• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

The Legend of the Cannibals

merenwen

Black Knight
Baron: I love the theme of your army! its very unique and very well done. :D :thumbsup:
Oh and WOW on the Chimera! gorgeous model and expertly painted! I want one!

Thanks guys. It was a joy to paint, and when I managed the courage to start - it is rather intimidating - I just had to do it in one session.

---

Abbysal and lynks

It is the The Terror of Fortriu from BaneLegions, which you can get from there or from Maelstrom Games (Same thing, I think).

It's expensive, but I figured I didn't need to eat for a while...

merenwen
Thanks. I like it too. Haven't seen much like it before, so I think the theme is indeed quite unique.

Cheers all, now I'm back to do some real life stuff for a while.

But I'll be back.

Cuzzy

Varghulf
Great work on the chimera!
If it wasn´t so damn expensive and Large I would consider getting one myself!

Looking for a Wight Lord?

How about this guy?

proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fimg716.imageshack.us%2Fimg716%2F208%2Fsabaka.jpg&hash=aa4ecee5a467a6dc6e62c21fcd31759f

My goodness.... Taban Miniatures seems to have gone all nutty for African tribal influenced stuff for their Eden game....

I'm thinking you ought to be able to paint this one up real nice to match your theme.... :thumbsup:

Cuzzy

Thanks. Yeah, it is a great model, but it is expensive alright. An arm and a leg and my first born actully. I thought they were kidding when I read the invoice, but...

Dark Rose

Bloody hell - that is going to be mine!

If I manage to fit it on a 20mm-base, he might become a Wight Lord. Otherwise maybe as a unitfiller. In any case, I'm ordering it now.

Thanks for the tips!

Goggalor

Necromancer
I love the theme. Slightly disturbed by the cannibal holding the baby but i am sure they look like a tasty snack. Now the ToF looks superb. I was blown away by your painting, I can feel the rage of the model. If i was wearing a hat i would tip it to you.

really good stuff right here, that ghoul colour scheme is absolutely spot on, and it goes without saying that the chimera is AWESOME!!!!

Boo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
Holy crap! :D Awesome work. Stunningly brilliant.

And with the addition of that huge man... can't wait 'til you get your hands on him. :)

Thanks you guys!

--------------------

New stuff for today is my new Wight BSB. I realized that I probably should have some consistency in my models appearances, ie vooddoo hats on...I'm thinking caster vampires mainly, and masques on the combat oriented vampires. Skeleton paint on Wights... Necromancers, well...I don't know, but we'll see. So the "old" wight BSB is out, and is now a vampire bsb, with supporting stuff. Or maybe I'll get rid of her standard, and make her a ordinary vampire...
'
Anyho, new BSB was it, wasn't it... He's a wight King, which appearantly mean - in my army - he's big. Also he will be going with the grave guards, meaning he should have sort of a masai feeling over him. Therefore I made him the shiled, wich I'm very pleased with.

Pretty much done, tell me if you spot something that stands out, as in "bad"...

(And again, sorry for the pics...)

Count Lasombra

Vampire Count
True Blood
Love it,the standard reminds me of 'the book of the dead' from Evil Dead.That'd be cool fluff...cannibals stumble across the necronomican and worship the spirits,I'd watch that movie.

Thanks guys! Appreciate it.

Count Lasombra
Can't say I remember the Book of the Dead exactly, but I know I'd watch that movie too...

Cuzzy
Quite pleased with the shield myself - glad you liked it!

So, new guy. Here is the Gorhulf - the legendary monster ape from the dark jungle, called forth when the tribe goes to war, or just pops in when the monsters hunger demands flesh - be it tribe members or outsiders...

So, no base, as you can see. But otherwise, what do you say? I find the gorilla to be quite boring, but I can't for my life think of something to spice him up with...

untitled_musketeer

Vampire Count
True Blood
Hey!

I really like him! I think he fits the theme perfectly as he is, but if you're looking to spice him up maybe you could use the fist to your advantage. He could be holding some kind of Voodoo totem/doll (inspired by King Kong and his lovely lady).

Maybe something like this?

You could also go to town on the base too!

Can I just suggest you darken the nails a little? They look a little too bright. If you look at a Gorilla's nails they're much more grey. Also I think that the eyes could do with being a little deeper, maybe a mix of Coffee and Black with some glazes. I'm not quite sure. There is just a little too much white showing in my opinion.

All in all I really like what I see. I think you possibly have one of the most unique VC armies on the forum! I love seeing your updates.

Keep painting!

u_m

Thanks man!

Yeah, I see now how the nails and the eyes are too white and bright... Will fix!

Great suggestion about the voodoo doll. I'll see what I can make up.

And I'll try and keep regular updates here - your kind words encourage me - but I'm of for a couple of days now. I have some stuff halfway done, so hopefully, time permitting, next week I'll have something more.

Cheers!

Awesome looking army! i love it right through!
The girls hanging in the gorillas.. i love it! =)

But i must admit, i find the gorilla a bit dull as a warghulf.. but fits the theme prefectly, and i have no better idea.. so go for it!=)

For direwolves, i like the lionesses and a lion male as doom wolf. as someone posted links. that would be cool=)

YES!!! :|

Love your Vargulf/ Kong!! The "naked lady on a stick" is perfect for him.... :thumbsup:

Have you considered one or two arrows or broken off spears sticking out here or there trailing some blood that he basically ignores as if they matter little or nothing to his monstrous vitality?

I'm thinking he needs to be raised up a bit on his base too so his feet don't look like they are falling off the edges.... maybe a slightly larger piece of craggy green/ grey slate all covered with moss and jungle creepers. That could be epic!

Mr Saturday

Vampire Count
True Blood
You do need some jungle on that base. Aquarium plants are great for that. He does need a bit of height, the slate idea is cool. Some totems in the undergrowth too...