Santa's Workshop : NSFW Kharn

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!
RE: Salamander Chapter

SO I was looking in some pages and came across the name of the nocturn's imperial guard regiment. Nocturnean Guard, which is interesting do to the fact they are supposed to be a main troop for the imperiaum. Yet are only mentioned in one article. They fought along side others at armagedon, under the command of Yarrik. I am hoping to find more out on them.
 
RE: Salamander Chapter and Nocturnean Guard

Isn't the Salamander's black skin due to a mutation in their geneseed?
If this is true I doubt that the local PDF regiments would have the same feature... unless of course the Salamanders have the habit of giving their most precious resource away to anyone. xD
 
RE: Salamander Chapter and Nocturnean Guard

Actually the mutation is from the radiation from the planet itself. Every living on nocturne has the same mutation. Found this on wiki 40k I would post a link but am on my
iPhone. It was the final push to confirm what I wanted to do. I am sorry If you dislike my army ideas but I am painting them for myself and feel the nocturne guard will be fun
 
RE: Salamander Chapter and Nocturnean Guard

Lexicanum said:
...as a result of a reaction between their genetics and the high levels of radiation on Nocturne, Salamanders battle brothers have dark or jet black skin and bright, burning eyes.

I guess it depends on your opinion - I've just always heard that their skin was inherited genetically from Vulkan.
It doesn't really matter, all things considered - it is a game and if your too restricted to have fun then there's no point! xD
Carry on, good sah!
 
RE: Salamander Chapter and Nocturnean Guard

Nocturne article

This is where I got my info from. Which made me fully want to do this army.

It should be noted that the people of Nocturne have been slightly mutated by their constant exposure to the high levels of radioactivity present on their world due to the radioactive rare earth elements often uncovered by the extreme volcanism. They have developed deep ebony skins and the irises of their eyes now glow red in the darkness because they developed over many generations the ability to see in the infared levels of the electromagnetic spectrum to deal with the constant volcanic pollution that blocks out their world's sunlight. These same physical characteristics are also present in every Salamanders Space Marine.
 
RE: Salamander Chapter and Nocturnean Guard

Actually both of you are right. Gene seed passes on genetic traits, so anyone who didn't already have black skin and red eyes, would get it once they recieve their gene seed. However, the salamanders are black skinned/red eyed before they recieve the gene seed, as they live on nocturne, and Vulkan's skin/eyes came from living on nocturne. So its really a chicken and the egg thing, nocturneans have black skin/red eyes from living on nocturne, vulkan was a nocturnean for most his life, so developed that same trait, he passes that trait on, but those he passes it on to are nocturneans so have the trait anyway.

The main place where the gene seed really matters in terms of skin colour/eyes would be with salamanders successor chapters, who might not recruit from nocturne, so their recruits would not have the nocturnean skin, until they received the gene seed.
 
RE: Salamander Chapter and Nocturnean Guard

That Dreadnought is definitely cool! Loving the lizard-plating. As for a name, perhaps Brother-Ancient Saurus Ferri? (Meaning Lizard of Iron.)

Do keep up the good work! Would love to see an entire regiment of jet-black skinned guardsmen, would scare any opponent out of their wits! :thumbsup:
 
RE: Reaper, warmachine and others NSFW. Updated 10-13-11

ai649.photobucket.com_albums_uu220_vannahscreations_Reaper_20meb66fca3dbdca51748118ce541c02a6c.webp

Halloween sophie
 
RE: Dragon Legion NSFW updated 10-13-11 Pumpkin golem zombie unit filler and grave

Those are awesome man! I really want to get some pumpkins for my army sometime. Where are these from? Or did you make em?
 
RE: Dragon Legion NSFW updated 10-13-11 Pumpkin golem zombie unit filler and grave

Nice pumpkins! My girls wanted to start a wood elf army, with a realy strong halloween theme. I had my eyes on these pumpkins for quite some time now and especially Pumpkingolem would be a great treekin.
One question though, is he standing on a 40x40 or a 50x50 base?
 
RE: Dragon Legion NSFW updated 10-13-11 Pumpkin golem zombie unit filler and grave

Have to agree with Redarmy. Your models are cool and such, but even a golden demon isn't truely gold without the boobs! :zombie2:
 
RE: Red Handz Uv Gork Updated 10-22-11 gretchin test figure

ai649.photobucket.com_albums_uu220_vannahscreations_Red_20Handz_20uv_20Gork_2040k_IMG_9515.webp

This is a test figure for a customer of mine I am awaiting his approval or change's but felt like sharing this one as is for now.

His are actually made using night goblins armed with lasgun's. Forming a gretchin imperial guard force, I look forward to painting it. But I felt they would fit far better into my ork plog then a guard plog.
 
RE: Dragon Legion NSFW updated 10-13-11 Pumpkin golem zombie unit filler and grave

*sees Knight on Dire Wolf* *drools*

I'd never, ever, ever even thought of using Dire Wolves as mounts. It's genius! Think of an entire unit of them, like Blood Knights! You could use Empire Knights to keep the cost down whilst still retaining the Vampire theme with the Wolves. Damn he looks cool! :happy:

Also loved Nagash. Something about knowing his fluff makes the model so intimidating, even though it's quite an old sculpt. Also loved the pumpkins, they were very nice! And the skeleton rock band too was really cool.

I only wish I could motivate myself to paint as much as you, Santa. It's really quite an achievement. :thumbsup: (Of course, when Necrons return in a couple of weeks I should be going hobby-mad...!)
 
RE: Dragon Legion NSFW updated 10-13-11 Pumpkin golem zombie unit filler and grave

I really like the pirate banshee. It's unusual to see a ship's figurehead as a mini! Can't wait to see more, the pumpkins are looking great!

u_m
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu