• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.
Jun 26, 2021
Mini update from me.

I've been concentrating on getting Isabella and the Vindicator done.

Isabella is mostly basecoated prior to washes and many highlights. She's still on her original base as i've currently not got a round one big enough for the current Vampire Lord/Lady size (and not sure if I want to bother changing her base up.)

DSC_0670.jpg
DSC_0674.jpg

Vindi is mostly washed now, so just the highlights and clean up work and he should be done (sans base)

DSC_0671.jpg

Macarian

Vampire Insomniac
Jan 19, 2014
Netherlands
Looking good Hissk Deadtail 😊

I myself have finished the Necromancer:

DSCF4439+.jpg

I hope the picture gets everything across, still working out the kinks with my picture-taking setup 😇

I absolutely love the model though and how she turned out. The scheme is far brighter and more vibrant than my usual paints so I was concerned she would come out cartoonish. Thankfully, she looks alive and healthy instead which is a nice departure for a necromancer I think!. In any case I am going to continue to explore these vibrant colours some more in my Soulblight Gravelords 😁

Also, for those of you wondering where my Spider-Vampire went, she is undergoing some reconstruction as I was unhappy about some of the greenstuffing I did. Depending on how the work-week goes I'll have an update on her next weekend though I won't push myself if I find progress frustrating.

OK and I might also have gotten a little side-tracked seeing the cool 40k Minis on here that I dusted of some Cataphractii 😉
20210725_222218.jpg

Happy painting all!

Badbones777

Zombie
Jun 17, 2021
Liverpool
Hey gang, hope we're all well.

Ghouls done and with a couple of days to spare. I was wondering if I'd make the finish line for this month as I have also had to knock out about 50 Ww2 Aussies for a Bolt Action thing I'm doing with my dad.
I like the ghoul kit - it's a nice little set, and some great bits on there. I've perhaps favoured getting them done over strictly speaking doing my best painting, but I think they work, and I've even had a crack at using pigments to add a spot/burned effect to some of them on the burnt flesh.

Next month is going to be some crypt flayers and if I get them sorted in good time I'll think of a bonus thing to do, though I also have a bunch of Japanese Infantry to do.

Looking forward to next month and really enjoying seeing everyone's work - cheers guys. Very motivational☺️

Screenshot_2021-07-26-16-42-32-738_com.miui.gallery.jpg

Screenshot_2021-07-26-16-42-43-868_com.miui.gallery.jpg

Screenshot_2021-07-26-16-42-55-170_com.miui.gallery.jpg

Screenshot_2021-07-26-16-43-06-729_com.miui.gallery.jpg

Jun 26, 2021
No more...she's finished enough. *Slump*

So this was my first time trying to paint gems in at least six years (probably a lot more.) I'm still not fully happy with how they came out. Will need to get a lot more practice in.
Her face was horrible to do, either some ancient damage or miscast had caused her right fang to look more like an orc fang/tusk. I tried covering it subtly with paint which didn't really work, so I ended up foolishly trying toscrape her lip with a modelling tool...forgetting that these older models are rather soft metal. So erm...more fool me. 😞

However, I think she's still a big big improvement on my original attempt! 😛

DSC_0681.jpg
DSC_0682.jpg
DSC_0683.jpg
DSC_0684.jpg

Reactions: Badbones777

Badbones777

Zombie
Jun 17, 2021
Liverpool

So this was my first time trying to paint gems in at least six years (probably a lot more.) I'm still not fully happy with how they came out. Will need to get a lot more practice in.
Her face was horrible to do, either some ancient damage or miscast had caused her right fang to look more like an orc fang/tusk. I tried covering it subtly with paint which didn't really work, so I ended up foolishly trying toscrape her lip with a modelling tool...forgetting that these older models are rather soft metal. So erm...more fool me. 😞

View attachment 60759
View attachment 60760
Looking splendid in her finery! Always loved this model. The red of the blood and her hairpiece work well with her green clothing, and the shininess of the Rubies is really good.

Macarian

Vampire Insomniac
Jan 19, 2014
Netherlands

I think she looks great, especially if you are 6 years out of practice 😉 Everything looks clean and crisp. The gems and eyes look great! I think you can maybe improve by thinning your paints more and putting on more coats. Keep it up and I look forward to you August work!

Here is my work this month:

This is the best picture I got for the Necromancer Shaman, the lighting did not love her face though but it's a lot better than the earlier pictures.

Necromancer.jpg

I also completed the first of the Cataphractii:

Cataphractii 2.jpg

I absolutely adore this colour scheme, it's simple yet striking. After I complete the whole squad I might give them decals and attack them with weathering and chipping, though that would be a new experience for me 😇

I also need a name for their Chapter, I'm very open for suggestions, I love the Pre-Heresy Thousand Sons so any inspiration from them would be nice. The rough background is that they are a fleet-based Chapter that focuses almost exclusively on void combat. Their approach to warfare revolves around the utter destruction of the enemy, no matter the cost or consequence. This means they quite rarely deploy ground forces, after all why not just nuke the enemy from orbit? 😁

So for this month I am looking to complete the other 4 Cataphractii and add some Skeletons (changing my original pledge 😊) to the forces of my vampire Amazonian. Though oddly enough my shopping cart doesn't say Deathrattle:

1627846181348.png

😁

Reactions: Hissk Deadtail
Jun 26, 2021
I think she looks great, especially if you are 6 years out of practice 😉 Everything looks clean and crisp. The gems and eyes look great! I think you can maybe improve by thinning your paints more and putting on more coats. Keep it up and I look forward to you August work!

I also need a name for their Chapter, I'm very open for suggestions, I love the Pre-Heresy Thousand Sons so any inspiration from them would be nice. The rough background is that they are a fleet-based Chapter that focuses almost exclusively on void combat. Their approach to warfare revolves around the utter destruction of the enemy, no matter the cost or consequence. This means they quite rarely deploy ground forces, after all why not just nuke the enemy from orbit? 😁
Thank ye kindly, I only really started getting back into painting around September/October last year and whilst I am still very much learning I think i'm making some progress compared to younger me. I do agree, I overworked some areas where thinner coats (and patience) would have been better. Especially her face which as seen became very patchy in places.

For a TSons inspiration you could go for one of the cults within the legion like the Pavoni or Corvidae and base the image around not only the totally not choas birb they are based off of but also the area of psyker mastery they had. Perhaps something more pyrokinetic or kine shield raising?

Anyway, here's my final pictures.

DSC_0685.jpg
DSC_0686.jpg
DSC_0687.jpg
DSC_0688.jpg

And all my built and painted models for last month.

DSC_0693.jpg

Badbones777

Zombie
Jun 17, 2021
Liverpool

Here is my work this month:

This is the best picture I got for the Necromancer Shaman, the lighting did not love her face though but it's a lot better than the earlier pictures.

View attachment 60896

I also completed the first of the Cataphractii:

View attachment 60898

I absolutely adore this colour scheme, it's simple yet striking. After I complete the whole squad I might give them decals and attack them with weathering and chipping, though that would be a new experience for me 😇

So for this month I am looking to complete the other 4 Cataphractii and add some Skeletons (changing my original pledge 😊) to the forces of my vampire Amazonian. Though oddly enough my shopping cart doesn't say Deathrattle:

View attachment 60899

😁
The Flowers are amazing on the base, love them. And the cloak and eyes. Do you have a founding chapter they are descended from in mind for the terminators? Love the
white scheme
The generals handbook is really nifty, I love it - very convenient and portable. The skulls are a cool set as well - super versatile and a must for
the bits box.

Badbones777

Zombie
Jun 17, 2021
Liverpool
Thank ye kindly, I only really started getting back into painting around September/October last year and whilst I am still very much learning I think i'm making some progress compared to younger me. I do agree, I overworked some areas where thinner coats (and patience) would have been better. Especially her face which as seen became very patchy in places.

For a TSons inspiration you could go for one of the cults within the legion like the Pavoni or Corvidae and base the image around not only the totally not choas birb they are based off of but also the area of psyker mastery they had. Perhaps something more pyrokinetic or kine shield raising?

View attachment 60900
View attachment 60901
View attachment 60902
View attachment 60903

And all my built and painted models for last month.

View attachment 60904
Cracking stuff - I think that white and blue scheme is always very striking, and super neat! I went with celestial warbringers for my stormcast who have a sort of dark pink scheme. I may have to get one of these guys for them.

Jun 26, 2021
Cracking stuff - I think that white and blue scheme is always very striking, and super neat! I went with celestial warbringers for my stormcast who have a sort of dark pink scheme. I may have to get one of these guys for them.
Funnily enough i'm actually doing Astral Templars for my Stormcast as i'm playing an Astral Templar Knight-Azyros in a Soulbound rpg campaign, (I was planning on doing at least one Celest Warbringer to represent Morrig's friends from Brightspear.) I fancied with this one model going a completely different route and challenging myself to paint white (but not bone) armour. 😊

Reactions: Badbones777

Badbones777

Zombie
Jun 17, 2021
Liverpool
Funnily enough i'm actually doing Astral Templars for my Stormcast as i'm playing an Astral Templar Knight-Azyros in a Soulbound rpg campaign, (I was planning on doing at least one Celest Warbringer to represent Morrig's friends from Brightspear.) I fancied with this one model going a completely different route and challenging myself to paint white (but not bone) armour. 😊
Oh awesome! They have pretty cool background and yeah a really nice colour scheme. This guy looks smashing though, if it weren't for the fact I have a long term Imperial Fists passion project, a little Space Wolves force and am also collecting Death Guard (and so don't want to do any more power armoured things for a very long time!) I think I'd love to do some marines in this kind of scheme.

Unas the slayer

Staff member
Jan 1, 2017
Northern Italy

View attachment 60900
View attachment 60901
View attachment 60902
View attachment 60903

I don't like SCE, but this color scheme is great!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu