All the bits I added kept falling off (glue was a bit old perhaps?) so I will add them at the end.

@Shadespyre Yep. I just really like the horse so had to get it.

@Borgnine Yes a great model that was out of stock for a long time but has since been re-stocked. There is also an on foot version of the same Vampiress.The banner is from the RANGING Heroes Blood Vestals. The giant rat is from Malifaux. Link
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=...hXHYqYKHf52AU0Q_AUIBygB#imgrc=75eiGmCp1An4LM:

Thanks for the praise, I'm sure whatever you do with your army will look great. You have some of the best VC models I have ever seen :thumbsup:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Dragonet
I'd also like to say in case I forgot to already, this thread has been a real inspiration for me too, thanks Robtion! Hopefully I'll get round to doing one of my own one day...
 
  • Like
Reactions: robtion
My challenge entry:

Miss Muffet on her Tuffet (or Vampiress on Abyssal Terror).

Among the oldest of trees, for millennia the great redwood flourished under the care of a coterie of fair dryads. As the corruption slowly spread its tendrils through the forest, one by one the the nymphs perished, their number dwindling to a solitary guardian. Enraged by the evil invading its home, and vitalised by the spirits of the fallen maidens the tree awoke. For almost a century, side be side the ancient treeman and its dryad companion fought, before finally succumbing to the darkness.

To this day the pair roam the Dark Woods, an unnatural parody of their former selves. A hollow, ever smouldering stump is all that remains of the once towering treeman, limbs all but gone save two stubby yet powerful legs, its crooked, gaping maw choked with the skeletal remains of its enemies. Lounging atop the charred bole the tortured form of the once dryad is wracked by spasms and tics, its vampiric mind a tangle, wavering continually between hate and shame. Her lithe yet voluptuous figure is as incongruous as her psyche, matted with all manner of filth and spattered with blood.

pixlr_20160206160801066_zpsixc6oors.webp
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Borgnine
@Dragonet Thanks, that's really cool to hear. I like the thought of inspiring creativity. I will keep an eye out for your plog ;)

@ObliviJohn Thanks. Glad you like it. Definitely staying in 8th, not a fan of the 'reboot'. The truth is I rarely play as the people I play with live far away now and we all have little kids and jobs so the logistics make it very difficult.
So mostly just doing it for the fun of it at the moment.
 
April 2016 challenge entry.

Outcast on corpse carrier.

When the naive ogre first approached the Spire he was full of confidence, being among the brightest of his kind, and brimming with confidence. Not content with mastering only the traditional lores of his kin, he came to the Spire to learn from the grand necromancer and his disciples. The necromancer's of the Spire bared rotten teeth, accepted him into their ranks with cunning smiles, sniggering amongst themselves as the ogre struggled to endure their twisted hazing rituals.

Yet teach him they did, and so he suffered their brutality without protest, and before long found himself raising whole battalions of the undead in service of his new master. Too soon though did he learn the price for this new found power. For his kind were not meant to follow this path, and the dark magics of undeath took their toll upon him. He found he could no longer eat, and his body soon withered. His limbs became thin and weak, losing their once mighty bulk.

A contorted and frail wreck, the necromancer's of the Spire cackled with cruel delight as they flung him from the battlements. The fall would bring him no peace however, only serving to further rupture and disfigure his ruined body. So strong was the hold of his new master that even after this torment, he continues to serve.

IMG_20160408_165103_zpsjfipcxo4.webp

IMG_20160408_164914_zpsltcpahbu.webp

IMG_20160408_164813_zpsendzfbqe.webp
 
Hodor! Hodor!

In all seriousness, that is quite the unique take on a corpse cart, And I bet it looks really twisted on the table-top. Is that severed hand next to the ogre his little familiar?
 
@heavyfishcannon

Thanks. His familiar? Yes in a manner of speaking. There are FIVE of them though(SIX if you count his 'tongue'), can you spot them all?

The idea is that the severed hands crawl around carrying out the necromancer's bidding and generally keeping things in order. Things can get quite messy on a corpse cart so someone has to keep things tidy.

They also assist in disemboweling many of the corpses to match the ogres own injury. That's kind of just how he rolls and it's a bit of a theme if you look closely :konrad:
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu