• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Sception

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Sep 23, 2009
Yeah, that's me over there, too. I like the place well enough, though I have no particular relationship with the staff or moderators, so I can't say if they'd be interested in cross-promotion.

Cela Shyish

Grave Guard
Dec 14, 2012
I just saw this announcement I think yesterday or the day before in my email but only just got chance to open this up <3 Funny timing cos I only just looked at Warhammer again for the first time in like 2 years XD

I actually already loved Age of Sigmar and have been loving the attention undead have received. So I hope to see this site grow again!

For my part I'll probably try to revive my old painting log, though I've not done any painting in like 2-3 years so probably not gonna be anything worth seeing XD

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
El Syf / Sception - ok, cheers for the info. I'll have a chat with them. Anyone got a list of the forums which are still active? Would be good to re-enable our old cross promotion agreement

Cela Shyish - Great to have you back on the forum! 😁 I for one would love to see your painting log, so please do resurrect it!

Raven Torrid

Staff member
Sep 3, 2011
Croatia
@Disciple of Nagash and everyone who might be interested - The Golden Bat Index Thread is up in the painting logs subforum! The Golden Bat Competition Index Thead - Carpe Noctem

If you have any suggestions, let me know. 🙂

The Hall of Fame image link gets resized even though it shows in full size in the preview. I'm guessing the image is too big. I'll probably split it into few smaller images, but until then I provided a link to the full size image as well.

@Sception One of the winning entries is your Ezekyle Abaddon but unfortunately the image links got broken. If you could provide a few images of the entry so I can add them, that'd be great. 😃

Last edited:

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
@Raven Torrid - Wow! To say I'm impressed is an understatement. The work you have put into that is very, very much appreciated, and it was amazing looking over the previous competitions. I forgot how big the competition actually got! It was huge! 😁

I'm going to have to look at running it again aren't I? Once we've got the new themes stable and I've got some agreements set-up with the other remaining forums, I'll look at what I can set-up

And yes - the medals will be coming back!

One thing we are missing though is our own artist! My skills in that area is sorely lacking.

• Love
Reactions: Raven Torrid

Raven Torrid

Staff member
Sep 3, 2011
Croatia
@Disciple of Nagash - Thank you! It was a pleasure, and compiling it was quite a ride down the memory lane indeed! And yup, 2012 and 2014 were especially epic. 😃

I'm going to have to look at running it again aren't I? Once we've got the new themes stable and I've got some agreements set-up with the other remaining forums, I'll look at what I can set-up

That would be great indeed, it's too good of a tradition not to come back! 😁 To be honest, I was low-key hoping the thread would have a nostalgia infused motivating effect on both the organization and participants, so that our beloved competition may return one day. 😊

And yes - the medals will be coming back!

One thing we are missing though is our own artist! My skills in that area is sorely lacking.

Since my last work on the current Golden Bat medals and Forum medals I have been somewhat dabbling in 3D Modelling (Blender). I was planning on trying to improve my Forum medal banner concepts (LINK) in 3D for more textures, shadows, etc., thus why I asked recently if there are any plans to revitalize that idea. I can't promise great speed or great skill, but I'd like to contribute if I can. If you manage to find a proper artist tho, I'll gladly help with the ideas. 😉

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Jan 28, 2012
I have not kept up very well with WHFB, but have fond memories of CN and a bit more time on my hands than I used to. I'll keep frequenting the boards, but I'd be particularly glad to contribute to another RP, especially a soft/hard reboot of TVC II. We might need more numbers for that - and it might also be wiser to start with a smaller-scale RP to bring new blood in. I wouldn't mind trying my hand at something like a VAU if there was enough interest, but it seems the RP community is spread thinner across boards like these than it used to be. Perhaps a few notifications on similar forums could help?

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
@The Dread King! Brilliant to see you back 😁

Don't worry, I didn't keep up that well either, but CN has always been about community, lore and roleplays as much as the models and game itself.

I would certainly welcome some help in getting the lore and RP sections going again. The TVC of course is not far from my mind, but I agree we need to get more activity maybe...or maybe not. It did start very small with just myself and @Simon von Carstein before so maybe we could do something like that again, a collaboration to start with?

A VAU is always fun! We're starting to reach out to some forums, we've got partnerships with facebook groups and I could include it in weekly round-up. So I think that is a cracking place to start

Sception

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Sep 23, 2009
@Sception One of the winning entries is your Ezekyle Abaddon but unfortunately the image links got broken. If you could provide a few images of the entry so I can add them, that'd be great. 😃

Can't be? I don't have a painted Abaddon... unless you mean my old Abaddon converted with bits of plastic termie lord and the 2e abaddon model and the icon from a defiler, long before the current abaddon was released? In that case, I'm sad to say the model no longer exists. It was hacked apart to re-convert into something else after the current abaddon model was released.

Raven Torrid

Staff member
Sep 3, 2011
Croatia
Can't be? I don't have a painted Abaddon... unless you mean my old Abaddon converted with bits of plastic termie lord and the 2e abaddon model and the icon from a defiler, long before the current abaddon was released? In that case, I'm sad to say the model no longer exists. It was hacked apart to re-convert into something else after the current abaddon model was released.

Guess that's the one, as I said the links are broken so I don't know how it looked actually. 😁 But the competition was in 2012, long before the new Abaddon so that should be it:

Screenshot_4.jpg

Not even original photos from back in the day exist?

Sception

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Sep 23, 2009
Not even original photos from back in the day exist?
Not that I've been able to find. All that stuff was stored on photobucket and has been long since purged. Unless... when did I start my tumblr sideblog for minis stuff?

Oh! Success!

abby1.jpg

abby3.jpg
abby2.jpg

abby4.jpg

Not the best pictures, but this was the model. I was honestly pretty proud of this guy. I really should have waited until my new abaddon was fully painted before ripping this guy apart to reconvert him back into a regular chaos termie lord. These pictures really don't do the daemon sword's blueish, greenish, purplish paint job any justice at all.

MedMos

Skeleton
Sep 15, 2015
Møn
Got a few mails, so jumped in here again. I never were the most active and I don't play WHFB anymore (for lack of opponents, not interest), but I do have some miniatures that still could use some paint. Plus I have plans for a Frostgrave Necromancer warband, that could be shared here as well I imagine? Just to get some blood flowing... 🦇

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Great to see you again MedMos! Don't worry, many players are not "active" players, but still love the lore, community or just painting etc. So you are more than welcome here! You can certainly share your Frostgrave Necromancers here, look forward to seeing them 😁

Reactions: MedMos

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu