Awesome creepy spirit hosts.

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!
Hi all,

Just been browsing the web and I came across this guys mean paint job on the new spirits. Take a look here:

http://bloodybeast.com/2014/10/spirit-hosts/

This guy has created a beautifully spooky appearance so that the spirits are giving off an unnatural light by reversing layers, it seems. I'm wandering how everyone would achieve this appearance?

I think I'd layer up from...

White > nihilakh or bahharoth blue > Lothern blue > altdorf blue > incubi darkness then maybe even a bit of black.

Let me know how you'd score this appearance and drop this guy a comment, his work is the bomb!

M

EDIT: Lothern blue, not loggers blue (Damn phone auto correct).
 
Last edited:
Like other have said, these are painted just like you would do fire, white in the deepest parts, and darker on the outside. Only you use a blue color for that.

I did pretty much the exact same color for my magical flame on my Hierotitan (picture). All you need to use is white, hawk turquoise, and black. Mix the turquoise with white and black for however many layers you want, pretty simple :)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Farmer7574
They look great. Seeing them I also thought, that one could use Wood Elf Dryads as spirit host. Paint them ghostly and clump them together on monster bases, and they would make great spirit hosts.
 
This March I finally got around to doing a spirit host and have recently completed the other two:

006UXiSwly1fiftb7z1lrj31040n2k52.webp


If anyone's still interested in replicating this scheme you can find a tutorial for them right HERE in my PLOG. @Eyeless
 
  • Like
Reactions: Eyeless
@Farmer7574 Amazing spirits! Unfortunately i have already settled with a theme for mine and i won't repaint them anytime soon :P however i'll still have a look at your tutorial and thanks for the tag. Great work man.
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu