• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Tawg

Vampire Count
True Blood
Jan 16, 2012
Those look fairly spectacular dididoolandas, although the metal bits seem a bit bland. The basing looks great though, and the ethereal is good, but the metal seems to lack the same depth.

Shareya

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 16, 2012
They look lovely but the metal bits do look a bit of out place. Though I realize that if you change that then they might look bit...too green? but then again they are supposed to be all ghosty O_O

Ah well, overall lovely!

Dibidoolandas

Zombie
May 2, 2012
Shareya said:
They look lovely but the metal bits do look a bit of out place. Though I realize that if you change that then they might look bit...too green? but then again they are supposed to be all ghosty O_O

Ah well, overall lovely!

Yeah to be honest I'm not super into the paint job on these, just because I tried to go faster than usual and I don't think the drybrush/wash is smooth. That being said, the metal is actually my favorite part, because I layered it smoothly. xD But to each their own. Maybe if I do more of these guys I'll layer them thin and do more of a blend from green to metal?

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
Like them too, I think I will change the metal parts of mine in that style too, the hexies look too much like my spirit hosts without the metal details. Nice work here :thumbsup:

Shareya

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 16, 2012
Theerteen said:
Like them too, I think I will change the metal parts of mine in that style too, the hexies look too much like my spirit hosts without the metal details. Nice work here :thumbsup:

Yeah, that I can understand! x)

May 22, 2012
oregon
Wanted to take mine in a different direction. These are my representation of Hexwraiths riding their hellhounds, which burn with a cold blue fire.

Attachments

• 2013-05-28 17.57.03.jpg
    2013-05-28 17.57.03.jpg
    376.9 KB · Views: 89
  • 2013-05-28 17.57.22.jpg
    2013-05-28 17.57.22.jpg
    410.4 KB · Views: 47

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
Ouh, well this is a great idea Drakhaol! Very nice, this brings out the hunting character of the hex wraiths very nice! Would like to see a group shot of your army soon!

May 22, 2012
oregon
Thanks Theerteen, that was definitely part of the effect I was hoping for, and I've seen you've already found my army pics.

As a side, and not that I recommend modeling for advantage, but by mounting my hexies on the direwolves they now receive hard cover from the vast majority of our core. The lower profile compliments the idea of a sleek hunter type model.

Minty

Grave Guard
May 4, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hexwraiths are perhaps the unit that pushed me into thinkin 'I wanna play Vampires' - so I was really looking forward to painting them. I was right too, they were bags of fun to paint and, at the risk of sounding immodest, turned out okay.

Well, the caprissons leave me cold, but the wraiths themselves work.

ai134.photobucket.com_albums_q101_MCP1_Hex1.jpg

ai134.photobucket.com_albums_q101_MCP1_Hex2.jpg

ai134.photobucket.com_albums_q101_MCP1_Hex4.jpg

ai134.photobucket.com_albums_q101_MCP1_Hex3.jpg

ai134.photobucket.com_albums_q101_MCP1_Hex5.jpg

Minty

Grave Guard
May 4, 2013
Isle of Wight
People keep asking me how I do my bones. I mean, I take it as a compliment, but it's weird...

It's just Bleached Bone and Devlan Mud. Is there some other way? I mean, it's not even highlighted or anything.

Hehe.

Chico

Zombie
Jul 29, 2013
My Hex Wraiths:

1002601_10151803149905149_1757530478_n.jpg

Figures are Grenadiers Night Riders and Dark Eye Zombie Lord.

Snuggatron

Zombie
May 12, 2013
Here are my "Rime Wraiths", for my Army inspired by the Scourge from WoW. Hopefully one of these attachments will work :redface:

Attachments

• warhammer2.jpg
    warhammer2.jpg
    304.9 KB · Views: 66
  • warhammer.jpg
    warhammer.jpg
    311.9 KB · Views: 40

akiro27

Wight King
Oct 1, 2010
Minnesota
Also copied Egg here, but hey - it's a damn good idea! Went with a white base, then washed in the new nihilakh oxide, then lightened back up with ulthuan gray & highlights in white scar.

-luke

ai.imgur.com_nlBU14b.jpg

Count Vashra

Lord of Shadows
True Blood
Sep 29, 2013
New Zealand
I love the Hexwraiths, Theerteeen!:thumbsup: The background really suits and adds to the image, and the colour scheme is good (+ not auto-green for Ethereals, using some imagination). Excellent work. Keep going!:thumbsup:

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
Thanks man (: in fact they were standard ethereal green (on page 1 in this thread) but then I wanted to seperate them from my spirit hosts. The models are way to cool for one color (though there are badass single-colour schemes here!) . The background is the box from the game "betrayal at house on haunted hill" ;)

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
Great hexies there, man! I love the combination of white and green ;) It really fits them and adds much to them :thumbsup:

Also - a word to Vectra from the previous page. Those are awesome! The idea with the horses and the painting and the scheme! Inspiring!

May 29, 2013
Well here they are, my babies. Lots of sweat and tears in this conversion. Started with a box of HE Dragon Princes of Caledor, threw in some GG GW, and finished with some green stuff that hopefully reads as ghostly flames xD
ai40.tinypic.com_2yw8y1z.jpg
ai40.tinypic.com_2q8wra0.jpg
ai39.tinypic.com_20uew6r.jpg

Raven Torrid

Staff member
Sep 3, 2011
Croatia
Awesome Hexes Jimmy, and yeah, I'd say green stuffed flames work quite well. :thumbsup: Gotta agree with Theerteen regarding the BK's as well!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu