• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

When should we start?

• As soon as the poll is over!

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Wait until 8'th edition, I don't wan to paint models I'll never use.

Votes: 16 66.7%
  • I've got a better day to start! (Do tell!)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Apr 26, 2010
Yippee! Without further ado, I PLEDGE! (Note: I'm away from tomorrow until next thursday, so my be unable to get piccys up for a while... sorry!)

I will assemble and paint:

A Vampire Lord
A Wight King Battle Standard Bearer
40 Ghouls
30 Grave Guard
20 Skeletons
A Daemon Prince

I will add to this in case I've forgotten something... and put up my plog!

Nikos

Vampire Count
True Blood
Feb 26, 2010
Plymouth
Santawraith said:
I havent been seeing many updates what happend to everyone. It is almost as if there is a painting strike...

Im painting but making slow progress at the moment and I dont know why. I seems a lot of people are like that, im sure it will pick up. And your workrate puts many to shame xD

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
Jun 6, 2010
Wyoming
Well we didnt paint anything this week cept for things we did yesterday, my wife had some bad migraines. Was just making sure no one gave up. We got two figures done yesterday, Only one of which is part of the pledge. So far one today.

witchking1980

Black Knight
Nov 1, 2009
Well, I don't worry much! Maybe it is because of the summer, the weather is good and many people prefer to go for a walk or something instead of staying home painting. I am sure that from Autumn and then we will have many miniatures pledged xD

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Apr 26, 2010
I'm kinda on the fence. Because of my crap photo quality (which I can't see changing) I don't know whether to make everyone squint or just to pack it in. Currently, I'm still forging on making my models. (he he, painting comes next.) But anyway, I'm happy working away on my VC.

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
Jun 6, 2010
Wyoming
Hey dont give up, we are here to help inspire you. A fully painted army is the goal isnt it. squinting works for me

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
I think painting has been slow due to the summer, I fully expect things will pick up the weather gets colder and people start spending more time in doors.

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
Jun 6, 2010
Wyoming
Painting picking up errr guess me and wife can practice painting with our toes.

Possible conscription of the children into painting, but other then that ya cant paint any faster. especially on things with so many details to do. (stupid graveguard and black knights)

I agree Don the cold with drive some inside to do more indoor activities, where with me it actully does the very opposite.

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
Jun 6, 2010
Wyoming
Should I add the isle of blood box set to my pledge or not. I will be painting it up asap and wont be updating my plog due ot it anyways until october. So wanted to hear others thoughts on if I should Add it or just go on strike for a month.

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
Jun 6, 2010
Wyoming
We are considering droping out of the tale, as we have many commisions and other things going on in life. We currently have most of the vampires done but need to put them aside to do a few commisions we got in. Plus we need to paint a hundred or so reaper models for the christmas season. gonna sleep on it and have our decision monday, sorry if this upsets anyone. But sometimes life gets in the way.

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Oct 30, 2009
Behind Darvy
I may modify my pledge to substitute some of the imperial guard with the VC battalion I am painting, if no one minds. Also, I must apologise for my slow progress. My motivation in all things has taken a nose dive.

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
Jun 6, 2010
Wyoming
Unforently the commisions of yet two more armies and a unit of graveguard has caused me to need to drop everything but my vampires from my pledge. My commisions have to come first as money is always good to have to pay bills. Hope everyone understands.

Nikos

Vampire Count
True Blood
Feb 26, 2010
Plymouth
Its all about the benjamins. If you being paid to paint then that comes first, I'm sure everyone understands. And you've already done loads! Good luck with your commissons :thumbsup:

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
Jun 6, 2010
Wyoming
haha yes it is.
thanks I shall post many of them in my various threads, as I have a great love of sharing them. Plus you could always check them out on my facebook page as I work on them.

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Oct 30, 2009
Behind Darvy
Updating my pledge to a smaller, more manageable one comprised of my vampire counts, due to my motivation having taken a nosedive and the fact I dont feel like painting IG at the moment.
20 Skeletons with spears and command
10 ghouls (finished except for basing)
20 Zombies
Corpse Cart with Necromancer and Unholy Lodestone
A vampire on foot (yet to be purchased)
A mounted vampire (if I have time)

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
Jun 6, 2010
Wyoming
Today broke the camels back one could say. With the amount of commisions and changes with my wife's work. (she is no longer allowed to paint at work which she has done since starting) We must drop out of the pledge. and Focus on commisions we have to finish. I am sorry about this everyone but there is no way we can finish it. Unforetntly my army is once again on hold sigh.

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
Jun 6, 2010
Wyoming
Well ill still be painting but just cant focus on personal things. Too many comisions that I have turned a few down now. Im booked out to march, plus keeping inventory of the ebay store. I hope to occasionaly go on with my other plog of undeadness. So eventaully everyone will see my undead I pledged in the tale. good luck everyone

Angel

Ghoul
Mar 26, 2010
Sweden
Hi, I wonder if it is OK for me to change my pledge from this:

1 Prince on Dragon
1 Battle Standard Bearer
1 Noble
23 Spearmen
5 White Lions
1 Tiranoc Chariot
5 Ellyrian Reavers

to this:

1 Prince on Dragon
1 Battle Standard Bearer
1 Noble
23 Spearmen
5 White Lions
1 Tiranoc Chariot
1 Maiden Guard
2 Swordmasters (Standard Bearer and Musician)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu