• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Interest Gauge - TVC-verse Vampire RP

Interested?

• Yes!

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • No!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe, given more information

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood
theres no need to bite peoples heads off nobody's had a chance to post anything Character related yet
What I meant was compared to the TVC and TVCII a necromancer lord is a way weaker then most of the Vampire characters where in this one a necromancer lord would be a force to be reckoned with

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
No one's biting anyone's head of mate :)

I was just saying I think a Necromancer Lord would be even more powerful than the sort of vamp's we'll be playing (which is a good thing!)

And Mal was just confirming my speculation! I think!

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
This is going to be a lower-level RP than TVC, and nothing will be as easy as saying 'my character walks in and kills everyone in sight because he's sir mega-awesome'
To be fair on the TVC, we've (the GM team) been trying to stop that too...with limited success, I must admit. :'(

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
I was just saying I think a Necromancer Lord would be even more powerful than the sort of vamp's we'll be playing (which is a good thing!)
*cough*Now's your chance Morty*cough*

In all seriousness I think I'll RP as a subordinate of a more powerful character in the TVC II; a representative of sorts of the son of Mannfred mentioned in 7th ed army book (who in the fluff is currently in marienburg - though, as I said before, he hasn't been mentioned since 7th).

Edit: would a weak representative/thrall of a more powerful vampire who is only mentioned off-screen be acceptable?

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
To be fair on the TVC, we've (the GM team) been trying to stop that too...with limited success, I must admit. :'(
To be fair the nature of TVC is also about exceptionally powerful individuals anyway as part of it's premise :)

Which makes our jerb hardar! xD

Also for you TVCers my guy is a son of Nicoletto ^_^

Malochai

Staff member
True Blood
theres no need to bite peoples heads off nobody's had a chance to post anything Character related yet
What I meant was compared to the TVC and TVCII a necromancer lord is a way weaker then most of the Vampire characters where in this one a necromancer lord would be a force to be reckoned with
As Get says, I'm not trying to bite heads off, I am just trying to make sure that everyone is clear going in; I did not mean for it to come across as anything more than that.
In that case, then yes, a skilled necromancer Lord would be a force to be reckoned with, but even then he would still be human, and probably vulnerable to melee. The group would stand a chance, providing they work together and don't try and rush him/her individually :)

I know you have, and I'm not trying to be critical! Just setting a stern bar going forwards :)

*cough*Now's your chance Morty*cough*

In all seriousness I think I'll RP as a subordinate of a more powerful character in the TVC II; a representative of sorts of the son of Mannfred mentioned in 7th ed army book (who in the fluff is currently in marienburg - though, as I said before, he hasn't been mentioned since 7th).

Edit: would a weak representative/thrall of a more powerful vampire who is only mentioned off-screen be acceptable?
That would be interesting, especially in coordination with the fluff I have semi-written for this.
I am hesitant to give a firm yes/no without reading any background, but fee free to PM me and we can start hashing something out that will work!

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood
I assume we are meant to be Vampire Counts so from the hero section if we were picking our characters out of the army book

Count michael

The Undead Sparky
Tempted to go for a W'soran as it would fit better with what I got but don't they all look like mouldy corpses compared to the other bloodlines?

Malochai

Staff member
True Blood
The necrarch's look like withered corpses because they become so engrossed in their research and the like that they ignore the Hunger - as far as I can remember off the top of my head, anyway ...

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
I think they're 100% corpsey/mummified looking. Basically dried withered flesh strenched over disgustingly bulgy black veins.

Their hands appear more like Talons than anythign else once they get older.

On the plus side they need to feed less often and likely have more pure arcane strength to draw up on (their bodies are more saturated in Dhar than a noral vampire).

Kavok

Wight King
The W'soran as a bloodline really let themselves go... Its like they decided that reading books all day, stuck inside their little personal studies, was healthier then going out and playing around outside in the sun... And three other people say something before I post... Oh well... I made a joke I found funny...

Count michael

The Undead Sparky
Hmmm that may not work as part of what Im planning is quite dependent on my character looking normal for reasons though wanting to try a scholar type vamp

Kavok

Wight King
The von Carsteins are fairly universal in what they can do in my mind... Or a lahmian could work I guess... bit more on the... almost want to say kinky... side of things for them though. Blood Dragons probably not the best option for a scholar type though. Sure they can be smart, if they want... but that generally isn't a priority in their selection process, and is actually a negative mark for that process to be the bookworm sort.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
You could be literally almost any vampire.

- Necrarch: The least OPness way I could see of doing this is have him as a master alchemist that worked out some form of potion that can stop his physical form from "rotting" and as such he keeps his human appearance (or mostly, maybe throw in one or two oddities that show the potion isn't perfect. Up to you.)

- von Carstein: One word. Mannfred. He is one of the most powerful vampire wizards that we know off. Can easily be a von Carstein.

- Blood Dragon or Lahmian: No reason why he can't be a skilled wizard as either of these bloodlines. We shouldn't pigeonhole bloodlines it's unimaginative and boring. There is no reson a Blood Dragon who doesn't follow the usual beliefs held by his line (Which, by the way, are largely held by the Blood Keep descendants aka the Blood Knights. Not necessarily all the others coming from other lines) couldn't/wouldn't sire a mortal Necromancer who would keep this his main focus. Same goes for Lahmians, a non-sisterhood member siring a necromancer, human mage or scholar.

- Strigoi: I have trouble thinking of a human-look alike vampire that wouldn't be over the power level of this RP. The beast curse is in the Strigoi blood, always has been especially since Strigos. I'd avoid this one if I were you.