The Golden Bat Competition 2014

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!
Sorry haven't been around much lately. (Place excuse here). So, I have been sitting on a conversion for a terrorghiest that I started a few months ago. If I want to enter it, it needs to be done by July 31st? If so let me know. I probably couldn't do it in time but would give me a push in the right direction to get after it.
 
Got it, see what I can do. I'm painting up roughly 3700 pts of grey knights right now for another paint comp but I will try to squeeze some time in.
 
If you only have Vampire Count models then sadly yes that is the case. However closing is not until the end of July so plenty of time to make a few more posts xd
 
Re-asking the question, I'd like to know how much of a conversion we can show off!

For conversion you NEED one picture of it part way through and may have up to 3 of the finished product.
You can not have more than 3 pictures showing odd your work even if you have multiple images built into one picture.
I personally also make sure i have 2 images of in progress as well.

So in short not counting the pictures of the converting process you may have 3.
 
For conversion you NEED one picture of it part way through and may have up to 3 of the finished product.
You can not have more than 3 pictures showing odd your work even if you have multiple images built into one picture.
I personally also make sure i have 2 images of in progress as well.

So in short not counting the pictures of the converting process you may have 3.

Ok so 1-3 pics for the finished product, and 1+ for the WiP. I'll try to show as much as possible in that few pictures!
 
Three questions. Would Saurus or Skink models converted into zombies or ghouls and then painted be an entry for the Vampire Counts category or an Open category?

You mentioned monsters and infantry and the like, but what about unit filler? Of my finished models, I think my 40 mm square unit filler would be a better entry piece than any three infantry models I have.

Also, I entered my favorite unit filler in Lustria-Online's first painting contest months ago (very small potatoes compared to the Golden Bat). Are dual entries of this nature allowed?
 
If it is a model that has been converted into something undead, be it Empire, Orc or Lizardmen its in the Vampire Counts Category.

In regards to the unit filler that would need to be approved as it is not covered in the rules.

As long as it was made inside the time frame and painted you have nothing to worry about.






Their is both tiers for converting and painting Mioum, Apprentice and master levels based on ability.
You choose which to enter and then the judges approve or give you a nudge if they thing you would better suit another just so everyone has a fair chance.
 
Though I guess if not enough people enter, the tiers will be dropped?

I was expecting more entries by now, though there's still lots of time. (My painting entry has been ready for a while now, but I'm still working on my conversion.) I wonder if there will be a rush at the end of the month.

There's a few people whose entries I'm really looking forward to seeing; I'll be very disappointed if they don't enter.
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu