• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Gederas

Skeleton
Jun 15, 2021
I like both the purple and red versions. Unsure if there's a way to get a more claret/deep red? I'd also personally recommend a darker purple, imo

Also: Those banners need to cycle on the top of the forum's page (see: Lustria Online). Those are beautiful.

Oppenheimer

Crypt Horror
May 26, 2013
The different grey behind the regular text helps a lot for cell phone use. You could change it from grey at all to white though, like the word "Latest Posts" instead of they grey for "Latest: Disciple of Nagash" for the easiest ability to read.
I agree that a darker red or purple background would be preferable, as long as the text on it was also bright white then I think a slightly darker colour wouldn't be a problem.

Last edited:

Raven Torrid

Staff member
Sep 3, 2011
Croatia
I very much prefer the red one. Wouldn't mind if red and light grey on it would be a tad darker, but that's a personal preference. While I do like purple as a colour, I just don't identify it that much with CN or VC. Like Kassill said, red one has that Carpe Noctem feel to it. :)

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Ok, so I'll see what I can with the red one. Its getting the right contrast that's the challenge, but I've got some ideas...

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Ok, I've installed it, but I feel it needs more work. However (working in software development) I understand the benefit of iterating and getting user feedback!

So the theme is enabled if you go to the bottom, you should see the a little piece of text in the bottom corner which says Vampire Counts, and see the other themes, including the new one "Dark Red" - alternatively here's the link: Dark Red
\

There will be a light one shortly as well, but any thoughts appreciated (be gentle!). There are probably limits to what I can do, I'm not a developer directly.

I love the idea of rotating through banners, but I need to figure out how to do that

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
So after using the theme today it certainly needs more work. I'm struggling to pick some things out, I think the grey needs to be darker. Any feedback from anyone else who gave it a go?

Raven Torrid

Staff member
Sep 3, 2011
Croatia
So after using the theme today it certainly needs more work. I'm struggling to pick some things out, I think the grey needs to be darker. Any feedback from anyone else who gave it a go?

I agree on the grey. Also the combination of light grey and pure white (255,255,255) is a bit too bright for me, almost radiating. In general I think that white text is too hard on the eyes due to high contrast.

I think the darker grey used on the avatar section works better, even with white text:

Screenshot_4.jpg

I've combined that darker grey with light grey text and white text for reference:

?hash=a22ec4e2b7a265161df6fabb9b583475.jpg

Example.jpg

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
I've made a lot of progress, feel free to have a look by selecting this link: Style and then selecting the Dark Red theme. Any feedback much appreciated!

Reactions: Kassill

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
No feedback?

I've now been looking at options for the light version whilst not trying to have it turn out boring, and I had a thought. What if I do it so the post looks like it was written on parchment? A lot lighter, dark text etc. What do you think @The Sun King?

Grave Tacticus

Staff member
Jul 26, 2020
Utah
No feedback?

I've now been looking at options for the light version whilst not trying to have it turn out boring, and I had a thought. What if I do it so the post looks like it was written on parchment? A lot lighter, dark text etc. What do you think @The Sun King?
That could turn out well.

As far as the Dark Theme is concerned, the only trouble I have with it, and this might just be how my computer is set up, is that the navigation title text is a little blurry and all the highlighted red text is pixilated.

Raven Torrid

Staff member
Sep 3, 2011
Croatia
I'm really liking how the Dark Red theme is coming along, the colours are really pleasant to look at.
The only "trouble" I have is noticing the threads with new responses (bold title text). But it happens on the Vampire Counts theme as well, although less, so maybe I need glasses. 🤓

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu