The Rise of the Von Kerryathe Legion [Picture Heavy]

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!
The Dark Sheep said:
With that shaft length one of those Bestman cleavers might look good; suitably crude while still cool and massive and they really look barbarian in my opinion.

*sniggers* xd

Great to see you back Seth.

Yes congrats on the forum award, and don't forget if and when you finally finish, I have a spot reserved for you in the Invocation Army Showcase.

I take it you won't be entering the current Golden Bat Compo?
 
Wow..... so much awesomeness.....can't take it..... AWESOME IMPLODE!!!!! xD


Probably the sickest (in a good way xD ) army I've ever seen. Seriously. It's sick. (Oh, I stole your spirit host idea. I mean, you posted the steps and everything.... it was just saying to me "USE ME AND YOUR RUBBISH-LOOKING GHOSTS WILL BECOME SEMI-AWESOME!!!!!!!!!" I say semi-awesome because I could never achieve your awesomeness....... AWESOME IMPLODE!!!! xD
 
Pietr Von Carstein said:
Threadomancy much ?

Someone needed to remind me that it existed!

ChaosJedi666 said:
Ah, indeed 6 months. Aww, anyone know what happened to him? I want to see it finished?

I have been working believe it or not on cleaning mold lines all this time... No one wants to see mold line cleaning updates... That's just boring!

I have been a little preoccupied lately I had to put all of my stuff away when someone moved into my apartment for a while. Not having stuff in front of you is a good way to forget it even exists.

I also have been away on holiday/vacation for a while. I took my American wife to visit my olde European haunts. We went to Iceland and to France and home to England where I met my 2 and a half year old brother for the first time.

So I have been back from that excursion now for two weeks and have been cleaning mold lines and cutting up sprus to make terrain ever since. I just put down the big bucks on a pre-order of the collectors edition Warhammer rulebook. That should hopefully give me the push I need to get moving again.
 
I certainly hope so - I am still waiting to get this fantastic army showcased in the Invocation! xd

Great to see you are still around though Seth, and look forward to some updates soon xd
 
Dude, this is a HUGE army.

And I have been itching to say this, because no one else has.

Your Vamp Lord looks alot like Rob Zombie with that fleshtone. With a more human-looking tan one, it would look like you, but right now, it looks like he'll start blaring this across the battlefield.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDX86QBbSw8
 
Not feeling in the mood for painting I got to work with some model making instead. I started putting together my Lahmian Tomb Guard unit. These guys are the personal bodyguard of this former Nehekharan noblewoman. I wanted to make them look as dynamic as the images from the Tomb Kings army book. Especially the image of the bone giant (which is what inspired the duel sword look).

ai906.photobucket.com_albums_ac266_CCotillard_DSCF0452.webp
 
I've finally finished reading your plog, I've gone through two cups of coffee! Its amazing stuff, a really fantastic army.
As for your new stuff, I really like the look of your lord. I get the impression he is so hard he doesnt need full armour, he just has a helmet to protect his looks xD get him finished soon! great stuff
 
Actually my Lord is sporting full plate armour under that trendy coat of his. True he is hard as nails, but he likes to cover himself against the sun. Last night saw some more work on my Tomb Guard unit. However due to my 6 month absence from the hobby the majority of my paints are completely dried up. So I will need to take a trip into Manhattan this afternoon to remedy this.
 
I like the overall theme to this, and the conversion work done on the Skellies.

In your opinion, is it easier to reposition/convert TK skellies?
 
Alexos said:
In your opinion, is it easier to reposition/convert TK skellies?

My opinion is useless. I have been collecting undead now for 15 years. I replaced all my old skellies when they released the regiment sets and wanting a large army of bone I kept buying them. Well when the new skellies were released I already had over 150 of the olde ones and was not really interested in splashing out more money. So I have endeavored to get hold of as many of the olde skellie sprus as possible through ebay and by buying the soon to be replaced tomb kings kits.

I have never built a new skellie.
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu