• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Menkeroth

A Knight of Blood
Nov 11, 2013
Sehnde, Niedersachsen
Well, in the modeling hobby it is truer than ever :)

In the meantime, I am working on my black knights. Great and lovely models, if only a bit tricky. Want to use rust and mud on them, must be good. And some heads from hex wraiths like a helmet with a brazier fit perfectly.

Reactions: Shadespyre

Shadespyre

Vampire Count
Aug 11, 2012
Very close to "finishing" now - I've got a drop pod to finish and I treated myself to a brand new Stormraven kit, but other than that I need to do a few more touch-ups and then I just need a dry day to spray a couple of coats of varnish on everything...

I might even paint some Undead, to celebrate! ;)

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
On the hobby front, I'm in the process of piecing together a winged vamp conversion and have also started putting paint onto my Forgeworld Wight. I've been messing around with Crypt Horrors (using Kurnoth Hunters) arm positioning and playing about with Vargheist colour schemes too.

I've also just gone and ordered Shadespire with a few of the expansions. Looking forward to giving it a go!

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
@Farmer7574 I just can't wait to see that winged vampire conversion ;) It's also interesting to see you pick up Shadespire - to see your take on something different than orcs and undead. I also want to buy it soon, mostly to convert those stormcasts into Dark Souls-style creepy and grim knights.

I went back into hobbying after having a brief pause after those zombies - and I have so many projects started on my desk. There's the large dragon, an alternative Varghulf, some banshees, foot vampires and necromancers, grave guards and Blood Bowl players...

Reactions: Farmer7574

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
@Borgnine I've made some ground on that winged vampire with the little hobby time I've had these days. I'll try to get a WIP shot up in the PLOG soon for some ideas to be thrown my way :)

I've given Shadespire a quick go just using the core set and, as much as I want to paint up some of the minis, I'm at least going to clear my current projects before squaring away a warband :D Your Stormcast conversion ideas are brilliant - I really dislike the good guys in most things so death knights/grim knights sound like an awesome path to take!

I'm in the same boat here! I usually take on just one or two projects at any given time, but I'm not sure how but I seem to have about 5 or 6 things on my desk craving attention...

Shadespyre

Vampire Count
Aug 11, 2012
Scouring my very untidy hobby room for my last remaining bits and bobs from my VC army project. I *know* I still have soem dryad bits left over, but where the hell did I put them??

Reactions: DocteurQui

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
Hehe.

Working on the last Spider Acrobats Regiment. I only want it to be done to get to the other circus stuff I'm REALLY looking forward to!

Shadespyre

Vampire Count
Aug 11, 2012
Update - I gave up and used some actual twigs instead...

Starting painting my Stormraven, the last (?) model for my Space Marine project, too.

Menkeroth

A Knight of Blood
Nov 11, 2013
Sehnde, Niedersachsen
Yesssss, let Nagash's eternal spirit enter your soullllllll
- Give praise to the Emperor for the life that flows within us. - We are his weapons! - Give praise to the Lion for the purpose that drives us. - We are his loyal servants! - Give praise to the chapter for nurturing the wrath within us. - We are the Dark Angels! ^_^
What are you planning on using to build those trees and buildings?
I don't know yet. What could be the most effective material?

DocteurQui

Skeleton
Apr 21, 2018
Netherlands
Hehehehehee, Nagash is eternal though, The Emperor is not. Nagash eats gods for breakfast, The Emperor just sits on his throne like corpse. Nagash = de bezt :P

I think I'd try this tutorial for the trees. I once tried this myself for some warhammer terrain (I was trying out wether or not I liked wood elves in 7th or 8th ed), and the result was pretty terrific actually. I think I threw it all away, but the video speaks for itself. If you don't have the latex rubber stuff he uses to fill up the gaps inbetween the wires, I think greenstuff or liquid greenstuff would work fine as well :)

As for the skull shaped buildings, I'd definitely buy that Citadel Skulls set, just for decorative purposes. Then I'd also try finding some pink foam. I think that's one of the only materials you can use to actually scratch build complex structures like skulls and especially buildings shaped like skulls, apart from normal clay of course.

Good luck with this, really interested in those buildings!

Menkeroth

A Knight of Blood
Nov 11, 2013
Sehnde, Niedersachsen
Hehehehehee, Nagash is eternal though, The Emperor is not. Nagash eats gods for breakfast, The Emperor just sits on his throne like corpse. Nagash = de bezt
That's certainly true ^_^
I think I'd try this tutorial for the trees. I once tried this myself for some warhammer terrain (I was trying out wether or not I liked wood elves in 7th or 8th ed), and the result was pretty terrific actually. I think I threw it all away, but the video speaks for itself. If you don't have the latex rubber stuff he uses to fill up the gaps inbetween the wires, I think greenstuff or liquid greenstuff would work fine as well
Thanks for advice and videos! Must come in handy. I was thinking of using foam for most of the work, and clay too. Will try anyway.

Reactions: DocteurQui

Shadespyre

Vampire Count
Aug 11, 2012
I thought for a moment that I might have finished my Space Marines... but not quite! I still need to go through the army putting lettering on all of the little scrolls and parchments...

DSC00191_zpshx759lg1.jpg

.... also I need to clean the lens of my camera!

Last edited:
Reactions: Menkeroth

Menkeroth

A Knight of Blood
Nov 11, 2013
Sehnde, Niedersachsen
Well, the gunship is wonderful, both in color and overall. Very smooth and neat :) and not bad for a model too. At first I thought it's decent at best, but having seen in person convinced me it's quite a good one actually.

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
I spent last night devising a color scheme for my Blood Bowl Bretonnians... First I wanted them yellow&blue because that would make them completely different than my black&red orcs - so I made two options, one with only the clothes bearing those colors and one when the armor parts are painted. But that left me only those two colors to work with. That's why I tried a red&blue option, on which some additional markings can be made in white. And it's the most standard color scheme for Bretonnians, so it should make them more recognizable. What do you think?

pKzeS9d.jpg

Now they won't be the Aquilea Aces, but rather Carcassonne Cavaliers. Or Crusaders, I still need to think about it ;)

Besides, I am finally back at the dragon - I am setting up those trees that he's pushing aside - and it's quite a hassle to set them to look as if they're falling, but to keep them from actually falling too! xD And I can't even glue them to the dragon, because I need to have them separate for now... oh well, we'll see how it'll go ;)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu