Santa's Workshop : NSFW Kharn

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!
RE: Bretonnia

I personally like the idea that was in the movie kingdom of heaven where you have knightly order's fighting along side each other.

Or a lord and his knights fighting along side each other with the same style with maybe personal heraldry involved just a little.

For my undead project I am going to do the mix match thing cause hey were undead.
 
RE: Vannah's Creations Plog NSFW update 4-25-12 Zombies is there anything else left

I wanted to do a undead Brettonian army once he was once was part of that project now we revisit him SIX years later. Yes. Six years. What is that hideous beast

avannahscreations.files.wordpress.com_2012_04_20120424_171544.56104aef928a58d0410fbc40df955994.webp


Now to start with highlights and better coloring.
avannahscreations.files.wordpress.com_2012_04_20120424_234623.46ba375339700b6d43dfdf97cc436c42.webp


Fixing the hair and armor next.
avannahscreations.files.wordpress.com_2012_04_20120424_235138.de0ca5c05d1b5ec23077cb698977b9d2.webp


All the touchups are finished. Enjoy the difference of beginner painting and today’s painting.
avannahscreations.files.wordpress.com_2012_04_20120425_000948.de63858e53816819c02970aa232b8f21.webp

avannahscreations.files.wordpress.com_2012_04_20120425_000954.c1bebc3a2e3b1a95109e5e2def968ce4.webp

avannahscreations.files.wordpress.com_2012_04_20120425_000959.45709d592fa2e8e6db8640af102f1b87.webp
 
RE: Zombie Dryad's

Santa, I have complete faith that with your hands, anything can become a zombie even if it was never alive. Of course, zombie rocks!

I suppose to make a tree look dead, you would have rotting branches and spilts in the trunk. Maybe have the arms snapped halfway down and hanging limp.
 
RE: Zombie Dryad's

But if the body dies (in this case a tree) the soul dies, and then it is reanimated and bound to the necromancers will. If it had a spirit, it has the capacity to be undead.

I vote for undead Sundew Dryads (yes, I know it's not in the fluff)
 
RE: Zombie Dryad's

I like the idea chaos gives me things to think on, (zombie rocks hmmm)

I agree desfer that is the fluff, but one could animate unliving objects too right? Like suits of armour. I think I would veiw it as we infused the tree with a dead spirit already bound to the necromancer. (such as spirit hosts)
 
RE: Zombie Dryad's

Of course, Space Magic! Everything is possible, baring the exclusion of things that are in fact, impossible.


I imagine the Dryads of Undeath to look a bit more pallid than perhaps normal ones (Like a birch or ash coloured bark.), although obviously they could be of any colour. Perhaps with a bit of rot-bark/infestation, such as you might expect or see on a dying tree, and most likely with no leaves on them (Do the normal ones have leaves? I don't recall). Broken branches may be expected as well, though might carry a bit of mis-translation with them, as it's unusual to see a man walking with no leg, but a tree-lady without an arm might pass as 'Normal,' plus the fact they have no true 'Flesh'/'Guts' to expose, nor bones.

I suppose as an alternative they could be more like Ghouls, in the sense of cannibalistic (Or rather Eating Human flesh), or as a sort of 'Dead Collector' type theme, with body parts of various other races skewered on their branches: Arms, legs, heads, guts wrapped around, or the likes, gruesome stuff. That could work pretty well as a Druid-turned-Necromancer utilizes previously learned talents to aid in his necromantic endeavors.

I mean really, it's all about how you wanna flavor it, how you wanna make it work; But the choices are endless, essentially.

It's one of the reasons I was compelled to get into the vampire counts. Honestly, I could collect any warhammer army, and with the right tweaks, play them as VCs, plus have the pleasure of making entirely over-elaborate themed armies that are amazing.

Just imagine an Ogre-turned VC army, but since ogre's are too big base wise, the whole 'Character' base of the army could be statted on Gnoblars that struck a deal with vampires to usurp their Ogre oppressors! Oh the lawls to be had.
 
RE: Zombie Dryad's

Or you could do an undead dryad - replace the expression of hate with one of *derp?* and break a couple of twigs, make it wilt, and then paint it rotten. Bingo, one zombified tree spirit.

The sundew is a plant found in some low nutrient soils which consumes insects. It is incredibly sticky and corrosive, so an undead Sundew Dryad would be covered in goo, sticky burrs and be a sickly colour, perfect for splurging all over you enemies.
 
RE: Zombie Dryad's

Hey Santawraith, great minds think alike I guess. :happy:

I did some 'zombie' Dryads about 4 or 5 months ago. Basically my fluff idea was that their trees had been killed and so a vamp or necro had bound their souls to the only thing left living in their forest, Fungus. So I put dead trees on thier bases and bits of fungus around their feet and gave them red eyes. I can post some pics if you are interested?
 
RE: Zombie Dryad's

robtion said:
I guess so. You know what they say about variety.

So here they are (sorry not much good at taking photos). They could certainly look more zombie-ish but oh well. :zombie:

ai1140.photobucket.com_albums_n565_robtion_DSC00177.webp

I've always liked the sinister look of the Dyrads. I think they could fit right in with VC, maybe not zombie-ish though. I think more like Evil Dead, possessed trees from some ancient forest?

Found these. I think they would be perfect for my Halloween-themed army:
ai949.photobucket.com_albums_ad331_domus2112_Wood_20Elves_DryadADone.webp
 
RE: Zombie Dryad's

I like the pallid bark tone with the red eyes, looks nice and sinister

And just for future reference Santa, if you wish to shorten my name in a post (who doesn't) then it should be CBorn, after an awesome usage of it by Fodderboy the other day
 
RE: Zombie Dryad's

Why not dismember a body and impale the animated remains on a stick/bush/dryad. Some grotesque version of a scarecrow. Make little kids have nightmares about the wizard of Oz scarecrow instead of the flying monkeys of dooooom !
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu