• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Gederas

Skeleton
Jun 15, 2021
Thanks for the tip!

Sadly, I've fully assembled both of mine now, so that means I'll likely have some "fun" trying to do that reposing, or at least the tail 😅

MedMos

Skeleton
Sep 15, 2015
Møn
I have some catching up to do on this thread, very nice stuff here! I kept my 'like-bombing' to the last page only... But great stuff!

Reactions: Mad 'At

Loki Ragnarok

Zombie
Sep 10, 2021
Time for an other update. I promised to paint the necro last week but failed. I lost all inspiration to paint him when the skin was done, I will have to re-do it later. But I've painted the skin on all the ghouls and the details on most of them, so it's still been a productive week.

Here is a picture of the unfinished necro
View attachment 41145

The Ghouls unit
View attachment 41146
View attachment 41147

And a few highlight of the mini-dioramas that I've included in the unit
View attachment 41148
View attachment 41149
View attachment 41150

Please comment ^^
Flipping love these, especially the one that is gnawing on the hanged dude.

RoguePanda

Skeleton
Jul 21, 2010
Some very nice stuff in here, I am going to have a good browse and take it all in. It is nice to see a real army taking shape, something that looks solid and has a strong visual theme.

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
Apr 2, 2011
Grödinge
Thanks for the comments guys! I should actually have an update for this plog pretty soon :)

Flipping love these, especially the one that is gnawing on the hanged dude.
Funny should mention those, but that is exactly what the upcoming update is about. I'm actually in the process of retiring those guys. While I am very happy with the conversion and unitfillers I did for that old unit, the paintjob was rushed and I've improved loads since then. I also never really liked those GW ghouls, only got them because they came in the old Battalion box. So I've been wanting to replace them for a while now, and it should soon be done.

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
Apr 2, 2011
Grödinge
As promised, here are the new ghouls, fresh from the paint desk:
vw1eX1R.jpg
IQQJJqv.jpg

The majority of the models are Goblins from the Hobbit game by GW. But there are also 6th ed Ghouls from GW, and a bunch of ghouls from Heresy Miniatures. But, Ithat is not all. 've also finished up a slightly bigger model for my VC army:
0MyvUyj.jpg

It is a Ghoul Giant, usable in the army through the Giant Supplement of The 9th Age. I'm really looking forward to using it in games, because the rules seem so fun to play with. The model is from Rotten Factory, and was an absolute joy to paint. I do love painting giants in general, because you can do so many fun things with the skin. These guys being undead allowed for even more craziness.
Sb8EmGt.jpg

Reactions: MedMos

RoguePanda

Skeleton
Jul 21, 2010
Excellent stuff there! The ghouls work nicely, I had never thought of the Hobbit game Goblins for Ghouls, but they work nicely. I am not as fond of the modern plastic ones, they seem just too small for me. The giant is suitably horrifying! Is that a conversion or has some mad lad/lass actually made that as a stock model?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu