• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
Considering the current season, the winner of the previous installment of our little competition proposed a very special one called "A Christmas Carol" - as he described it: "basically anything you want that you can describe with a popular Christmas song title" - so the playing field for creativity is quite big! It may be an undead model, a non-undead model, terrain piece, gaming accessory - as long as you'll be able to convince everyone else that it fits with your choice of the song!

Original models and conversions allowed.

The Prize: The winner earns the glory and a place in the Hall of Infamy thread. The winner also gets to select the theme of the next painting challenge.

The Rules:
  • All models entered should not have been painted more than a year ago from the date the entry thread is closed. This will not be enforced but violators will politely be asked to retract their entry.
  • All miniatures presented must have been painted by the entrant.
  • Max one entry per person.
  • Max 3 images per entry (including pictures in collages), of reasonable size.
  • No voting for your own entry.
  • No model can be entered into several challenges.
  • For every started set of 5 entries, each member gets a single vote (for example: with 7 entries everyone would get 2 votes).
  • Open entries and open voting. Everyone can see who painted what.
  • Models can be of any manufacturer and conversion but must fulfill all the criteria of the given theme.
  • If no decision on the next theme is made within a week of the winner announcement, the decision falls to the competition organizer.

The Schedule:
Week 1, Monday: Theme announcement and entry thread created
Week 7, Sunday: Entry thread closed. Voting thread opened.
Week 9, Sunday: Voting thread closed. Result announced. Winner asked about next theme.

This thread is now open for people to post their entries. Please state the name of the miniature along with the pictures (ex: Vampire Lord or Countess Squigmachine). The thread closes on the 5th of January 2020 at (roughly) 23:59 CET (but we are not in a hurry, we can easily extend it much longer if someone needs to finish their entry)

And a list of subscribers who will get a notification about the competition (you don't have to be listed here to enter!):

@robtion
@Adam_Barrow
@Eyeless
@Mad 'At
@Azakael
@Shadespyre
@Farmer7574
@Devour the Cabbage
@Nikos
@Leithel
@Mioum
@Angie
@Sessioni
@Pigbones
@Raizi
@Nagash Worshiper
@Unas the slayer
@edwardvlad
@Theerteen
@Malisteen[/QUOTE]

Shadespyre

Vampire Count
Aug 11, 2012
For all those cursing me right now, I have no idea what to enter yet, either! :redface: If you've got better ideas for categories then you need to WIN this one, and to win it you need to enter, so get your Christmas thinking caps on, friends!:thumbsup:

robtion

Vampire Thrall
Aug 23, 2011
Australia
Oh nice one. I've got this. Thinking outside the box is my jam. Nessuna problema.

For anyone struggling for ideas I'm sure we could count a few of the nightmare before Christmas songs as carols right ;)

Reactions: Shadespyre

vg11k

Skeleton
Oct 5, 2017
Orleans
Damn, i shared my Baneful Seraphim one year and four months ago. I'll not be able to take a picture of them in a wheat field decor i'm currently making with the song "Angels We Have Heard on High" (in french it's called Les anges dans nos campagnes, translated word-by-word it's Angels in our campaigns)

robtion

Vampire Thrall
Aug 23, 2011
Australia
A little carol about a Werewolf who always dreamed of being a Varghulf. :clown:

Were-ghulf the red nose werewolf,
Had a very bloody nose,
And if you ever saw it,
It would be during death throes.

All of the other Varghulfs,
Used to laugh and call him names,
They never let poor Were-ghulf,
Join in any Varghulfs maims.

...and so on.
IMG_20191216_155622.jpg
IMG_20191216_155754.jpg
IMG_20191216_155728~3.jpg

Reactions: Unas the slayer

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
You've actually put a red nose on that werewolf! Goddamnit, that's too good @robtion !

In the meantime, I finished a Star Player for Blood Bowl and decided to make him christmasy - which fits with all the bells and jingles he has around him ;) He even has a nice red hat made out of greenstuff! My entry:

"Jingle Bells" by Tolly Glocklinger

tollychristmas_cn.jpg

Unas the slayer

Staff member
Jan 1, 2017
Northern Italy
"Jingle Bells" is so good… xD

well, i'm gonna cheat a little on this one, and i will elaborate "Santa Claus Is Coming to Town"

"The Wolves' Pack Is Coming to Town"

You better watch out
You better not cry
You better not pout
I'm telling you why

The Wolves' Pack is comin' to town

It sniffs you when you're sleeping
He hears you when you're awake
No matter if you've been bad or good
It will find you anyway

The Wolves' Pack is comin' to town

Dire wolves ridotto 1.jpg

Dire wolves ridotto 2.jpg

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
Very cool themes so far xD - oh, and happy new year to everyone! -

I finished, more or less accidently (that's what she said), this guy here, and I while non-undeads are allowed, I don't see a reason for not going something bright this time ;) ...and, technically lore-wise, the Green Knight isn't really living either, right? :D

O Christmas knight, o Christmas knight
How lovely are thy green clothes.
O Christmas knight, o Christmas knight,

Your boughs so green in summertime
Stay bravely green in wintertime
O Breton' ghost, o Christmas knight

Let us all remember
In our gift giving and our merriment
With our family and friends and loved ones
The real and true meaning of Christmas
The birth of our Lord and Savior, Green Knight
of Bretonnia!

o8xi4JZ.jpg

Re4lRw8.jpg

O1IVSYG.jpg

Last edited:

Shadespyre

Vampire Count
Aug 11, 2012
This is all I got, I was painting this anyway, I didn't have time for a specifically themed model and I'm having trouble with editing pictures at the moment.

It DOES have a Christmas-song title, though. But can you guess what it is?

dragon%20side_zpsifo19y5k.jpg

dragon%20quarter_zpsj6q0o3ip.jpg

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu