• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Thirteen Dancing Skeletons - Bearded Troll Lady / Gobbo Heroes / Bell Ringer

Mioum

Crypt Horror
It's the second time I see an organ made for a ME, and yours is quite awesome since it's totally scratch built! I'll echo Borgnine and say that I too want to have a go at a scratch built ME (with organ, of course!). I just have too many things to do to really start it though :tongue:

Congrats, that ME look spectacular!

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
Sweet model :D

I love her skin colour, how did you paint it?
Also, unusual choice going for blonde hair, but it works really well.

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Thanks .) The skin is pretty easy, I do all my vamps that way. It's primed white, than base with Naggaroth Night, and then going brighter with a few layers Daemonette Hide mixed with more and more White. More water with each layer. When it's bright enough, I either wash with a thinned Drakenhof or try other shades, depending on what fits hair and eye colour. Blonde fits her well, I'm glad you like that too ;)

Tawg

Vampire Count
True Blood
That horse isn't from WH is it? I don't recognize it at any rate.

Also the hair on the Ogre is funny, presumably to hide a previously not-holding-what-you-wanted-her-to-hold hand? I forget what that maiden had, was it a goblet? It's a nice way to mask it though. Although I just realized I've never seen an Ogre with a full head of hair (Or any hair maybe even). Unless some of the Manhunters have longer hair :ghost:

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
Just realised why the blonde fits so well, it is because of the purple skin. Those two work great together, can't believe that I didn't think of this sooner. This also has the benefit of the hair not blending in with the skin which can often be the case with more a more alive skin colour.

This could be good to remember, cause even on living models the skin can be slightly purple, and perhaps that is what is needed to make blonde hair look really good. Will have to try this.

Borgnine

Staff member
True Blood
I remember seeing that hellish horse a long time ago! It's good seeing it finished! You gave it good colors and the vampiress' skin stands out amidst all the red. Like people already said, you did a really good job on her :thumbsup:

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Thank you guys, it's so extremely encouraging to read such comments! Even more while all of you are way more better painters than I am! :bowdown:

@Tawg -> It's an old confrontation model, Razheem the Insane (actually I keep giving this answer a lot everytime I post a part of that, admitted, wonderful model ;) (The wings were stolen from that ugly ass stone old abyssal terror with the blood dragon vamp on it)
proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fimg.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fv480%2Fcandra%2FRazheem.jpg&hash=7af0738206ad322292d130e0d5556197

@Mad 'At Now that you've mentioned it, I realized at least three of my vamps have blond hair :D Two girls, one..knight. :perv: I think the next one will be a redhead. Or something greenish, hellish, like @Adam_Barrow 's army theme executed beautiful.

@Borgnine Again, nothing more to say thank you for your encouragement ;)

Last edited:

Tawg

Vampire Count
True Blood
Ah, Confrontation. A great set of models, a shame they basically died off. Very cool though, love the aesthetics of the horse's armor, very.. non-traditional. Definitely gives it a far more sinister appearance. Plus that wicked looking open jaw of its :ghost:

Sessioni

Black Knight
@Theerteen I scrolled through your plog. You have a lot of very interesting conversions, the ME is by far the most ambitious project I have seen here in CN, and it's looking so good! I wonder why I haven't earlier commented your creations. Your freehand is also astonishing, good job mate! Keep it up.

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
@Tawg Hehe, yeah, I love the horse head. Kinda creepy, alchemestic appearence with all that armor stuff. And the jar completes the job ;)

@Sessioni Thank you so much! After AoS was released, all my motivation to finish my army completely vanished, but with @Borgnine coming back and getting his stuff posted, something in me started screaming to paint again. I'm not sure for which aim exactly, because I don't see myself playing a round of AoS with my friends, who think like this too. And as far as I know, in Kings of War, to what we will change in the near future, there isn't so much variability in the armys to field two MEs or a Terrorgheist...But the fun in painting is back for once. I just had to use it ;) thanks again for your comment!

Borgnine

Staff member
True Blood
No amount of praise about my minis are better to read than something like this xD It's nice to inspire motivation.
I think I and some other people here are waiting for the Mortis Engine to be completed ;)

Irisado

Ancient Vampire Lord
Staff member
True Blood
The Vampire Huntress has turned out very well. The blonde hair combined with the red attire looks really impressive. Excellent conversion work on that whole model too.

Borgnine

Staff member
True Blood
So good to see you back, dude :D It's a shame that you are wrapping up your army with this, but at least it's a properly epic final piece. At a distance it will look like a normal ME, only to surprise and awe anyone coming closer, nice! Make it great xD

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Thanks mate ;) I still have some Minis left, including a TG. I'll finish those before I will start with serious 40k attempts. And I think I'll never be tired of fantasy minis, if they are used for playing or just for fun ;)