• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Jan 28, 2012
I'm liking this backstory to Morturion. Really drives home how evil he is when at 15 he likes dark magic. Plus, of course, the name (Morturion = Mort = Death, assuming that's intentional).

Thanks, @Count Vashra . Yeah, that was the intention when I named him; he's a pretty twisted guy, and more is to follow in that backstory. Don't expect to have seen the last of Johann either. ;)

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Jan 28, 2012
For those of you who are wondering, updates in the chapters will be posted shortly (in the coming few days) now that I have more time on my hands. It's fair enough that some would doubt this statement, but to you I will point out that I have enough time to write a supplemental or approve a character bio these days, so I definitely have enough time to deal with keeping the roleplay running smoothly. :thumbsup:

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Jan 28, 2012
pretty sure this died

Then why are you still posting here, hmm?

I see plenty of our players are still active on the forum, and indeed I am going to update the player activity list right now. Then you'll be able to see that the RPers are still active, and ergo this roleplay is not dead.

This one is notorious for undergoing long periods of inactivity, but it always bounces back, and it always will. I hope that one day, we will finally ensure that we don't have to have these periods of inactivity, but for now the priority among the GMs is to get this roleplay some momentum, then work on long-term issues again.

I expect that by the end of chapters 7, 8 and 9, we will have produced some potential fixes for the current long-term problems. :thumbsup:

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Jan 28, 2012
Ok guys, I've updated the character list, and I am planning the next updates to the chapters as we speak. All will be updated, and we want to get these finished quite soon (without rushing the storyline, though) because we think the roleplay will run better once we pool all the active players together again in 1 or 2 chapters rather than the 3 we currently have. Due to a number of players going inactive over the past few months the roleplay is stalling because there aren't enough players in each chapter. We GMs will do what we can but just hang on till the end of chapters 7, 8, 9, and 10; it will get better after that. Cheers,

TDK.

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Jan 28, 2012
There! The updates to chapters 7, 8 and 9 are done - post away! If you have any issues, questions or suggestions, please ask in the OOC thread (or, alternatively, PM me and the rest of the GMs).

I'm glad that we've finally got this RP going again. I've got a good feeling about its revival this time: hopefully we can keep it going without more, or at least not many more, periods of inactivity like the one that's just ended. :)

Regards,

TDK.

Reactions: TMS

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Jan 28, 2012
Wow! It's been a productive day today - I've actually managed to finish my supplemental as well as the updates. Hopefully this rising level of productivity and activity is a trend that will continue. Fingers crossed! xD

TMS

Staff member
True Blood
Nov 26, 2008
Sweden
It might be a little while before I get to replying in chapter 8, I've got a busy weekend coming up. Not that we usually progress at a very quick pace but I figured you'd get a heads up.

Reactions: The Dread King

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Jan 28, 2012
It might be a little while before I get to replying in chapter 8, I've got a busy weekend coming up. Not that we usually progress at a very quick pace but I figured you'd get a heads up.

Thanks for the warning MS! I'm glad to know that someone hasn't been consumed by RL permanently, at least! :)

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Jan 28, 2012
As of tomorrow, I will be absent for roughly one week, but I will be back to this section of the forum after that time.

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Jan 28, 2012
Guys, @Count Vashra aside: this is a gentle reminder that, as the updates in chapters 7, 8 and 9 are up, you should really post. ;) If you're having any trouble thinking of ideas or you have an issue with my last post in your chapter, say so here in the OOC thread or send me a PM. I'm happy to help. This is an RL busy time for lots of our RPers and the rest of the GMs but I'm sure things will clear up; they always do eventually.

Kavok

Wight King
Sep 23, 2012
Sorry I haven't posted yet. Turns out my teachers this semester wanted to assign projects I forgot about along with preparing for mid-term tests... So I've been dealing with that, even though it is my own fault. I'll try to get something together at some point, though are you just wanting Kavok to ride up and state he is ready? That is kind of what I'm getting out of it...

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Jan 28, 2012
Yup that's about it, @Kavok . Maybe if you want to, describe how the night passed/thoughts about the journey/etc? After all, I always thought what made your character so original were the well-written passages of internal thought.

A lot of us have been busy recently, it's not something to apologise for but if ever you want to let us know, please do so and we'll know that you're just busy instead of giving up on the roleplay. :thumbsup:

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Hello everyone!

Just dropping by to let you know I'm still alive and will, hopefully, be able to get things wrapped up enough to return to TVC within the next few weeks.

Kavok

Wight King
Sep 23, 2012
So... Just wanted to say, Sorry again... I recently changed schools for my degree, and wasn't expecting so much crap to show up near the end of my semester this time, so I've been trying to deal with that. Unfortunately it's looking like mid December is probably around the time things will finally calm down enough for me to come back and actually think about this. Again, sorry if I'm holding things up (which I kinda know I am...).

TMS

Staff member
True Blood
Nov 26, 2008
Sweden
I don't think you have to stress it, Kavok. The entire RP seems to be on hiatus until something jolts it back into life.

Hellwraith

Zombie
Aug 28, 2013
Ohio, USA
@Hellwraith Er, sorry about the really late reply, but here's my two cents on your bio.

It's great, and we I look forward to integrating your character into the main story, but there will be difficulties at first due them being of an opposing faction (although as chaos becomes more involved in the storyline, other chaos characters will pop up for your character to interact with) - so there will be a larger than usual amount of side stuff for your character, I expect.

Kamahl is an interesting character, and his stats are fine, but for his weapon skill being 8 when wielding Serenity. Could you reduce that to 7? It just doesn't seem plausible that a 28 year old (without superpowers ofc) would have a weapon skill matching that of some of the most advanced vampire lords to walk the Warhammer World. Not that Kamahl would by any means not be a master of blades with a weapon skill of 7. xD

Absolutely!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu