• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Show us your Terrorgheist/Zombie Dragon

robtion

Vampire Thrall
Already in my plog but I thought I may as well post it here for varieties sake. More pics in my plog ;)

Background: Rupture, Burrower of the Dark Woods (Zombie Dragon).

Before the darkness crept into the forest an abundance of creatures made it their home. Chief among them an ancient treeman, Oacyning, protector of the enchanted woods. For centuries he defended the forest from all manner of intruders, the most terrible of them his nemesis, the great dragon Morw. Their final battle ended both of their lives, their smouldering, broken remains lying together in a long forgotten glade, in the darkest depths of the forest.

In as cruel twist of fate, in death the two mortal enemies have now been melded together into a horrific burrowing Wyrm known as Rupture. The twisted vampire lord who controls this beast carries an enchanted scroll allowing him to become ethereal at will, facilitating his travel through the earth along with his horrific mount.

Very nice pose, and I have to feel sorry for the poor running peasant - he really shouldn't have given into curiosity about what was at the top of the spiral staircase :)

Well stalling really paid off. Yours looks great too! As a matter of fact, I hadn't realized the skull showing around the mouth area on either one of mine. Nice. And your grey's really bring out a cold death feel.

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
Nice job Dibidoolandas, the fine detail adding the aging colour to the bones has really breathed some life into this model, seeing so many of them in VC armies its hard to get excited about the plain ones these days but you have really made him pop. :thumbsup:

@robtion I love that there's actually an inch or so of depth into the earth along the perimeter of the base; it's subtle, but it reinforces the impression that this huge, conjoined *thing* is roiling around through the earth. Fantastic work!

Right well these Terrorgheists / Zombie Dragons are so good I'm just not going to bother painting one at all! Honestly that one with the zombie dragon / treeman mutant is just amazing, what a brilliant, original idea!

Also I don't really like the terrorgheist model, but I digress.

Count Vashra

Lord of Shadows
True Blood
Looks decent for a first try.Nicely shows the skeleton and the rotten skin, along with what I take to be the teeth?