• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
Wow, that Briar Stag is amazing, you have a knack for finding cool models! The painting is really good too, with the light accents on the tips - altough I must admit, it's rather christmasy with the reds and greens ;)

The bones look great too, quite a menagerie there!

Shadespyre

Vampire Count
Aug 11, 2012
Actually I have to thank / blame @ZeroTwentythree for pointing this one out to me. And now it seems just as well that I didn't paint this up on a snowy base for use in Frostgrave! ;)

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
What a beautiful array of minis - perfect too considering the current competition topic.

That stag fits excellently with your army. Great job

Shadespyre

Vampire Count
Aug 11, 2012
There's always going to be something else that I can add to this army... here's Yet Another Undead Dragon

edited-image_zpsiraa9j9o.png

Yet another from the Reaper Bones range, I think this is from Kickstarter 4 but I have so many of their models I'm not sure any more... I stuck to the greens like I have for every other one, I think this is similar but different to the colours I used on others, I think the two-tone green works pretty well.

Someday I'll have to paint a "live" green dragon and find a way to make it NOT look like any of these...

Reactions: Theerteen

Shadespyre

Vampire Count
Aug 11, 2012
Thanks, I love painting these Bones dragons, the sculpts practically paint themselves! As pictured, the model is about 14cm long and 10cm high. Big enough that you could put a rider on him and it not look silly, but smaller than modern GW dragons.

Shadespyre

Vampire Count
Aug 11, 2012
edited-image_zpsltbmbtq3.jpg

Long overdue addition to the army, there was no way I was buying the whole set so I had to keep waiting for one to pop in in a bits shop

Reactions: Ol'timer

Shadespyre

Vampire Count
Aug 11, 2012
She's from the Nighthaunts "Thorns of the Briar Queen" set. Which is actually pretty good value but I had no use for the Chainrasp models that come with her, they just don't fit my army at all.

robtion

Vampire Thrall
Aug 23, 2011
Australia
Love the Briar Stag and bramble demon. Lots of character. The nighthaunt briar queen is also a nice addition. :scared:

I may be counting your chickens on your behalf before they hatch but any idea on your topic for the next challenge? I have a small spark of motivation and would like to get started on it ;)

Shadespyre

Vampire Count
Aug 11, 2012
No clue at the moment, the only undead models I have kicking around are even more dead dragons, probably!

Shadespyre

Vampire Count
Aug 11, 2012
Rather a chore, these. The last of the Grenadier "Undead Legion" collection, I'd never bothered hunting them down as I don't like them much and they are way to "middle eastern" to fit my army theme but they came up cheap on ebay so here we are... based to fit into rank and file Skeleton regiments.

edited-image_zpsdlmysxkh.jpg

Reactions: Eduard Bernstein

Shadespyre

Vampire Count
Aug 11, 2012
For the first time in ages I find myself messing about with Warhammer bits and building something which *might* turn into something for the army...! No promises.

Shadespyre

Vampire Count
Aug 11, 2012
Well, I made this. I think she's probably another Vampire Knight, let's wait and see how / if I paint her...

...bits from at least 5 different Warhammer armies, I'm not even sure where some of them are from, feel free to tell me / guess!

100576056_885945795243353_4116898501663653888_o.jpg

Shadespyre

Vampire Count
Aug 11, 2012
I think she came out okay. I did try the red lacquered armour look but it didn't feel right on this miniature, somehow

101482424_890622141442385_341342581684174848_o.jpg
DSC04576_zpswzdomrrp.jpg
DSC04578_zps5wnldws9.jpg

Last edited:

Shadespyre

Vampire Count
Aug 11, 2012
My small contribution to the spirit of Deadcember is these three rebuilt and repaired old skeletons

(edited)_DSC04957.JPG

LH Skeleton has plastic and greenstuff bracelets, hands and spear
Middle skeleton has a new right arm and weapon and a repaired knee. He once had a bow in his left hand, long gone.
RH Skeleton has a new forearm and weapon, an added shield and new feet - I did a better job of the feet than the original sculptor did on the skull, I think...

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu