• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
I should be adding scales to the dragon - or at least preparing something for the competition, but I just can't stop building more and more zombies...

Sessioni

Black Knight
Dec 29, 2014
Finished a Wight King and a mounted Nec yesterday. 3 Minis left to finally have my army completed. 2 Monsters for the extra mile, but I'm done with painting undead.

I know what you mean. I've been playing with undead since 6th edition and now I can proudly say my army is finished, I mean yeah, I have a lot of characters yet to finish but would you say 18 vampires is enough already? :D I paint them for joy mostly anyways nowadays. I will never sell my army or anything, but a change would be nice. Sometimes I wish that I would also be able to flee from and before close combat, and when I watch my grave guard get shot to the ground with Wood Elves' volleys I wish I would be the one aiming the arrow :D Nevertheless, Vampire Counts are still the coolest army for the looks-wise, but the tactic possibilities are quite narrow.

I have actually seriously started to think about 40k 8th edition, that would be a refreshing change for sure!

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
@Sessioni Yeah, playing the same all over again can be pain in the ass ;) I have my next big project ready in the chamber here, Blood Angels Sir! Will be such a pleasure to paint metal, armour, bigassery weapons, dreadnoughts and so on xD

Shadespyre

Vampire Count
Aug 11, 2012
Personally I'm starting to tire of painting Space Marines. 20 odd on my desk which will take me past 100, I think. I'm looking forward to a diversion with some more fantasy models, soon.

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
@Borgnine Brilliant! As much as I'm looking forward to seeing that dragon, zombies will still be awesome to see. You've got quite a variety going on so far that I'm wandering what else you'll come up with :)

Finally just started painting the other four Hexxies.

Reactions: Theerteen

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
Finished the nec's base and started painting the last asb Vampire's banner. And busy on the competition entry ;)

Adam_Barrow

Sleepless Knight
True Blood
Dec 25, 2010
Nashville, TN
@Theerteen I'm hoping I can squeeze time in for my contest entry. With Gandalf going 2 weeks over schedule, I've kinda pressed myself.

But the Huorns are built and primed as of last night. Gunna hit them hard this week and see how far I get. Still hoping to have them wrapped by October 1st.

Adam_Barrow

Sleepless Knight
True Blood
Dec 25, 2010
Nashville, TN
Wrapped the Huorns finally (see plog to verify), so now I'm staring down characters for October. 3 hobbits, an elf, and Aragorn. I don't thing I've ever once painted gold. That elf is gunna give me fits.

Menkeroth

A Knight of Blood
Nov 11, 2013
Sehnde, Niedersachsen
Unfortunately, it's the only way that armies happen!
No, not the only one, but in this case I wanted to say you can paint different models at once. I, for one, prefer to paint squad for squad, but of different models and armies, for assembly line painting begets only clones without souls and passion :)
Well, when they are finally finished it's usually worth the hassle ;) A complete unit is a pretty cool thing
not it it's a 20/40+ clones :)

Shadespyre

Vampire Count
Aug 11, 2012
Just finished some Undead! :thumbsup:

But you'll have to go find my Frostgrave plog to see them...

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
Doing some layers on the Terrorgheist. Not quite motivated, but the urge to finish it is immense... after that, only one ghoul king left of my army unpainted.

Menkeroth

A Knight of Blood
Nov 11, 2013
Sehnde, Niedersachsen
He certainly appreciates that but models do need love and motivation. View it then as the need to provide your king with a mount :)

In the meantime I've started finally on painting dwarven crew for a cannon. In time no less.

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
@Theerteen Looking forward to seeing that Terrorgheist. Mentioning ghoul kings brings visions or Adam Barrow's and Borgnine's takes on the kit's King - they've got some cool ones if you're looking for inspiration.

Still slogging my way through those Hexxies, they're coming along alright and I'm hoping to have them done within a week so long as life doesn't get in the way.

Love those new 40k Death Guard releases, they're tempting me to buy yet more kits and do some 40k....

No! Must... Paint... Undead...

Adam_Barrow

Sleepless Knight
True Blood
Dec 25, 2010
Nashville, TN
Got cracking on some characters for the Shire finally. Blocking colors, mostly, but the little trousers on the hobbits crack me up. Still not convinced on the gold yet.

Shadespyre

Vampire Count
Aug 11, 2012
Having the sort of week where your last can of black primer runs out halfway through a job... also my car needs a new engine, so I dropped building and painting minis in favour of selling them on ebay to try and raise money towards it...

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu