• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Show us your Black Knights

Blutsauger

Vampire Count
True Blood
Joined
Apr 10, 2013
Messages
1,091
#77
Collected from ancient cairns across the Old World, and bound to him by unspeakable rituals, the Count's Black Knights do his bidding without hesitation, no matter how terrible.





These Black Knights often make use of the Banner of the Barrows, although there are plans in the works for a horde of Grave Guard who might borrow it from time to time
 

Borgnine

Moderator
Staff member
True Blood
Joined
Jun 15, 2013
Messages
1,834
#79
They remind me a bit of the Black Knights from Heroes of Might&Magic III - and that's awesome! Good job there! I'm unsure about the pink parts, but it's still good overall ;)
 
Joined
Nov 13, 2012
Messages
99
#80
Blutsauger I have to admit that I really like your black knights. The reason I have to admit it is because they look EXACTLY like mine :D so I have to say very well painted :D I love the look of Shadow Grey on VC the dark blueish tint really works well with the dark army!
 

Blutsauger

Vampire Count
True Blood
Joined
Apr 10, 2013
Messages
1,091
#81
BooZeFienD said:
Blutsauger I have to admit that I really like your black knights. The reason I have to admit it is because they look EXACTLY like mine :D so I have to say very well painted :D I love the look of Shadow Grey on VC the dark blueish tint really works well with the dark army!
Thanks! I really liked the look of the VC models in the 'Eavy Metal scheme, which is mostly red and black. But when I saw other VC models painted that way I didn't really like it. Upon further inspection I noticed that all the VC models in the 'Eavy Metal photos were photographed against a dark blue night-sky background, and I found it was actually the blue that I liked, rather than the red!
 

Borgnine

Moderator
Staff member
True Blood
Joined
Jun 15, 2013
Messages
1,834
#82
It seems I also forgotten my blac... greenish knights. For inspiration and posterity:



Tutorial on how to make verdigris armor my way: HERE
 
Joined
Nov 21, 2012
Messages
25
#90
Joex48 said:
Double post, I know, but I've updated the metalwork on my Knights!
Did you use the GW rust technical paint, or a concoction of your own? It looks really cool! I am thinking about using the greenish oxidizing technical paint on mine.
 
Joined
Aug 31, 2012
Messages
176
#91
Mistress Zed said:
Did you use the GW rust technical paint, or a concoction of your own? It looks really cool! I am thinking about using the greenish oxidizing technical paint on mine.
Yeah I did, the rust paint works as a pair with Typhus Corrosion, so I used both of them for it (There's a guide to how I did it here)

Nikilakh Oxide (or however the hell it's spelt) would look really nice as well. I was tossing up whether to oxide them, or rust them, but in the end I did rust to tie in with the leaves. Both would look very good with the purple though! (And hey, us purple armies need to stick together :tongue: )
 

Borgnine

Moderator
Staff member
True Blood
Joined
Jun 15, 2013
Messages
1,834
#93
Wow! They are definitely cool! I'm not a big fan of this kind of highlighting, but regardless of that, they look awesome - very BLACK KNIGHTS indeed xD

It's a pity that some of your pics in other threads aren't working, I was eager to see your take on Krell and GG.
 

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
Joined
Apr 2, 2011
Messages
2,359
#97
Can't any of your pics above, but managed to click myself to your photobucket album.

Must say that I like your painting style. Both your highlights and your choice of colours are very bold, and you use both to good effect. Really nice banner and shield icons too.

Think you could start a plog or something with all you VC stuff, would be nice to get a better view of it all?
 
Joined
Sep 28, 2012
Messages
30
#98
Mad said:
Can't any of your pics above, but managed to click myself to your photobucket album.

Must say that I like your painting style. Both your highlights and your choice of colours are very bold, and you use both to good effect. Really nice banner and shield icons too.

Think you could start a plog or something with all you VC stuff, would be nice to get a better view of it all?
Thank you very much Mad! Yes i will gather all when i finish them ;)
 

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Joined
Aug 20, 2012
Messages
1,409
#99
Boy, that's one hell of a BK unit - and by that I mean Blood and Black knights, cause in my opinion they can be both - They're awesome! Exactly that was the look I wanted for mine, but never reached it. We even used the same models :rolleyes: I love them. From now on one of my top 5 black knight units!
 
Joined
Sep 28, 2012
Messages
30
Theerteen said:
Boy, that's one hell of a BK unit - and by that I mean Blood and Black knights, cause in my opinion they can be both - They're awesome! Exactly that was the look I wanted for mine, but never reached it. We even used the same models :rolleyes: I love them. From now on one of my top 5 black knight units!
Thank you very much!
 
Top