• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

So, what's everyone working on?

Borgnine

Staff member
True Blood
@Shadespyre congrats on finishing the marines! When was it when you took a break from the undead and started painting them?

Also, thanks for the opinion on the knights. I went with the third variant in the end, I agree that the first one doesn't look much SPORTS enough and the third one by virtue of not having any yellow on him. Having to deal with yellow on them would add just another unnecessary difficulty to the whole project - I really don't envy you painting all those half-yellow marines xD

Shadespyre

Vampire Thrall
Haha, I used the old Foundation Yellow, no problems at all (except for nearly running out, now)

The Undead and Space Marines were overlapping projects, really. The Space Marines started in December 2013 (!) and the Vampires in April 2013, it's only the last 9 months or so that the Undead have been "finished" so I could concentrate on the Marines.

That Star Wars legion looks really fun! Personally, I have vowed not to buy new stuff until my current projects are complete! I'm working on a couple Nechrarch vamps, they're getting close to last steps.

What did you paint, Shadespyre?

Shadespyre

Vampire Thrall
Thanks! The black with deep red highlights is something I discovered painting the Imperial Dragon for my Empire army, and the paved bases is one of the themes that tie my Vampires together.

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
It's been an insanely unproductive 2 months but I've got the ball rolling a bit and almost finished the pre-assembly painting required on my Vargs. Ended up changing the wing membranes colour scheme a bit and will throw up some pics soon :)

Shadespyre

Vampire Thrall
I'm going to need a bigger base... not going to reveal what I'm working on next, but I have decided that the 20cm square piece of MDF is too small to base it on... :|

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Slow progress as I've been swamped with work and other stuff these days.

I've got the pre-assembly painting done on my 6 Vargs and ended up sticking them together ready for greenstuff and basing, hopefully will get around to that next week when I get some time off.

Other than that most of my hobby time has been spent on getting various Night Goblin things ready since it's too hot for me to paint these days.

Will have some pics of my progress up soon. :)

Borgnine

Staff member
True Blood
Some time ago I bought a lot of stuff from GW in Poland (it's much cheaper) and yesterday I was there, so I could take everything with me to Berlin. Now I have some new things to paint: a Witch Hunter, a Cockatrice, 10 new ogres to be turned into Crypt Horrors, a Dark Elf Blood Bowl team, Warhammer Underworlds: Shadespire (together with the skeleton warband) and 10 new grimghasts. And that's on top of all the things I have laying around even longer!

Now if I could only not go to work and just stay at home painting!