Santa's Workshop : NSFW Kharn

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!
RE: Zombie Tutorial

Johnny, you may have been right. Here he is washed with a watered down black wash. Thanks

avannahscreations.files.wordpress.com_2012_04_20120415_005757.4183b63fb8512e57470e75e7156ab325.webp


avannahscreations.files.wordpress.com_2012_04_20120415_005817.4e59453dbc0145a618673177b4ca00f4.webp
 
Rock Tutorial

The chaos troops marched through sylvania during the reign of mannifred. The brilliant Von Carsten used the amassed barbarians to bolster his own troops.
The grave markers for the chaos dead are significantly different from any others.

In the following tutorial, I will be showing you how to paint rock using only GW paints.

To start with, I base coated the stone with adeptus battlegrey, which has been renamed mechanicus standard grey.

avannahscreations.files.wordpress.com_2012_04_20120414_231202.deaffeceb2735de24739adae85e7f0d5.webp


So what we are going for is a slate look. Slate is a nice clean grey, and found pretty much everywhere. My next step on it was to stipple the rock with celestra grey, the paint formerly known as astronomican grey. It’s a fairly heavy stipple, but quick to dry because it’s the new paint.

avannahscreations.files.wordpress.com_2012_04_20120414_234034.d0b30f89e50c7a9a48f3a03a6099ab97.webp


Next to give the stone a touch of definition. Get the terminatus stone and give a nice light drybrush. Don’t overdo it, you want the stippling to show through. Note how the drybrush of the dry paint only catches the edges. That is perfect for our slate.

avannahscreations.files.wordpress.com_2012_04_20120414_235656.8d222c0b8adbeb4d5f14fdc3ae84495d.webp


Now you may look at this and say to yourself, this ain’t lookin like slate rock just yet. Of course not! Our last step is to wash it. I’m going with his juice, aka Devlan mud, or agrax earthshade. Another good choice for a darker stone would be bad an black, known now as nuln oil.

avannahscreations.files.wordpress.com_2012_04_20120415_000455.3b9d22afd01acc5a6943c7807d2f7ddd.webp


Now I went back afterwards and brought out the edges with celestra grey again. Afterall slate is sharp. Lol
Also I filled in the chaos star with bloodletter, the red glaze. After that I re-edged the chaos star with celestra grey to define it better.

avannahscreations.files.wordpress.com_2012_04_20120415_002559.88d6df41a8c41c3afd9b8ae9c3ee9407.webp


Next is purely aesthetics. I like stones to have moss or lichen on them. So I’ve added some mossy spots with lustrian undergrowth texture. To define it I’ve added a drybrush of Gretchin green, the new name for which is deathworld forest. Over that to age it again, I washed it with the earthshade. That layer I did over the entire bottom to make it dirty and weathered.

avannahscreations.files.wordpress.com_2012_04_20120415_004934.459cf9a551627e9a5cf6f9ec9933f42e.webp


Enjoy! And remember everything die's so everything can be turned to undead except deamons who are banished.
 
RE: Loyalists and the emporer's minion's.

Bows thanks sanai and I very much agree.

So today I have ultramarines to do and I have alot of based models to share.

Black Templar's

Battle brothers or tactical marines are the backbone of all marines.
ai649.photobucket.com_albums_uu220_vannahscreations_Black_20Templars_022512blacktemplar.webp

ai649.photobucket.com_albums_uu220_vannahscreations_Black_20Templars_022112blacktemplar4.webp

ai649.photobucket.com_albums_uu220_vannahscreations_Black_20Templars_021912blacktemplar4.webp

ai649.photobucket.com_albums_uu220_vannahscreations_Black_20Templars_021912blacktemplar1.webp

ai649.photobucket.com_albums_uu220_vannahscreations_Black_20Templars_021912blacktemplar2.webp

With Plasmaguns as back up the tactical marines have a good punch
ai649.photobucket.com_albums_uu220_vannahscreations_Black_20Templars_030412templarplasmagun.webp

Flamers are great for burning away the heretics and xenos of the universe.
ai649.photobucket.com_albums_uu220_vannahscreations_Black_20Templars_021912flamertemplar.webp

Personalized bolters like this one wrapped with a chain are common place with some chapters.
ai649.photobucket.com_albums_uu220_vannahscreations_Black_20Templars_022112blacktemplar6.webp

ai649.photobucket.com_albums_uu220_vannahscreations_Black_20Templars_022112blacktemplar3.webp

Often marines still field themselves in older suits of armor like this beakie
ai649.photobucket.com_albums_uu220_vannahscreations_Black_20Templars_021912beakietemplar.webp

Some marines are excellent marksmen and those add scopes to there bolters to take out key enemy target's.
ai649.photobucket.com_albums_uu220_vannahscreations_Black_20Templars_032012templar1.webp

Some marines have earned there place among the veterans thousands of times over yet remain with there squad's Often becoming a Sargent and leading there squad mates into battle
ai649.photobucket.com_albums_uu220_vannahscreations_Black_20Templars_021912blacktemplar3.webp

ai649.photobucket.com_albums_uu220_vannahscreations_Black_20Templars_022112blacktemplar2.webp




Fallowed by the fast hitting assault marines. Who take the fight to the enemy.
ai649.photobucket.com_albums_uu220_vannahscreations_Black_20Templars_032012templargroup.webp

ai649.photobucket.com_albums_uu220_vannahscreations_Black_20Templars_032012templarassaultmari...webp

Falling from the sky like great birds of prey they strike hard at the enemy
ai649.photobucket.com_albums_uu220_vannahscreations_Black_20Templars_032012templarassaultmari...webp

Sometimes they even carry ordnance such as this melta bomb into battle
ai649.photobucket.com_albums_uu220_vannahscreations_Black_20Templars_032012templarassaultmari...webp

ai649.photobucket.com_albums_uu220_vannahscreations_Black_20Templars_032012templarassaultmarine.webp

ai649.photobucket.com_albums_uu220_vannahscreations_Black_20Templars_032012templarassaultmarine.webp

Some like this beakie even look like a bird of prey while assaulting into the enemy ranks
ai649.photobucket.com_albums_uu220_vannahscreations_Black_20Templars_032012templarassaultmari...webp

This Sargent sports a power fist and combat shield with litanies embossed on the shield.
ai649.photobucket.com_albums_uu220_vannahscreations_Black_20Tef88e88838885c468b89157a814e93bca.webp

Plasma pistols are a alternative weapon with the assualt squads for extra punches in battle.
ai649.photobucket.com_albums_uu220_vannahscreations_Black_20Te0b14202f6f51b673a658ab1a5fc2941e.webp

Some assualt marines have scoped plasma pistols as they are crack shots who can wield such devastation with these weapons.
ai649.photobucket.com_albums_uu220_vannahscreations_Black_20Templars_032012templarassaultmari...webp

Some assualt marines go without jumppacks so to drop pod into combat.
ai649.photobucket.com_albums_uu220_vannahscreations_Black_20Templars_022112blacktemplar1.webp

ai649.photobucket.com_albums_uu220_vannahscreations_Black_20Templars_022112blacktemplar5.webp


Devestator Squads wreck havoc on the foe's giving there Comrades a needed edge
ai649.photobucket.com_albums_uu220_vannahscreations_Black_20Te3c482a4c413d527a35b357942ce9e2ba.webp



They are often taken care of in there time of need by a apothecary
ai649.photobucket.com_albums_uu220_vannahscreations_Black_20Templars_021912apocathary.webp
 
RE: Loyalists and the emporer's minion's.

I guessed that you did not build them. I dig the painting (the white is fantastic). Mind sharing how you got the white so white as I am really struggling with painting white and giving it depth at the same time :slapface:
Oh and those templar symbols are freehand! And you said you were not good at it!
 
RE: Loyalists and the emporer's minion's.

compared to my mentor redarmy27 I am not good at it. Its why I asked him to give you pointers.

As for the white
Noramlly it is either a base of leather white (reaper master series) fallowed by skull white. Also P3 has one called marrow white that is like a foundation that you can interchange for leather white. Shadows are painted in with either Astronomican gray or fortress gray.












Looks at zombie count yay only 10,000 more to go to catch up to Don.
 
RE: Loyalists and the emporer's minion's.

There is always salamanders too.

Rhino
ai649.photobucket.com_albums_uu220_vannahscreations_030712salamanderrhino4.webp

ai649.photobucket.com_albums_uu220_vannahscreations_030712salamanderrhino3.webp

ai649.photobucket.com_albums_uu220_vannahscreations_030712salamanderrhino2.webp

ai649.photobucket.com_albums_uu220_vannahscreations_030712salamanderrhino1.webp

Vindicator
ai649.photobucket.com_albums_uu220_vannahscreations_030512salamandervindicator.webp

landraider redeemer
ai649.photobucket.com_albums_uu220_vannahscreations_031012landraiderredeemer2.webp

ai649.photobucket.com_albums_uu220_vannahscreations_031012landraiderredeemer1.webp

tactical Marines
ai649.photobucket.com_albums_uu220_vannahscreations_031612salamander3.webp

ai649.photobucket.com_albums_uu220_vannahscreations_031612salamander1.webp

Marine with heavy bolter
ai649.photobucket.com_albums_uu220_vannahscreations_031612salamander2.webp



I always thought it would be fun to have squads from different chapters all fight together for a common good. I might do that at my next game.
 
RE: Zombie Tutorial

That looks pretty cool, and the benefit to doing a whole block that way is that you can finish them in a few hours! the only thing that doesn't feel right to me is that the clothing is so close in color to the skin tone, it might just be the lighting. How do they look in person Santa?
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu