• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

CN UK Meetup?

Ophidicus

Vampire Count
True Blood
Aye. Nottingham has the advantage of being virtually equidistant from everywhere in England, and easily accessible from most major train routes.

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Hmm, we have a few people interested, but not many really.

I was thinking, what would people think of the following:

• Arrange an inter-forum meet. So we approach the other various forums, see who is interested.
  • We could then arrange it for one weekend, probably in Nottingham with it being central.
  • Over the two days we could have an inter-forum tourney (maybe select a set number of people per forum depending on interest).
  • Maybe even have some kind of showcase / painting comp?

Does that sound like a silly idea?

Ossai

Skeleton
An inter forum tourney would be cool.

I Would take my Dwarfs, as they are the only army I have anywhere near 2000 points painted xD

Capt Rubber Ducky

Vampire Count
True Blood
I say challange another (around the same size forum) to a giant battle :vampire3: then we don't have the everybody brings vampires problem.

Dreadgrass

Necromancer
Aww Chaos, as a QLDer I'm appalled at your statement! lol

Just cause I don't go in for fleecy underwear doesn't make me a bad person :tongue:

In all seriousness, and a slightly abstracted note. A location based Online game between the Aussies and NZers, (and any other taggers on) VS the UK crowd could be cool...

Annie

Grave Guard
Good idea DoN, although I'd only be able to do the Sunday as I'm needed on Saturdays! As I said though, I'm happy to turn up army-less and drink copius aounts of booze..

Lets face it, if we are gonna do a mega battle, it has to be Mannfred vs Empire round 2 - we can rewrite warhammer lore as the vampires slowly spread from sylvania accross the world - (Cue evil laughing)

Evil Clown

Black Knight
A forum meetup would be great, I'd definitely come... The UE had one two years back at warhammer world, wouldn't mind going there again :cool:

I live in the Netherlands, so not too far and I go to the UK every summer anyway.

Greetz :clown:

Annie

Grave Guard
me, so long as I'm not festivalling/serious travel plans far away.... let me know the date and I can work around it...

ironlord

Black Knight
*wanders into the thread in a kilt waving the Scottish Lion Rampant*

A UK meet up?
Sounds interesting.
I think warhammer world would be the best idea, I am currently unemployed so its not like I have anything holding me back...
But with DoN there the risk of roofies increases exponentialy...

I live in manchester. Only just started on thses forums so might be good to get to know people.

I'd be interested in coming along. I like the idea of the inter-forum meet up as well - that would be pretty cool, especially if we went to Warhammer world and got some games in as DoN suggested.

So long as I have enough notice, I could get time off work...

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
When I get some time I will have to visit the other forums to ask then.....unless some else wants to act as CN's ambassador?;)

ironlord

Black Knight
i am too sleepy and lack the authority/energy to make things happen

of course I would be more energetic if you would stop slipping me ruffies

Skaramak von Carstein

Vampire Count
True Blood
I'd be interested, timing and notice dependant. I am in the UK intermittantly for work, so although bringing an army would not likely be possible (maybe a Mordheim warband at best), and certainly could not manage my zombie hoard.

Notts would also be nice - visits to my old college days haunts like the Trip, and to GW as well.

I for one (having recently elbowed my way through to snuggle up to CN's bosom of goodness) would love to come and play a game or two. A forum meetup would be the best way to do it, as there will likely to be some cash involved somewhere and the more people to split that between the better. then we have to figure out stuff liek places for people to stay if its over night and waaagghhh( I've turned orcy) so much stuff to organise :tongue:

A regular theme seems to be : "I'd love to come but I'm not sure I can bring that many miniatures". This would mean a normal battle idea is probably off the cards, as many people want to come up but can't bring their armiers..

And nottingham gets my vote too, Unless ye wish to wade through the wetlands of Norfolk to come to me ^.^

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
It lookslike everyone wants to go to Notts which sounds good. But still no idea on whether we should try and make this an inter-forum thing?

On the same note, who is going to games day? Its an event a lot of people are attending anyway, we should organise something for that as well.

Disciple of Nagash if you decide to make it an inter-forum thing you might want to send a message to King Ulrik Flamebeard over on Librarium-Online since LO have been running an annual meet for 6 years now at Warhammer World. Here's a link with this years details.

http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/uk-meet-ups/189521-lo-meet-2010-information.html

Australia is the place to be you know ya wanna visit.

interesting fact 70% of travlers from the uk decide to live in australia after visiting!
:happy: