• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
The Theme: Heavy Metal

Ok, this one is pretty open - similar to the 'Blood Red' one I proposed some time ago. The interpretation of the topic is open, you are free to enter any undead models you'd like as long as you feel it is appropriate for the theme Heavy Metal.

Original models and conversions allowed.

The Prize: The winner earns the glory and a place in the Hall of Infamy thread. The winner also gets to select the theme of the next painting challenge (note that the winner only has a weekend to present the decision, so please be prepared and available).

The Rules:
  • All models entered should not have been painted more than a year ago from the date the entry thread is closed. This will not be enforced but violators will politely be asked to retract their entry.
  • All miniatures presented must have been painted by the entrant.
  • Max one entry per person.
  • Max 3 images per entry (including pictures in collages), of reasonable size.
  • No voting for your own entry.
  • No model can be entered into several challenges.
  • For every started set of 5 entries, each member gets a single vote (for example: with 7 entries everyone would get 2 votes).
  • Open entries and open voting. Everyone can see who painted what.
  • Models can be of any manufacture and conversion, but must fulfil all the criteria of the given theme.
  • If no decision on the next theme is made within a week of the winner announcement, the decision falls to the competition organizer.

The Schedule:
Week 1, Monday: Theme announcement and entry thread created
Week 7, Sunday: Entry thread closed. Voting thread opened.
Week 8, Friday: Voting thread closed. Result announced. Winner asked about next theme.

This thread is now open for people to post their entries. Please state a name of the miniature along with the pictures (ex: Vampire Lord or Countess Squigmachine). The thread closes on the 21st of January 2018 at (roughly) 23:59 CET.

Shadespyre

Vampire Count
Aug 11, 2012
There's only one thing I can do for this... and I've got so much to do, already. Damn your excellent category choice, sir! :tongue:

Reactions: Borgnine

Alabaster427

Minister of Thriftiness
Dec 9, 2013
At first, I thought this meant only metal models. I think the heaviest model I have is a exorcist or penitent engine for sisters of battle, followed closely by Zecharias and the varghulf.

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
THAT is friggin awesome xD

I had quite the mini for that, my wight king (from chaos warrior converted, so heavy ass armor) with a metal album title on his banner, but I fear it's too old to enter xD maybe I find something else

Mioum

Crypt Horror
Jul 3, 2010
Sooo, heavy metal refer to anything that can make sense? Actual metal minis that are heavy, super metallic paint job,related to heavy metal music, or whatever?

I'll have to think about it and see if i have something that could fit this!

Shadespyre

Vampire Count
Aug 11, 2012
Snowed in today, and was at a heavy metal gig last night. so was inspired to make a start on my entry! Only a brief distraction though - as soon as I can get access to my garage, I need to start spraying all these Space Marine vehicles, which remain my priority.

Mioum

Crypt Horror
Jul 3, 2010
Man I'd love to do something for this, but I'm stumped. I find it hard to find the motivation to paint something right now, despite having some candidate that would suit this challenge (mostly metal mini that are heavy :P).

Shadespyre

Vampire Count
Aug 11, 2012
It's totally pointless anyone else entering, because mine is going to be so AWESOME it'll get everyone's votes anyway...

(nah, I'm just trying to wind people up to participate, really)

It is going quite well though, I've gone down with a horrible cold so all I'm doing this weekend is working on it when I feel well enough.

Reactions: Theerteen

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
I knew only the movie FAKK 2, never thought about more background to that (I was reaaaally young when I watched it, so not much possibilities to get more information). Cool to see there is so much more. Now I'm in happy expectation for your entry ;)

Shadespyre

Vampire Count
Aug 11, 2012
So, my project is done, I think - but should I post it already, or keep it back longer as a surprise?

Shadespyre

Vampire Count
Aug 11, 2012
Here we go then: my "Heavy Metal" themed entry, and the latest addition to my army.... just not my Vampire Counts army!

Edit: Forgot to include the title - Legion of the Damned Rhino Mk 1

Edit 2: Now includes spooooky undead Wraith driver!

(You guys know you drive a tank from *the inside*, yeah?)

DSC08944_zps5hq17jex.jpg
DSC08949_zps0gfsnuwn.jpg

DSC08948_zpsfocwfa9i.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Adam_Barrow

Alabaster427

Minister of Thriftiness
Dec 9, 2013
Here we go then: my "Heavy Metal" themed entry, and the latest addition to my army.... just not my Vampire Counts army!
I don't know... That would make a pretty sweet Black Coach. Just replace the storm bolter with a Cairn Wraith and you'd be good to go.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu